Ray Lewis Retiring

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Jan 2, 2013.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

One of the (many) ways I know that I really have no clue about being a professional football player is all of those dances and yelling and screaming as being so (supposedly) inspiring to people. I thought he looked like a moronic fool at the end of the game, but of course it wasn't aimed at me.

2. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Francesa was going off on Ray Lewis today. He says the media ignores his past...which they do. He does not like Lewis' showboating dance either, mainly because nobody kicks it like Mike...

[​IMG]

:)

3. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

This is why Francesca is a shithead. Does the media ignore his past? Yeah probably. But has he done anything recently to make the media remember his past? No he hasn't.

4. odessa

odessa Banned

So no big deal the guy killed someone? Wow what has happened to this country, where people make excuses for murderers? So I guess O.J is ok in your book to? What The Son Of Sam and Timothy Mcvaigh, they ok to? Oh wait I get it, it's one murder per person. Mass murderers need not apply, as it would get a little to messy.

5. odessa

odessa Banned

Ray Lewis is a total douche.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for him to win at least one more game. :pats_suck:

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The guy changed his lifestyle over a decade ago, he is real family man that helps others , let it go...people do change

8. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Wat?

This.

9. odessa

odessa Banned

yeah never mind he killed somebody. I'm sure John Wayne Gacy was a family guy, should he be forgiven? Oh wait, he doesn't play football.......

10. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

I would think you would tell the whole story when you are celebrating the man and his career.

11. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

Wow, just throw your computer in a trash bin so the world won't have to be exposed to your garbage anymore.

Lewis took a plea bargain, and his 2 friends had to go to court and were acquitted for SELF DEFENSE. A court of law found them innocent on the basis of self defense. Ray Lewis used to party hard, but he changed his life after that and doesn't do those type of parties anymore.

Period. Even so, it was over 12 years ago, scumbag. I would absolutely love to have a history of every thing odessa has done, and then keep bringing it up for the rest of your pathetic sad little life. Am going to love it when you stand before the Most High and answer for the way you judge other people.

#31 MiamiDolphin, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  12. odessa

odessa Banned

I never killed anybody and never been involved with anything like that. Trust me when I say I partied hard and sinned alot lol. Amazingly , I never been involved with murder.

As for Lewis and even guys like Vick, it makes me sick they can make millions for playing a sport. It should be a privilege and not a right. Yet ou have a murderer(he should be in prison) and someone who likes to torture pitbulls(fight them) making millions, while honest hard working people barely get by. You got to remember the NFL is a job, and your gonna tell it's ok these 2 scumbags are still employed? Hell you have your excuse for Lewis, but what about Vick who was convicted by a federal court?!!! Tell me any company who would hold on to these scumbags if they did the same things there? STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THERE OWN ACTIONS. SOMEONES LIFE WAS ENDED AND THERE SHOULD BE CONSEQUENCES, I DON'T CARE IF IT WAS 50 YEARS AGO.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Vick was held more than accountable. He went to prison for two years and lost about $100 million. What more do you want from him?

14. odessa

odessa Banned

I don't want him in the NFL, pure and simple. I don't think a convicted felon should be allowed the privileged to play and make millions in the NFL. I have a laundry list of players who I feel should not be in the NFL. If you brake the law, what gives you the right to work in the NFL?

15. gopats88

gopats88 Member

There is no version of this story where Ray Lewis comes out looking like an upstanding, respectable person.

The worst case scenario is that he himself stabbed two people to death, lied to police, and threw his "friends" under the bus for his own benefit. Considering that he seemingly took measures to dispose of the suit he was wearing that day, this version is actually fairly likely.

The best case scenario is that his friends did indeed kill those two people in self-defense, while Ray Lewis stayed to the side uninvolved. Afterwards, Ray lied to the police about what happened (obstruction of justice), then helped his innocent "friends" get charged with murder rather than risking any serious charges himself. Taking a plea bargain where he testified against the other two and distanced himself would seem unnecessary if anyone was actually innocent, and it's pretty hard to respect either way. Paying one of the victim's children $1m+ in a settlement doesn't exactly scream to the whole world "I didn't do anything wrong" either.

Most people live their whole lives without being involved in anything like this. Has he changed since then? Maybe. But that doesn't mean that everyone is required to forget about what happened. If you were ever close to someone who was murdered, I don't think you would be so quick to be telling people "forget about the past".

16. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

And most of those people are average joe nobodies who never in their life will make as much money, accomplish as much, or be as famous as Ray Lewis. He is an alpha male, and sometimes alpha males party hard when they are young. Especially if they are famous, rich, young athletes.

So, if I am at a store, and see someone get cheated, and I offer to help the person and give them the money they lost, because I can afford it.... I am somehow involved with the conspiracy to cheat her?

You don't even understand why someone would do this? If they do it, THEY MUST BE GUILTY, in your brain? Just goes along with your twisted logic anyway.

Nobody was murdered. Stop using that word. It was a bunch of males at a party and they all got violent with each other. Someone died as a result. Court of law found it to be viable self-defense.

You talk as if this was some random act of violence against an innocent bystander.

#36 MiamiDolphin, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Ray Lewis is a great football player. Yeah, I get that. That doesn't have anything to do with him as a human being. It isn't a reason for what happened, it isn't an excuse, it isn't a justification... it's unrelated. Am I expected to look up to O.J. Simpson and Casey Anthony because they did something exceptional with their lives too? By the way, most "Alpha Males" go through their whole lives without ever getting accused or charged of murder either. If he was completely innocent and his friends were innocent, then how do you explain his decision to take a plea bargain and testify against them? Is putting innocent people in jail something that alpha men do too? Why did he lie to the police in the first place?

You can donate money to someone without settling a lawsuit out of court. People settle either because the amount settled for is less than the cost of going to court (unlikely for $1m+) or because they fear the consequences of exposing themselves to legal judgement. As a public figure, it should have been doubly important for him to clear his name if he had actually done nothing wrong.

The two friends were found not guilty. That doesn't automatically make them innocent (in a moral sense, not legal). Part of the reason they couldn't be proven guilty is that the two victims couldn't tell their side of the story (shocking, huh?), and that the knife that was recovered had been cleaned for prints, thus it was impossible to tell who had actually done the stabbing. Maybe they never did stab anyone. Maybe someone else did.

18. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

You don't think kneeling at midfield repeatedly yelling "thank you god" for a circle of a gaggle of reporters is attention whoring?

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

[​IMG]

#39 Italian Seafood, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  20. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Haters will hate ..... The same people who cast the stones live in glass houses of sin. Quick to point out what someone else did but were never there so basically their just as clueless. When your doing good there is always people who aint happy with their lives who go trying to break down other peoples lives. Behappy for the man. Everybody loved Rapist Coke Head LT oh but thats ddifferent right?