Do you think the media is trying to undermine the New York Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Would Manish and the NYDN be happy if RR was fired? Absolutely, because then this hack could write a big story arguing that the 'Rex wants to quit' story was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Manish would LOVE to see Rex fall.

BTW, this ass clown didn't show today to face the music. Hack.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It really wouldn't be in their best interest to push Rex out of town. He makes their jobs very, very easy. I mean, remember Mangini?

That said, I really wonder about Manish. I stopped listening to him a while ago because he seems more like the Sun than the Daily News.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah i think the new york jets beat writers would be very sad to see rex go. imagine them going from rex back to a guy like mangina...

its been so fucking constant this year, its like every 2 days that there is SOMETHING new going on or something old that just got brought out. god i thought this week would be quiet until the storm comes next week and then the whole mcelroy all of a sudden has a concussion and the cheeseman is going to start story comes out...

followed by yesterdays stuff and then todays. its just never ending. this week wasnt odd it was typical.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the new york press believes it is their job to run a coach out of town as soon as things look bad. they dubbed mangini "mangenius" then killed him for not giving them anything in the pressers. they loved rex for his quotes and now kill him for talking to much.

they beleive they should make the news more than report it

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I personally don't think they've 'actively' sought attention, other than the obvious Tebow move which was so obviously designed just for that purpose.

I think, instead, that the atmosphere that Rex has created where players speak their minds automatically leads to such things. Bart Scott ripping the fans, the offensive line coach blaming his superiors for who he starts or doesn't start, all the anonymous stuff from the locker room, a lot of which is true - it just seems that everyone does whatever they want with no consequences. And that will lead to attention, especially when things fall part like they did this year. And even moreso after the jets and Rex ran their mouths so badly for three years for practically no reason.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Jets call a lot of attention on themselves, but at the same time the media doesn't treat them fairly. I understand not giving the Jets the benefit of the doubt as they haven't earned it, but still the media comes off as biased against the Jets.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You're right about that. I think it's that the Jets are a very easy target at this point in time. The media are jackals, they don't have any loyalty and certainly aren't going to give the Jets a break when they are easy headlines.

8. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

Mehta should be washing elephants in bangalore!

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Look at Cimini. Look at the Post. Look at Manish. All the drama sells papers and when there is no drama, they create it. The NY media is a toxic waste dump.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think we already have a Snooki in Sanchez.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This. After last season ended with a fractured locker room, the Jets needed to concentrate on football and stay out of the limelight. Instead, they trade for the player who gets the most media attention and is the most controversial and divisive player (not of his own doing) in the NFL. Once camp opened with ESPN and the NFL network parked at Cortland to give minute-by-minute reports of a manufactured QB competition, perception became reality and the Jets season was doomed. This should have been an offseason to rebuild the roster, rebuild team unity, and to give Sanchez the best opportunity to improve and justify the Jets investment. Instead, the offseason became Tebow, no RT help, no WR help, no RB help and more Tebow.

All we heard throughout July and August was predictions on when Tebow would overtake Sanchez. When the offense struggled in preseason, it presaged the struggles during the season and ignited more Tebow talk.

Sanchez never had a chance to succeed. How would you like the national media - not just the NY media - but every football media outlet analyzing your every move and hoping for your replacement? Nobody succeeds under that type of scrutiny. Throw in the split reps throughout training camp, the ridiculous lack of skill players, the lack of RBs who can catch passes, and the loss of his favorite received and security blanket in Keller, and the injury to Holmes and how did anyone think this season would turn out differently?

Sanchez was forced to try to make plays for this team to make first downs, let alone score. He was forced to force the ball or the Jets would lose. And all of this has, IMO, ruined him for good. His confidence is shot, his decision making has taken a nose dive, his pocket presence has never been the same after he got the crap beat out of him last season starting with the Baltimore game.

And now the Jets are left with this mess. It all started this season with Tebow. He was the absolute wrong player for this team at the absolute wrong time. There is no team in the NFL that he was a worse fit for than the Jets. Congrats to Woody and Tanny and any member of the CS that supported this move. It will take this franchise years to recover from the mess this acquisition created and the confirmation that this team is a circus that the media gladly took as a gift and ran with this year.

12. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

Could not agree more..

13. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

The media only gives us what we consume. Like McDonalds - ever see one go out of business? It's because they've sold billions and billions.
    Just like the public likes crap stories and gossip from players in the locker room who are afraid to put their name on it (AKA 'sources') .

14. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Spot on.
    I don't blame the media, they are doing what they always do. Loose organization with anonymous staff and players airing dirty laundry and weekly drama is what feeds the media. If the Jets ran a normal organization you wouldn't be getting all this crap in the media.

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I think he did do an interview on SNY, I only saw the clip where Jeane Coakley asked why he didn't print Rex's denial and he said that the whole conversation was off the record, and he was 'dissapointed' part of it went on the record. So Rex wants a flat denial to be off the record? :rofl:

This guy's seriously going to get himself the Richard Todd-Steve Serby treatment one of these days. You can't be 'that' antagonistic and not eventually face consequences.

16. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

ESPN just named the Jets the worst NFL team of 2012. Behind JAX. The team deserves it though Rex used to talk so much trash when we were winning and now its coming back to haunt him when he loses.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This post sums it up men.:up:

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes U got it blame the media not WJ, MT, RR & his coaching staff & most of all the players for the 2012 shit season they gave us. Hope U posted this as a joke or yourself IMHO is just as silly as the thread U created :sad:

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

^Newsflash C69 - this thread is about the media - so is it okay w/you if we discuss the media in this thread or do you need to turn every single thread on the board into a forum for you to post on and on about how much you dislike the team, the coaches, the front office and the owner???

cimini and mehta are hacks who can't write and exist to spread unsubstantiated rumors from unnamed sourced through fake twitter accounts.

Having worked in the media, here is a simple rule: if somebody refuses to identify the source of the information there is a 50% chance its 100% bullshit and there is a 100% chance that its at least 50% bullshit.

Most people don't understand this and the peeps love gossip and rumors - which is really all hacks like cimini are putting out there.

#39 AbdulSalam, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

ESPN had an agenda this year, which was to get Tim Tebow behind center for the Jets and follow either their miraculous run to the Super Bowl or the likely train wreck that ensued.

The Jets chose not to play into that agenda and ESPN's coverage has been very hostile since it was clear that this was what was happening.

It's a bit bewildering, since I think ESPN lost a huge amount of credibility with approximately half the fans in the largest media market but I guess it is what it is.

I'll never watch ESPN for information again. The ALL-Tebow, ALL-the-time agenda that they had exposed them in my eyes as the sports equivalent of the National Enquirer. Occasionally worth a look for a particularly outrageous cover lie but not worth anything at all from a sports journalism perspective.