Am I the only person left with faith in Ryan/Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SyracuseJet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Ted

Ted Member

You guys are forgetting about Junc. I believe he has Sanchez' likeness tattooed on his chest. :grin:

2. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

No, I can't show that I posted that in January 2011 because I didn't. He deserves some credit for those two playoff runs but we didn't win the Super Bowl with Sanchez did we? If you remember he was almost benched that year. Inconsistent and average at best.

It works the same the other way around too... What if Kerley and Greene had a decent QB?

Sanchez would be benched if he was on any other team. He needs to be off this team, you are free to follow him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

No way man, rather have Ertz or Eiffert or even Escobar, those 3 guys will be top 3 in rookie receiving, book it

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

value wise. Ertz, Eifert and Escobar might all be 2nd round picks while Kelce can be had in rounds 3 or 4 and he's just as good to me. 6'5 260, adequate speed, hands and can block

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You are completely insane

[​IMG]

6. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I see what your saying, but we need a difference maker at TE, it's every quarterbacks security blanket, with TE's being very important in this league, I want them to get a tight end with elite separation skills and looking at the film and reading the scouting reports, he has it. ESPN insider is the shit haha

7. WillyBeaman

WillyBeaman New Member

Co-sign. Brady's entire career has been built upon turning castoffs into key cogs at both the WR and RB positions. Part of it is scheme but he is a big part of what allows them to run that up tempo, quick hitting offense.

8. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

No, you're not....

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im not going to go back and look right now but i can remember in every game that i have watched with sanchez as qb i have said multiple times "dont fuck this up sancheese"

every single game. and more times than not he managed to fuck it up.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Eiffert would be an ideal get for us. He's a little more talented as a pass catcher than Ertz although Ertz has a slight edge as a blocker. I just don't think Tyler is going to be there that at 40 in Round 2. The Jets biggest needs are QB, Explosive RB ( no Green type plodders), WR, Receiving TE, Pass rushing LB.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sanchez regressed, we all thought that he was going to take the next step after that 2010 playoff run.

Shonne Greene>>that Packer running back with the locks.

Jermey Kerley>>whoever is the Vikings slot receiver is.

anymore questions?

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

MT wanted him....but Rex should have objected bigtime.

13. JetsKickAss

Kerley is a #5 receiver on the Packers.

14. JetsKickAss

And yet Cassel went 11-5 when Brady missed the 2008 season.

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Sanchez was junk from year 2. Will never have faith in him because he does not deserve it.

As for Rex, his apparent love for Mark Sanchez and his inability to see that the guy is the worst qb in the NFL leaves me with no faith in him either.

16. I believe in Rex as a leader of men & running the defense. But he should have no say on how the offense is built or ran. He's competent enough as a head coach to win consistently if provided w/ good offensive talent. They need to ditch the "ground & pound" or build the type of offensive line you need for it to actually work. No more ofof this "good enough" attitude on offense. This offense's goal should be to put up the most points in the NFL every single season.

As for Sanchez..he's a gambler & he's never gonna be elite. He was also beyond terrible at the season's end. But he's shown when the offense is in high gear running a true up tempo-no huddle style, given time to look down field & adequate talent at the receiver position that he can make big plays.

If he can be moved this offseason..move him. The change in scenery would be good for both parties.

But if decent value cannot be had..lets make the best of it. Let's build the O-line around pass pro, & build a down field passing game suited around Mark's strengths. Big athletic basketball types who can attack the football as compromise for Mark's off the mark throws.

He's gonna throw some picks..yes. Time for Rex & his D to man up. Build an offense to put up points. Not "Ground & pound"

17. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

18. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

No, you're not. There are others of us that TRULY believe!

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I would throw a party with free beer!!!!!

20. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

re post opps