Joey Clinkscales for GM? Could happen.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

(Mods, I misspelled his name in the thread title. Pls correct).

Here's a guy I could see WJ reaching out to since he might be willing to come back with Tanny still on board.

Of course, he was around in FP as the Jet drafts took a nose dive over the past few years. :(

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/...and-raiders-front-office/?sQhue1JI30ajjP5Y.99

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Yeah, cos our drafts the last 4 years have all been outstanding......FFS Jets bring someone in from a successful program.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

A change would be good at GM. I'd like Bradway and his scouts terminated.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I hate to even suggest it but I think we should look to snag somebody from the Giants or Steelers. While both are down this year there obviously is a model of consistency among those teams. I'd pass on anybody from the Pats for the reason that none of the guys from there have any success away from there. No player, coach or GM.

5. NYJ55NJ

NYJ55NJ New Member

the team should honestly look into bringing back Mangini for scouting purposes.. I know it wouldn't be popular with the fans but the dude had an eye for talent aside from gholston

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

A big NO to Clinkscales or anyone from within--we need someone to fix this mess---if we want a bandaide hell Bradway is still on the payroll---ugh

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. I want a guy with no ties or links to the Jets organization.

8. TurkJetFan

I would be thrilled with this. He produced lots of talented players at the end of the day.

9. AlToon

AlToon Member

Look outside the organization.

10. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

What?

Why in the world would Eric Mangini want to be a scout for Woody?

11. TurkJetFan

I never said he would. All I said is I would be thrilled with it.

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Again, I wasn't suggesting I wanted this to happen. I don't know much about the guy. He was a finalist for the STL GM job and if WJ is absolutely committed to keeping Tanny in some capacity Clinkscales might be a guy who would tolerate that arrangement since he's worked with the Jets and Tanny previously.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It would be soooo Jets like to hire yet another coach or GM with absolutely no experience in the job they are being hired to do just so that they can keep the streak going.

14. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

From one dysfunctional place to another.

15. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I'd like for you guys to quickly look at the name Brian Gaine. Brian grew up in Pearl River, played for Don Bosco and played for the Jets practice squad. He learned under Parcells with the Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins...and is now the assistant GM with the Dolphins.

This is the perfect guy for us...He won't come in with a list of demands like a high profile GM, and could easily deal with our Tanny bullshit for 1 year. He would also work with Rex. We need a change from the outside...

16. 2insane

Why would we pick a candidate from the Dolphins? The only recent success that they had came from a gimmick offense,a Jets meltdown and a year when Brady went down.

17. TurkJetFan

I strongly believe the Jets need a proven guy with a long resume to come in and take the reigns here. We cannot afford inexperience coming in to try and dig us out of this mess. If this isn't handled correctly it could set this team back for years.

18. 2insane

I agree the Jets need a proven guy.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I like how everyone wants Tannenbaum fired, and wants a proven guy in the GM role.

Everyone who is a candidate is one of the following:
    1. Someone who has never been a GM.
    2. Someone who failed as a GM and was fired/forced to resign.
    3. Someone who retired on his own terms as GM and wants back in.
    4. Someone who is doing a good job at GM somewhere else and wants a change of scenery.

I doubt anyone from the 3rd category is coming in, and even if they were, that's not necessarily a good thing. The 4th category is a pipe dream.

So we're either getting an inexperienced GM or we're getting one who is experienced at not doing a good job. This "proven guy in this role" thing is a fairy tale and reflects the shortsightedness of some Jets fans who simply want people fired for the sake of firing them, then complain when there are no good candidates out there.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not too stuck on it being a proven guy (or a made man), I just want it to be someone fresh that has worked within a successful organization and can hopefully bring some of those traits and approaches to the Jets and that also has no loyalties or ties to the people here so that each can be judged objectively and not with a load of baggage.