2013 RB Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Jett

Jett Member

Agree with either of these. A backfield of Powell and Jones is pretty good 1-2 punch with Jones coming in on 3rd downs and 2nd and long situations. Could be heavily involved in a screen game. OR like laxin said and draft a guy. We seem to hit 'decently' on mid to late round running backs. I'd take a shot.

Although I do like the idea of having Jones.

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Kevin Smith and Deangello Williams are the two most interesting names to me.

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Slim and none that the Raiders would want our crap, an old guy and a 2nd round pick for Mcfadden. And Slim just said 'peace'.

4. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I'd say there's a higher chance considering that McFadden is injury prone and Marcel Reece has shown to be a good back when he was put in.

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Uhhhh

Sanchez and Pace have negative value

And McFadden is a beast

6. Jett

Jett Member

*when healthy

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm not saying they wouldn't look to deal him. But for Sanchez and Pace? The guy is a top 3 back 'when healthy' and yes, 'when healthy' comes with a lot of 'ifs'. Ther'es no doubt they can get more for McFadden than that, no doubt at all.

8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The 49ers 3rd down back. He reminds of a healthy Leon Washington. Can catch, block, & run.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Frank Gore is at the end of his ropes and will be 30 next year.

49ers arent letting any rbs of value go

10. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I'd go Wide Receiver before running back this year in free agency just because I'd rather develop a rb but I think Beanie Wells could tear it up on this team he's a pretty good talent with a few tough breaks.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If there's a stellar RB still on the board in the later rounds, of course Tanny will tab him.

With Greene, Powell, McKnight coming on late in the year, it won't be a high priority, especially with so many other legitimate holes. I'd rather see Tanny grab some quality o-line help than waste a pick on yet another RB.

12. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Not saying that the Raiders would even consider an offer like this, heck I wouldn't...but "top 3 back when healthy"? Tell that to the fantasy owners (myself included) who started him week after week only to see him average 3.3 YPC, all while completely healthy. Now there is something to be said about a poor supporting cast, but Adrian Peterson and Jamal Charles did far better w much less. I love McFadden, have since his days at Arkansas, but to call him a top 10 NFL back at this point is tough to do.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Mendenhall or Ivory would be cool. Or both.

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I am taking J Dwyer from Pitt.....kid can flat out play. He will be cheap and is a true power back.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He has had one year in 5 that he surpassed 650 yards rushing, Greene has averaged more yards per game, rushing and receiving, over his career. Mcfadden averages barely 2 yds more per game rushing than Greene and they are both around 4.3 yds per carry. Mcfadden can't stay healthy while Greene rarely misses any time.
    Mcfadden is hardly a top 3 back.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Obviously the most intriguing names on that list are Ivory, Bush and Mendenhall. I'd take either and be thrilled, with Ivory being the No.1 choice. It will be interesting to see what it will take to pry him away from New Orleans. I don't think it would take much more than four or five years and $15-20 million. I'm not a fan of signing an aging Bush, but I wouldn't hate it. Mendenhall on a cheap one or two-year deal would be ideal if Ivory becomes a pipe dream. After his season he (Mendenhall) isn't going to command big money.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Stepfan Taylor I desperately want on this team. Chris Ivory runs hard and he's got some acceleration. Taylor, Ivory and Powell (or Stephen-Howling taking screens to the house)? That's a beast line-up for RBs

18. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

What are the chances we actually give our running back whose averages 6.1 ypc and is our most explosive player a god damn chance next season? How Mcknight doesn't get utilized in the screen/passing game and get 7-10 carries a game is beyond me.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Though he does not help his cause with his fumbles, I do agree he needed more touches. I personally do not understand the coaching staffs' fascination with Powell. For the life of me I don't see why he gets more touches than McKnight. McKnight must be putting the churches money on the ground a lot in practice.

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Don't sleep on Kevin Smith as a 3rd down back ala Darren Sproles.