Jets Expected To Release Some Veterans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Only window for trading Revis is this offseason.
    His value is lowered though coming off injury, and their are no QB's i'm seeing in the draft where we could best leverage an extra pick.
    We can't trade a guy like that to simply pick up cap space.

I would re-sign him. No CB in the league makes near 15 mil...it won't cost that much, especially if a good portion guaranteed.

In 2014, when the QB class is better, I'd look to potentially move Cro.

2. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Your plan means picking top 5 next year! And no one will trade for Sanchez...would you?

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'd rather see Pou'ha traded than cut. There are probably teams out there that could use a solid NT. Save cap room and get picks. That will be the theme this year. Stockpile those things like the Patriots do. Tebow, Pou'ha, (revis or cro), could net us a good amount. Sanchez will have to restructure. There's no other way. No team will take any trade for him with that salary, even if discounted, it still hurts us. We could end up with a good amount from all that, could afford to resign Landry, Keller & a good RB (or resign Greene). Draft the rest. Trade down for more picks.

4. duncc5

duncc5 Member

I could see swapping Mark and Flynn, but why would Seattle give up a 1st for Revis... especially knowing that they would need to give him huge money next year? They have arguably the best secondary in the league right now, and Sherman is under contract for 2 more years for barely $1MM total. If we're going to trade Revis, it would have to be to a team that has a terrible secondary and a lot of cap room going forward. Tampa could be a fit.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Revis and Sanchez to Arizona for their 1st round pick and 3rd round pick. They pay half of the Sanchez money for 2013.

6. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Honestly, both teams would benefit from this trade.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

No offense, but HOW?!?!?!?!

8. VanderbiltJets

Trading Revis for less than he's worth in order to free up cap space for a rebuilding team that's screwed by the Salary Cap regardless? Terrific idea. How about we trade Cromartie for a fifth and Kevin Kolb while we're at it?

9. VanderbiltJets

The only thing more idiotic than paying Sanchez a ton of money next year? Paying him more money. You're assuming that a team will pay him $2.2 million, while the Jets add an additional 2.05 million??? Seriously? I know people hate Sanchez (as do I), but how does paying him 2 million to go away help this team in 2013 when it means we'll also have to sign another QB?

10. VanderbiltJets

*2nd

///////////

11. VanderbiltJets

This may be difficult to comprehend, but player skill is only one of a myriad of factors (contract, trade value, salary cap, etc) that justifies and dictates trading one player over another.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Hopefully a new GM can get a deal done with Revis. I trust Revis far more on a long-term deal than I do Cromartie, though Cromartie's play this year was amazing.

I don't think it's a lock one of them is moved, but it's certainly a possibility. If Rex is gone, I'd consider it even a probability.

13. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

None of those players are even remotely worth franchising in my opinion, including Keller. Keller for maybe 2-3 mil, not 5.9. He can't block, and he drops too many passes. I'm really not sure what the pluses are for him.

14. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

All this Revis trade talk so why not the Redskins. Revis for Cousins and Orakpo?? Their secondary is awful.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

::rofl:Revis for Matt Flynn:rofl::rofl::rofl: A future Hall of Famer for a back up who lost his job to a rookie and has only two nfl starts:rofl:

16. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Why in the world would they do that?
    They are close to the cap especially since they have the $18M penalty
    Why would they give up 2 guys on small contracts one of whom is their best pass rusher for the privilege of a CB who is coming off knee surgery, and will either hold out or give you one year then not be franchise-able?
    That trade makes no sense for WAS.

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Wow, way to not read the post.
    It is basically Flynn for Sanchez and Revis for a 1st.
    I doubt Seattle would do that, they have a very good pair of corners already, and Flynn's contract is actually not that bad if he doesn't hit the escalators, drops to something like 3 years 10M which is a decent contract for a backup.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Why trade Revis at all, just because you have a great player doesn't mean you fucking trade him. This is what the Jets have always done in the past and it's why they haven't won a Superbowl since the moon landing

19. NFL

NFL Active Member

We need to lock up LaRon and Bell. Then Keller if he comes cheap. Devito could come cheap too, he did take a pay cut at the beginning of this season, maybe he comes back cheap

20. NFL

NFL Active Member

God I hope your kidding.