Jets Hire Marty Mornhinweg for OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tank75, Jan 18, 2013.

1. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

Agreed. Mid level passing offense in 2009 and 2010 and this team would have been the favorite to win the SB in my book. Rushing offense and defense were almost enough to make up for having very little vertical attack.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Please, first off most of your criticism is about this past year with the Eagles. I guess Andy Reid was not part of the problem ah? Look at his body of work. Not to mention that the heralded eagles defense shit the bed more than the offense. You do not consistently get a top ten offense by your assertion that is pass, pass, pass, punt. In retrospect you must like what we had, the run, run, sack, intercept version of it.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://turnonthejets.com/2013/01/new-york-jets-hire-marty-mornhinweg-to-be-offensive-coordinator/

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Please, Eagle fans have been dissatisfied with that offense and the play calling for well before this past season. Forgive me for not joining in your belief that marty morningweg is some sort of offensive genius who has been setting the NFL on fire for the past 10 yrs in Philly. You may wish to believe that, but its simply not the case and if you spent any time on eagle forums or speaking w/die hard eagle fans you would well know that they have been bitching about that offense for YEARS. I am fine with hiring MM and trying the WCO. But pretending that he is some kind of HOF coordinator with an impeccable track record is just idiotically naive.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

First off I never said he is a HOF OC. Second, the delusional Eagle fans bitching about the offense should not be because of MM, but, much like the Jets, they do not have a top notch QB to take them there..... And the only idiotically naive thought is to think they would get there with Michael Vick.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I mean can we really take a lot of these fans seriously, when how many Jet fans were so overboard in wanting Schotty out, then it turned out he was a million times better then the next guy. And now the Rams have a guy they love. Not that you couldn't think they needed a change, but how many on here were acting like the guy was the worst and the reason for everything going wrong? Then the next guy wasn't half as good. Not so easy.

#246 #28Martin, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  7. BleednGreen247

schottenheimer was terrible. sparano is the only nfl mind worse than Brian.

8. #28Martin

The Rams love Schottenheimer. The Schotty/Fisher combo was raved about this NFL season. The consensus around he league was the Jets screwed up.

9. #28Martin

You're learning with Sanchez that maybe Schotty was responsible for the team overachieving the two years they went to the title game. I was down on him at times, also, but then you look at Sanchez his last season you wonder whether Schotty should have been awarded a lifetime contract for getting an offense led by Sanchez anywhere in the playoffs.

10. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I'm reserving my opinions about Mornhinweg until preseason. Until then, I could only hope that the new OC brings a balanced approach to the offense. No Ground and Pound where they relied too much on the run game or Pass and Gas where they relied too much on the passing game.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I was never a Schotty-basher/hater. In fact, most of my posts pertaining to him on this message board involved me defending him against what I considered over-the-top, reactionary attacks.

Having said all of that, I watched several Rams games this season. Their offense was consistently unimpressive to me. I don't think Schotty is a bad OC, but I also don't think he has established himself as anything special either. To me, Offensive Coordinators get way too much blame and way too much credit. It all comes down to personnel.

#252 slimjasi, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Schotty was a TERRIBLE playcaller. Way too predictable. Just because Sparano had no clue how to do anything on offense, does not mean we can forget how bad Schotty was in many ways. Haha.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

this sums up my thoughts exactly.

i do think Holmes and Kerley can thrive in a wco imo. both are shifty wr's who make their bread and butter on the yards after the catch on short passes. just bring in an efficient qb and we'll be fine imo.

15. #28Martin

What laugh? He went to the AFC Title game two years in a row with a QB who can't play. I don't see how that's so funny.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Shotty wasn't as bad as any of us made it out to be, After seeing Sparano it's obvious he is the real joke, Shotty can call play's he is just too conservative but Sanchez had success under him

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

when Mark Sanchez is your QB you have to be conservative

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So would Keller

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Schotty is a terrible offensive coordinator. His offenses are consistently in the bottom half of the league. The Rams were 25th in offense this year ... some people are praising him for that which shows how very low the expectations for him are.

The guy we just hired has NEVER been outside the top 15 in total offense. So let's give him a chance, regardless of what the douchebag Eagles fans think.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Schotty sucked, and still does.

Th Rams had one more win than us, and scored only 18 more points than we did for the year.

Big time success there.