New York Jets media silence

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

It seems the New York Jets haven't spoken to the media since Sunday, obviously to look for a new GM. However, some media members are all upset and in a tizzy about that very fact.

I think it's starting to get ridiculous. We're probably going to get some statements, but it seems as though this is less about journalistic rights and more about them trying to find more clever comments to put on ESPN so everyone can repeat them like sheep.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

It was New Year's Eve Monday and New Years Day Tuesday (a federal Holiday), it's only Wednesday...

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They are busy hiring a qualified General Manager the most critical hire they will make in until the draft, the media is the last of their concerns.

My guess is they plan to hire by Sat or Sun then talk to the media by week's end.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

NYJ make comments - they get twisted, blown up, misconstrued "the circus continues"

NYJ don't make comments - Jets are getting it wrong, what's all the secrecy for?, clearly trying to keep a lid on infighting? they cant say what they are doing because they don't know what they are doing, "the circus continues"

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Media is ALWAYS bitching... worse than my ex-girlfriend or someone's ex-wife

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Most likely the holiday, but nothing leaked from the staff meeting Woody held on 12/31 so that's a positive I guess?

7. Professor Frink

NFL media policy states that every team has to make their HC available to the media in the week following the last game of the season. Every other team has already done so, and their silence is especially unusual given their recent history of transparency. Something is awry, and the media has the right to point that out.

8. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Fuck the media especially the Cimini douche replacement, Manish Mehta. To think I used to tweet him links to here cause he was doing such a good job. unreal.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

lol after posting ^^ this I clicked on the link to the ESPN story about the Jets being quiet:

Cimini: "Cleary, something fishy is going on."

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Right...a week. Today is Wed.

Nothing is awry, they are trying to get the GM they want before anyone can steal them.

Team first, media second?

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Didn't know this when I posted. I guess Woody either thinks he can have the GM wrapped up by Friday and have Rex and the GM speak then or he'll eat whatever fine the NFL throws at him?

12. They needed to stop the media bleeding.Every day there was a new controversy & you could tell it was beginning to have internal affects. This appears to be an exhale. Let the media pout & spin any they want..this silence is a GOOD thing

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they are looking to get their new gm and then let him figure out what to do.

you have what could be a lame duck coach whose entire staff may be fired going out there shooting off his big dumb mouth. i know i wouldnt want that if i were woody.

this actually makes me feel better about what is going on. it tells me that the new gm very well may have say as far as rex future goes.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah not sure why Mehta is so butt-hurt they haven't said anything. There is nothing to say.....

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

No anon sources to talk too cause its the offseason.

16. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

I wrote a slightly longer reply but my browser crashed. Basically, it was fuck Mehta. He's just bitching and whining now.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The media is still pissed at how Woody handled the presser on Black Monday. It wasn't the best considering other franchises that made major changes also made their personnel available for interview. Rex probably was ordered to cancel. I give him the BOTD.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

- Samuel Clemens

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

And you know what's even funnier? They felt the need to be completely silent EXCEPT for coming out and stating that Rex would be back. Typical Jets always f*ckin shit up lol There's no consistency in this organization because of Woodrow.

20. mreeve1128

mreeve1128 New Member

He had me fooled too. imo, Manish has done way more harm than good with his reporting.