Everyone off the Titanic...Another coaching defection

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlToon, Jan 12, 2013.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If they made a quick hire I would have said they had a plan and nice job they acted on it and got one of the top guys,,,,but sadly for you and me and the jets that is not what happened :sad:
    They blew it up half assed and the coaches that they had intended to keep ran like the wind from this mess .

If they hire Cohen and add further insult to injury and hire Cameron might I suggest,,,,

If you are not religious you find one that works for you and begin praying for this team ASAP. Does anyone know who the patron saint of circuses or fiascos is :lol:

2. 624

624 Banned

a lot*

filler

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

when are the fan defections? we have some dead weight I'd love to see gone.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Be the trendsetter. Go first. Maybe more will follow.

5. Mr. Green Pants

:lol: Okay.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Actually it is 32 dead or missing. I guess others have already covered this.

#86 CJLang, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So you are just assuming that the GM won't have total control? What because Rex is there with 1 year left on his contract!?

Everyone's a couch owner/GM these days and knows exactly how to build a football franchise, why we haven't found a GM yet, what or what candidates think of Rex. Forget facts, they just know everything before it happens. Too funny! Forget the experts that have lived their entire lives living and breathing football. They know nothing. Fans who sit at home and only watch the games are the real experts, not the people in the organization!! :lol:

I still don't understand the hate for Rex. People took it as a given that he was gone and now they are butthurt that he's still here.

People need to seriously at least wait until we've made some moves before criticizing and whining. Seriously. My 3 year old cousin whines less than some of you. If it held substance, then okay, but it's all speculation. ALL OF IT. Wait until we hire a GM and some new coaches, then we'll see if we're looking better or worse.

#87 Barcs, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

now, if I want some of the whiny, irrational fans to abandon the team so I can enjoy the team in peace, what good would my leaving the team do for me to achieve such? if I left the team, it wouldn't matter whether they stayed or not.

your inability to grasp that basic aspect of the scenario you suggested pretty much indicates you are the very type of person who should be taking your own advice.

9. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

They made a quick hire with Sporano and had a plan....howd that work out?

They are doing their due dilligence and going about this the right way. Hiring the first candidate is not the indication of a plan, in fact it is the complete opposite. Interviewing a lot of camdidates with a lot of different backgrounds to find the best fit is a plan.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jetclaps let me clarify ,,,,if they made a quick hire and hired " Gamble,Caldwell or Dorsey " I don't think anyone would have had a problem with it ?

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Barcs are you assuming that the GM will have total control ?

I hope that he does but if they make a guy like Cohen GM will that really matter :breakdance:

12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This. Some on this board are laughable with their flawed logic. They think it's better to interview multiple people even if the most surefire candidates are hitting you right in the face. Yeah sure, that makes ZERO sense. That is just an excuse to mask the fact that they didn't have a plan in place, Woody dragged his feet as an owner who knows nothing about football, and they're left holding themselves talking about all these retreads. Only in Jets land is this considered due diligence. :breakdance:

13. endydee

endydee Active Member

The team is still head coached by Rex.
    Six coaches decide to defect.
    Bring in Jim Popp, for this shit to stop,
    And a better Jets team will reflect.

#93 endydee, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree. Too many unrealistic homers here. They seem to live in an alternate "reality".

But... might as well laugh at them in the meantime!

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you owned a Billion dollar company in a small industry with limited top people wouldn't you make it a point to personally know all the top people in your industry? Wouldn't after a decade of ownership in this niche business wouldn't you make the decision to go in another direction months ahead of the actual decision?

I don't understand the thinking that the decision to fire Tannenbaum was a knee jerk decision made right after the season ended but now somehow we are doing our due diligence. Due Diligence is done the day you decide to take ownership and is a continuing process. It's not something that's done when you decide to cut the rudder off the ship and see what will make due.

If we are simply waiting for a particular guy from one of the playoff teams that would make sense. Due Diligence is simply not an answer. Search firms are generally used by underperforming companies where the ownership needs cover.

16. Realistic Jets Fan

Makes no difference really with you and most of your fellow whiners. You would have hated Dorsey, Telesco or Caldwell (suddenly your new surefire candidates) had the Jets signed any of them.as you will hate the guy that they do sign after handling the process prudently as they are doing..

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you don't know who your candidates are before you make that move then you are totally incompetent. Probably why they hired a search firm to begin with, because they are.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Makes no difference what you and your fellow management suck ups think. You will be acting like you won the lottery no matter who we hire with dreams of future SB in your heads while sucking your thumbs and holding soft lamb blankies in your free hand.

You will love the guy they sign no matter how screwed up the process actually becomes.:eek:hmy:

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Well played :up:

20. I've resisted mentioning this personal aspect up until now. However...these constant attempts to make the Jets appear incompetent in every concieveable aspect has left me w/ no other choice.

I just started a career in the last 6 months AS an executive recruiter. You'd be surprised how many highly respected entities use it to fill positions. Why? The process is streamlined, you don't waste time trimming fat & it is extremely helpful when the position is specialized.

Within the niche industry I am...only the more successful entities use search firms.It is the fly by night groups that rely on HR & backyard handshakes.

I think it's safe to say the Jets GM spot is a SPECIALIZED position w/ some very senstitive aspects associated with it. Why in the world would you cut yourself short of the entire candidate pool based on somebody you played golf with or met at a party a few times? That's Leon Hess territory.

Good companies recognize the importance of their executive positions & take the time to humble themselves enough to do their "Due dilligence". The companies that fill the positions quickly after only viewing a limited pool of candidates usually are right back paying for us to do another search a few months later. The companies that allow their firm to submit to them multiple candidates & go through the entire process are more likely to find sustainability at the executive level.

Take a look at Korn/Ferry's history at filling positions in this league.Seems pretty consistent w/ what we're seeing now..and if their past success rate applies to the Jets..we should all be very happy.