Rex Calls Press Confrence at 1:15

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 28, 2012.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't believe Rex went around telling everyone he wanted to be fired. He doesn't seem the type to want to bail on his product. Just look at his decision to stick with Sanchez for as long as he has this season.

I'm calling Hornet.

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Agree with your comment, but not the idea behind your avatar. Props on the look thou, it came out really good.

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

For once, Fat Mike is right. That's a pretty unforgivable breath of journalistic ethics if true.

4. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Thanks man appreciate it....Michael Vick for Jets QB 2013! Shit I'd even avatar Matt Moore...any qb but Sanchez

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I'd take Matt Moore, Matt Flynn, even anyone not named Matt over Sanchez.

6. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Matt leinhart? Lol

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    RT @JeaneCoakley I'm hosting #DailyNewsLive 2day with @RyanAsselta. @MMehtaNYDN joins to discuss his article that #Rex called untrue. #jets

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This is somewhat related, but a bit more complicated:

A canary trap is a method for exposing an information leak by giving different versions of a sensitive document to each of several suspects and seeing which version gets leaked.

The term was coined by Tom Clancy in his novel Patriot Games, although Clancy did not invent the technique. The actual method (usually referred to as a Barium meal test in espionage circles)

More at the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_trap

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

if it is true that this guy is sellingout his head coach...good luck getting a job elsewhere. talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It's good for Rex to address these unsubstantiated claims made by unnamed sources... But Tebow was stupid to address stuff leaked by unnamed sources? Way to be consistent.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No matter who leaked what, this shit has been going on for too long now.

Rex is the Captain of this ship of fools and is ultimately responsible for the complete lack of unity and loyalty in the lockerroom.

Not exactly proving he is the leader of men.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm pretty sure I never said Tebow was stupid for addressing stuff leaked by anonymous sources. If I did, please show me where.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Here is what was posted on Twitter

Rex Ryan snapped back to his fiery self Friday during an emphatic denial of a Daily News report that he has intimated to people that he’d be better off getting fired if owner Woody Johnson isn’t willing to invest in revamping the Jets’ anemic offense.

The head coach said that he was “mad as a hornet” about the report and reached out to Johnson and addressed players before practice.

MYERS: WOODY NEEDS TO KEEP REX

Sources told The News this week that Ryan, who has two years and more than $6 million remaining on his contract, wouldn’t resign his position if Johnson didn’t make sufficient changes to re-tool one of the least productive offenses in the league this season. Ryan confirmed during his press conference Friday that he wasn’t interested in quitting.

The News also reported that one of Ryan’s suggestions to Johnson would almost certainly be to replace offensive coordinator Tony Sparano. Asked whether Sparano would be back next season, Ryan said Friday, “To be honest, it’s an organizational policy. We don’t talk about anybody’s situation.” He also said that he hadn’t spoken to Sparano about the report.

Ryan spoke to The News on Thursday, fully aware that the conversation was off the record and therefore not to be reported. On Friday, however, Ryan told the media that The News chose to leave his comments out of the story.

The head coach said during his Friday press conference that he was “100%” committed to the Jets.

“The fact is — and it’s simple — this is the only team that I want to coach. Period,” Ryan said. “I think anybody that knows me knows that I’m telling you the truth. Has it been perfect? No. Would I like this player or that player? Of course. Anybody would.”

Ryan still doesn’t definitively know whether Johnson will retain him for next season, but it’s unlikely that the owner would fire him.

“I want to be the Jets head coach for the next 15 years,” Ryan said. “And there are probably a lot of fans out there that hope that that isn’t the case. But you know what? I’m just telling you from my heart, this is the job I’ve always wanted and that’s it.”

Ryan and Johnson haven’t discussed buying the coach out of the final two years of his deal, according to sources. However, coming to a financial settlement with his coach if there’s a philosophical divide might be a scenario that benefits Johnson.

“I called Mr. Johnson as soon as I read the article and let him know that that absolutely 100% is not my intention,” Ryan said. “No way in heck. I’m not putting an ultimatum to this man that hired me. No chance. This is his football team. . . . At the end of the day, it’s only one man’s team. It’s Mr. Johnson’s team. I feel honored that he hired me to do a job.”

An emotional Ryan reaffirmed his commitment to the team in a morning meeting with players.

“He was kind of upset,” safety Yeremiah Bell said. “What I can say is that he’s all in here, so where that came from I have no idea. . . . He wasn’t real happy about it.”

Despite Gang Green’s struggles in the past two seasons, Ryan maintained that he’s “proud to be a Jet” and “(didn’t) want to coach anywhere else.”

“This season’s been a rough one. No question,” Ryan said. “But again, this is my team. That’s how I approach it. I believe that we will get back. . . . I believe that we can accomplish what I set out to do when I took the job. And that’s the truth. This is the only place that I want to coach. Period.”

Although Ryan said that he wouldn’t be interested in coaching another team, he would be an attractive head coaching candidate for several jobs that are expected to become available next week.

“The premise that I’d rather go somewhere else to coach somebody else’s football team? No way,” Ryan said. “That’s not it. This is my team. I’d rather coach my players and coach my team. New England Patriots or anybody else? I don’t care.
    . . . I want this team. My team.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...hornet-report-article-1.1228926#ixzz2GRmfMeH2

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Listen if Rex cared about winning, being the head coach here, and doing the right thing he would have benched Mark earlier in the year. Rex sabotaged the season. Someone just called him out on it.

15. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

The best analogy I can think of is if Rex was a money manager. You give him your life savings, he intern puts all of it in one stock (Sanchez) at first it does well and then it starts to tank. Instead of selling some of the stock, taking a loss and diversifying the portfolio (finding a legitimate back up QB to compete against Sanchez), Rex doubles down and buys more of that single stock because in his mind it can't keep going down (signing Sanchez to a big extension). Guess what the stock continues to tank and now its lost more than half its value. What is he supposed to do? He can't tell you he has lost most of your money. Only thing to do is keep riding it out and hope that stock recovers. This isn't about him believing in Sanchez it's about Rex painting himself into a corner with no place to go.

With Rex it's more about himself than it is about Sanchez or the team. He has to prove he is a great coach and the best way to do that is build up Sanchez and make him a success no matter what. Rex has laid out in his mind the only option is to prove he can make Mark into a franchise QB.

#75 Jon_Snow, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  16. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Not dumb at all. We all know the game doesn't mean shit. We all know only 1 team MAY want Tebow. By starting Sanchez and if he his a great game Sanchez trade value may go up. If he doesn't then his trade value if he has any stays the same.

17. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because after the buttfumble and 4 years of tape showing Sancho to be the absolute gutter trash that he is, a 2 TD game against the powerhouse Buffalo Bills D is gonna really knock the socks off GMs around the league.

This fan base has battered women's syndrome. Keep getting abused and fed more lies, and keep begging and coming back for more....

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Good analogy

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The stock market? No, here's my analogy: This season is like the woman/alien thing that's been experimented on in the 4th Alien movie that Ripley finds halfway through the movie. Its horribly deformed and has an incision in it chest that looks like its hearts been ripped out. Its begging Ripley to kill it. Poor thing, obviously its whole existence has been nothing but suffering. So what does Ripley do? Put a bullet in its head and put a swift end to the suffering ? No, she takes a fucking flamethrower and torturously burns it to a death.

#79 74, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  20. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

You mean TWO years of bad tape. He was actually outstanding in his first two years!