Kiper's All-Rookie Team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Jan 3, 2013.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

also was bug on Burfict like many others on this board and would have drafted him in the sixth and definently would have taken him as a undrafted FA

2. Professor Frink

I like that thinking, when the shot's there, pull the trigger :)

But Pats fans hating the pick had nothing do with Coples as a player. They could have drafted anyone and they would be here (along with a portion of Jets fans) trashing the pick and parroting whatever negatives the media had to say. Watch, the same thing will happen this year, Pats fans will come on saying the new guy sucks, Jets fans will say the Pats' pick will be a bust, and so on and so forth.

3. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

Like the article said, our D Line has a big future. He had limited snaps and led the team in sacks. The only thing that bothers me about Coples is his arm branding. Absolutely disgusting.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

$300 for a jersey? Was it signed? Did it come with an Xbox 360 and a Madden '13 game?

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If he was on the Jets he would have probably been a bust

6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Seeing Miles Burris mentioned really f--king hurts. A lot of us in this forum really liked that kid. Not sure if we would have drafted him in the 4th round, - not like we had a choice anyway. We didnt have a 4th rounder --- shipped it to Denver for Tebow............basically, just a forfeit.

Miles Burris 2012 62 solo / 34 assisted / 96 TOTAL / 1.5 sack
    Calvin Pace 2012 35 solo / 20 assisted / 55 TOTAL / 3.0 sack

Before anyone freaks & says the Raiders play a 4-3, ---- remember, Jets trying to get the hybrid concept going. Thats why we drafted Davis. But Burris can play both Ds as well. Just another example of how our roster is going to s--t in a Fed Ex overnight envelope. We've got a lot of work ahead of us.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Was so upset when Jets gave up a 4th rounder in that trade. When Tanny had that smug condescending look when interviewed after draft I was hoping he'd be fired ASAP. Don't want him as a capologist, don't want him as some random guy in the organization, don't want him as a beer vendor in one of the portables.

Hopefully, this new GM will value all our picks and not give out 10M contracts like candy.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe someone (us especially) didn't draft this guy in the 6th or 7th round.

from my original mock draft in April :)

double edit: sorry for posting the above but its probably only the second time in 10 years on here I have ever been right about anything :p

#28 JetsUK, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Watching Burflict this year undrafted along w/the PATS selecting Dennard in the 7th round (pick #224), is an excellent lesson to be learned for future drafts.
    No risk, - all reward if it works out.