Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Great receivers can only make lousy QBs slightly better. Just look at Arizona with Fitz.

Great QBs can make good receivers look like Hall of Famers. Look at anyone who has played with Brady, Manning, Manning, or Rodgers.

Great QBs with great receivers can be downright magical. Peyton and Harrison. Peyton and Wayne. Montana and Rice. Young and Rice. Moon and Moss. Warner and Fitz. Warner and Bouldin.

If you give Mark Sanchez a great WR corps, he'll still be a sub par QB, just as he has always been. That's unless Mark actually steps up his game and improves in a number of areas. Just surrounding him with tons of talent isn't going to do it.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

very good against detroit? and good against cleveland?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301107008

just look at the first line of this article and we can stop talking about very good, he was decent at best and yes led a comeback but he also put the team in a position to need to come back.

ill get to cleveland in a second but i vividly remember this game thinking jesus this guy is terrible.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was great against Buf, bad against Pitt, brought us back at Miami then bad against SF so there was good and bad and he was w/o keller at that time too.

sometimes you get blindsided and fumble, some of the funbles were his fault but not all. That is an issue he needs to work on.

4. nyjunc

looking at boxscores again, huh?

we missed 3 FGs at Cle, we controlled the ball all 2nd half(and remember Cle had just beaten NO AND NE pretty badly) and gave our TD a TD lead in the final minutes which they couldn't protect against Colt McCoy.

at det we were down 10 pts late, he led us back(despite getting screwed by the clock) then on the first possession of OT led us to the chip FG.

5. nyjunc

Peyton has had elite wweapons his entire career
    Eli has elite weapons and STILL can't make the playoffs
    Rodgers has elite weapons

Brady is the only guy who has succeeded w/o elite weapons for the majority of his career and now he has 2 great Tes and an excellent slot guy.

Give any of those QBs what mark had to work w/ this year and some would lead us to more wins(Brady, Peyton) but none would look great.

6. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

MArk had a promising season in 2010...overall his numbers were average(below average considering what the rest of the league was doing)

We expected to him to build on that year and he's crashed and burned. There's no reason to believe he can fix it.

This isnt being hyperbolic....this is literally some of the worst QB play in league history this season.

How does one watch the Titans game and believe this kid can turn it around? Its over. Rex tied himself to him and it should be over for him too.

Luckily Tannenbaum is out the door.

7. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

No ones denying the Jets skill position players stink. Correct me if im wrong but you defend the guy who's put these guys on the roster.

The thing that has nothing to do with weapons is Mark's turnovers which have been dreadful. 50 turnovers in two years is out of football and never allowed back in bad.

Sanchez was drafted top 5 and we'd be lucky for someone to even put him on another roster. He has ZERO value.

8. alleycat9

stats dont matter bro

9. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Trip,
    Give up...junc lives in the past. He cant see what Sanchez has done the last 2 years! The real treat comes next Monday if you win:grin:

10. alleycat9

i can remember watching the detroit game thinking jesus this guy is terrible. i can also remember in cleveland for most of the game thinking ok that comeback was a fluke last week.

and yes i can remember praising him after cleveland for coming back and getting the win, i honestly thought because of how he kept on fighting that he may be ok.

ill have to go back and watch the cleveland game though because i feel like it was painful to watch.

11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

People are happy, because even after taking 11 sacks in that game Mcelroy's season long stats in his 1.5 games are *MUCH* better then Mark Sanchez's!

Sanchez is dog shit, period. I don't care why he's dog shit. I don't care if he is dog shit because he was mismanaged, I don't care if he is dog shit because he wasn't handled correctly, or if he is dog shit for any other reason. I don't care about Mark Sanchez, I care about the Jets. Over the last 4 years the guy has more turnovers then *ANY PLAYER IN FOOTBALL*. It's not the teams fault that the guy can't throw 3 yard passes to guys wide open. It's not the coaches fault, it's not the other player's fault, it's MARK SANCHEZ'S fault. It simply boggles the mind that people like you seem unable to grasp the concept that the offense can be bad *AND* Sanchez can be dog shit. It's not an either or.

If what you have seen out of Mark Sanchez over the last few years hasn't convinced you that he is utter dog shit, and doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL quarterback, nothing will. He could fumble 75 times next year, and you will find some way to blame the coach, the running back, or someone else on the team. Why can't you understand that an NFL team should not have to have a pro-bowl all-star at every offensive position just to make the QB look passable? Wake up man!

I'd be rooting for a career ending injury to Sanchez in Buffalo this week if Sanchez ever had a career, so I'm just rooting for an injury that insures he never plays QB again. This injury would be as much for Sanchez's good as the good of Jet fans - he would never have to embarrass himself or the Jets every again, and he could ride off into the sunset with his truck load of money.

#4831 Frenbar, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  12. nyjunc

we've had a ton of key injuries on O where we have barely seen anything out of our top 2 projected weapons in the pass game. The Gm gets some balme, i'm not going to go overboard b/c there's not much anyone can do in that situation.

Yep but when it was winning time what did he do?

13. alleycat9

he lost in the afc championship game.

there is no getting around the fact that he was still a bottom 10 qb in 2010. its just what it is. the fact that is his signature season is a shame and the fact that he is as bad as he is more than enough reason for him to be on the sideline charting plays next year and this week.

14. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

LOL I'd be lying if I didn't kind of feel the same way

15. feldspar

feldspar Member

ha, ha.

Blatant double-standard by nyjunc here. Stats tell the complete story when he wants them to.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Eli does not have elite weapons. He had an elite DL in his two big runs.

Peyton doesn't have elite weapons and hasn't had elite weapons in a while.

Rodgers doesn't have elite weapons now either. Heck, they didn't even have run game or defense last year.

Brady is the only one you could argue has an elite weapons now with Welker and Gronk and Hernandez, but Welker is partly if not mostly because of Brady.

The CLE game was also when he was like a magician with a porous OL. He was slipping and sliding away from potential sacks like Big Ben. He was doing it all game.

17. alleycat9

this is a portion of my annoyance with him. its just blatantly assinine.

18. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

PLEASE GOD ... 1 more butt fumble... I really don't want to win .. Or even mark to have a good game. I'm sorry, I bleed green, but I don't want any doubt that Sanchez must go. And if he kills is all the apologist will take arms.

God bless Tim Tebow
    And god bless Brandon mores butt

19. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

For all you know, Mark goes out there on Sunday, has a huge game against the Bills.... and then you will hear the Mark defenders again, and Rex will decide he's good enough to keep and you go into the 2013 season with Mark as QB all over again.

It could happen. Mark has good games against the Bills.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A good game against the Bills gives the Jets a small chance to off-load Sanchez next season in a trade, assuming they are willing to pick up most of his salary.

It might be the only way to avoid having Sanchez on the roster next year given his cap hit to cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.