The Tannenbaum Thread (likely to "be relieved" Monday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

The back of Shane Vereen's jersey says hi

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This statement is so true, and so sad on many levels. He never should have been let go, he should have been re-signed this past offseason, and the guys that Tannenbaum did bring in here (other than Kerley) were a disaster.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Ted Ginn Jr. toasted Revis once too.

Scott had a pretty good year overall IMO - I thought he bounced back well from a down year in 2011. His strength obviously isn't in pass coverage.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-as-new-york-jets-savior?campaign=Twitter_atl

5. AlToon

AlToon Member

Parcells already hired the last 2 GMs. Little Bill recommended Mr.T to Bill who hired Mr. T. Then Tuna hired Bradway. Parcells has nothing to add. Who is he going to recommend? Jeff Ireland or his son in law. Please stop.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Each time something goes wrong he goes back to Parcells. Hey Woody try something new, you fucker. Take a plan over to Seattle or San Fran and inquire about one of those that wish to be GMs and have the credentials to do so.

7. islanderbill

islanderbill New Member

Tanny may be replaced soon? GOOD!

I have said this before but not here.....Get a FOOTBALL GUY in as General Manager and any move he makes is good with me.

Keep Sanchez, Dump Sanchez fine

Keep Rex, Dump Rex fine

As long as the football guy is making the decisions.

8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If Johnson is really serious about looking outside of the box, maybe he should consider looking at CEOS of successful companies. I hear that he's good friends with one who happens to be out of a job and looking for something to do.

[​IMG]

Seriously, though, Johnson really needs to rethink his business strategy and spend a week studying what successful sports franchises do. The constant faux-turnover/retention of poor managers thing must stop. The football talent level of the Jets' offense is somewhere below the writing talent of "Mob Doctor."

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Woody is making the decisions on who to fire and hire. that's problem # 1. Problem # 2, somewhere Parcells is lurking waiting for Woody to ask him his opinion. He's the guy that hired Mr. T, suggested Sprano to Rex and put together the Dolphins mess that's been getting better since he left. Just because we are getting rid of people does not mean its going to get better. Woody needs to go first.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We should outsource our entire Management team to the MIT engineering department. Woody should give them a grant to devise a computerized draft and an internet based coaching regime for the specific players at each position. Plays can be called by a secretary relaying the plays to the QB from the MIT computer.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

But Woody is making the decision on the GM or listening to someone else telling him who to hire so its gonna be bad decision. He's not his own man, he cares what people think. He's trophy wife probably has a say.

12. 101GangGreen101

It's way too early to start flipping tables at work!

You hit the nail on the head. When you inquire something from someone and that doesn't live up to the billing, you don't go back to the same person to get "something new", especially if it didn't work for you the past 2 times. Why go back to Parcells? Parcells is the man, but we need to look elsewhere. Parcells has been cooked since Dallas.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the difference between sending him off into the sunset and keeping him here is that the jets take a cap hit of 8.25 to stay and 17 to go. thats a pretty hefty hit. they could wait till june 1 and it would be 12.5 this year and 5 next but thats still a clusterfuck.

can anyone tell me the cap hit after next year? is he free and clear then? i doubt it but id love to know exactly how much it will still end up being after sitting with him next year.

i wouldnt go anywhere near johnny manziel with a 20 foot pole. while he was a dynamic playmaker this year i highly doubt he will become an nfl qb. i actually expect him to fall far far back down to earth this coming season at a&m.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You have next years schedule?

15. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

Think we play buffalo once, maybe twice. :cool:

Dont quote me on it

:rofl:

16. 101GangGreen101

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

18. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Biggs, crowd sourcing coaching isn't the worst idea I've heard.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yeah that's BRUTAL. Just about all of those teams will be as good or better than they were this year.

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Parcells was the greatest coach I ever saw, but his personnel decisions as a GM were never great. It's always been his weakness, I remember back in the Giants days even the word was that he wasn't as good with personnel as he was with coaching.

So, based on that memory and his recent history with Dallas and Miami as well as who he's recommended here, I have to say it's just like Woody to go back and ask for more help.