Scott Cohen... Gaining Support.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by laxin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

If bridges had cocks, that one would be hung like a giraffe

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, if Cohen was Tannenbaum's second, then there had to have been some synergy between the thought processes of both men. If Tannenbaum trained Cohen, then the probability goes up that Cohen indeed, could have similar thought processes to Tannenbaum and perhaps even a similar decision making paradigm.

So, if you don't think Tannenbaum was that bad, you'd probably would be happy with Cohen.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

NOthing compared to this mf'r if I still lived in Colorado this would be my bridge of choice..

[​IMG]

Never saw it but I know it's fucking high

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I remember that at the time I posted that this was Rex throwing Tanny under the bus, possibly inadvertently, and people arguing with me over it.

How does the quote seem now? Especially with Hill being underwhelming. Definitely looks like he threw Tannenbaum under the bus

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Exactly.. like I said... was Cohen just collecting a paycheck to sit under Tanny? Of course he wasn't, therefore even though it may have been a minor role he certainly has some dirt on his hands.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I barely hear this guys name ever mentioned, so to say this would be a terrible hire isnt really fair. Most of us probably have very little information on the guy.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Most of the people on this board have never heard of ANY of these GM candidates. Yet many have picked a favorite.

I think the reason for the negative vibe is that picking this guy gives the appearance of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

And most Jets fans were hoping the "We won't get fooled again"

Sorry. :sad:

8. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

My problem with it is that, if it is true that Rex had so much power in personnel decisions, Cohen's hire is seen as maintaining status quo. He'll potentially be another guy that will abdicate to Rex personnel decisions because he was a part of the process before, Rex just gets another chance to build his team. If this team was the one he himself built and was not forced upon him, then we are in for a long 2 seasons (the amount of seasons we'd have to suck that I feel Woody would have his hand forced).

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

exactly. he sucks as a GM but put him in a pencil pushing exec position where he probably would do just fine. let him crunch the cap numbers for others to make the decisions with. it isn't as if he is devoid of ability just because he made some bad GM decisions.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well Im sure theres other people who can do such work... Why must it be Tannenbaum? Someone that failed as GM and has been basically thrown to the wolves by Rex?

Im sure he could competently do such job that doesnt have a large impact on the organization, but we should not put ourselves in that position. Once someone is fired, move on. Havent we learned that from Bradway?

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

The media shit storm that would occur is not worth it. Woody and Rex decided that Tannenbaum would be the fall guy (right or not) and they're going to have to live with it. Whether he can do a good job or not is irrelevant, it would make the organization a bigger laughing stock than it already is.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Since Bradway is still with the organization, I'd say we as fans have learned but Woody Johnson hasn't learned a damn thing.

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Some people in this thread need to be put on anti-depressants. Has anyone considered the possibility that we may hire a guy whose name has NOT been leaked? He will probably be outside the organization.

I'll ask this: What is the rationale for Woody Johnson spending 200K of his own money for a search firm to hire a guy right under his nose...? Don't you think that money would have been served to buy out some front office contracts and insert some new blood in them?

Everyone is so used to depression/SOJ that they don't consider the fact that maybe the organization is actually trying to become better. Instead, everyone whines and complains. The older guys on here have been through worse than Woody and Rex. I would rather see the positive in everything (or most everything)

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Id go around.

15. Petey

Petey Active Member

I don't understand why they fired Mike Tannenbaum, spent a bunch of money to hire someone to find a replacement and then settle on Tannebaum's number two. They might as well have just kept Mike for another season and if the team sucked again next year just kill off everyone with fire. Rex, Tannenbaum, the whole gang.

But whatevs.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

@JasonLaCanfora: Hear that Scott Cohen was very impressive during interview today. Jets could end up promoting their assistant GM to GM

Shit your pants and cry everybody!

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum 2, ladies and gentlemen.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That would be surprising. Very surprising.

I would rather wait for official word though...

19. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Woody: Scott, are you okay with Rex holding power over you?
    Scott: I guess...
    Woody: Best interview evaahhh

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not a fan of this although I don't know anything about him.