Am I crazy for liking the direction this team is going?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RapZiLLa54, Jan 8, 2013.

1. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

While the press conference was a lot of regurgitated rah-rah from Rex, I feel like its about time Rex was given the ability to choose his coaches. Granted Pettine is leaving but thats of his own power.

When Rex was brought in he inherited practically all of the Tanny/Mangini era and IMO never really had a chance to put his stamp on this team. Granted he turned a below average defense into a top 5 defense by adding only 2 players hes basically been a glorified DC as a head coach.

He wanted to bring in Hue Jackson but they convinced him to keep Schotty and its been reported that Sparano was Tannys guy.

When Rex first got here thats when we should have blown it all up. New GM, new OC etc.

After the press conference its clear that Ryan has been empowered within the organization and I personally feel this is a step in the right direction. 4 years too late but on the right path, you can't deny this guy knows football. Its a win-win. The people who like and respect Rex will see if he truly has what it takes in a semi Belicheck role and if he fails within 2-3 years the haters get their wish. :jets:

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Well, there's only one direction to go after you've hit rock bottom.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Right now the Jets are fractured. The new GM in reality might not want to carry Rex for a year. Now we will be looking at another offensive system (don't know if you can call last years one an offense). New defensive coordinator so we do not know how he will call the defense. Still one morevfiringbi would like to see and that is the OL coach. He was horrible and I don't know what he was doing with thevSlauson/Ducasse rotation because Slauson was truly the better guard.

4. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

From what I've understood the rotation at guard was coming from above and not of the OL coach wishes.

5. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Sparano was Rex's decision not Tanny. He fully supported his hiring in public statements and interviews. He even went further to say Sparano is just like him. Rex wanted ground and pound/ wildcat and that's why Sparano was hired. If any thing we have learned of late that Rex actually has had more say than was thought in reguards to internal decisions. Which actual make him more to blame. Give him more responsibility can only further hurt the Jets.

#5 Jon_Snow, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No, you're not. Things are never as good as you think they are (unless its the day after your team wins the SB) and they are also never as bad as u think they are. Things change in this league quickly. If we put together an offense we will be in the playoff hunt.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think we need to wait and see: 1) who the GM is and 2) What roster moves he makes in conjunction with Rex, before we say anything meaningful about the "direction" the team is going in.

8. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

YES, you are crazy. This team is a joke, run by the head idiot Woody Johnson. Just make Rex Ryan the damn GM if the new GM can't hire a new HC. What a mess this team is. I'm seriously questioning if I can continue being a fan of this team with Woody Johnson as owner.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Didn't know what thread to stick this in, but Cimini just tweeted that the Jets have not had a top 10 offense in 13 years. Wow. That's ABSURD to think about that.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Yes, youre fucking crazy. Considering we have NO FUCKING DIRECTION right now, how could you possibly be happy about the direction we're going???? Aall we know fornow is we have two fucking buffoons in Rex and Woody running this team. Thats all we have!!!! Its a complete disaster at best right now.

11. akibud

akibud Active Member

that's all gonna change next season for sure, others teams are not going to want to play us :rolleyes:

12. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Exactly, I agree

13. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Yes.

On the brightside, if there's any year to be a clusterfuck it's 2013. Clowney, Manziel and Bridgewater await.

14. RollingGreen

RollingGreen New Member

Yes. You are. But most of us are.

Sometimes these fools make it sooo tough to be a fan, though. After watching that presser today I bet Woody has Glamour Shots of Rex in his office...

15. snipes824

snipes824 Member

We were supposed to get change this offseason. Instead, we promoted from within for ST Coordinator. We promoted from within for D Coordinator. Looks like we may promote from within for GM. We kept the Head Coach and gave him basically a clean slate. This direction sucks.

Admittedly, I'm actually fine with the Thurman promotion. I am just using it to cement my point on the lack of change actually occurring here.

16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you thoughts. I am thinking of leaving this team as a fan for 33 years. The reason Woody Johnson is a buffoon and is a horrible owner.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think you are crazy. I can't imagine the Jets being worse next year. If so, yikes!

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think if you focus primarily on the offensive side of the ball, as far as top notch talent goes, then we will be a contender next year.

I think Rex is an amazing HEAD coach and has all the tools in the world to get us to the Super Bowl. I am a huge Rex supporter and I think he shuts a lot of the people on this board up in the future. I'm excited to see that Woody seems to realize that continuity is key to being a successful franchise year in and year out and I see Rex being here for a very long time.

I am very excited to see that Rex knows that the offense has been to predictable, he knows that we have to be an attacking offense in order to be a dominate team and that is very encouraging. With that mind set it is clear to me that they are going to go out and get the absolute best personal possible in order to make that attacking offense a reality.

We already know the defense is always going to be good with Rex here, so that is one major obstacle out of the way. If we get the other side of the ball close to that, we are going to see a lot of great things from this team.

19. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

No, if you think this is rock bottom just watch it's going to get worse before it gets better.

20. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Wow I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Now I don't feel bad.