Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

wow, haters all over huh. Tebow was screwed by the Jets. Sanchez is the worst starter in the NFL and they only let Tebow run an inept up the gut wildcat. He's no superstar, but to pass him over for the 3rd string dude is messed up.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Funny how the Jets wildcat was suddenly working well without Tebow running it. Maybe if Tebow didn't suck so bad in practice the Jets would have let him play QB. Nah, must be the Jets just treating him unfairly.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

GOOD RIDDANCE

Loser. Fraud. Clown.

The Jets should've never acquired him. But his actions are petty.

The Jets rarely played you because you just aren't that good!

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S2

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Good-bye you talent-less clown

5. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

I don't blame Tebow for not wanting to play.

I don't want him to play either.

Sent from my LG-P999

6. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Why would he want to play for that shitty team now???? So he can get hurt

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it was moved already...

#167 alleycat9, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Because they are paying his salary!

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha it happened to me again! i swear i opened this in the main forum and now im am in the abyss of the tebowmania forum.....

well played

10. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

As I remember it, the "wildcat" is a play where someone OTHER than the quarterback takes a direct snap. It is done so to confuse the defense. If Tebow is a QB then how does that confuse the defense. It was always an idiotically designed play with Tebow taking the snap. Come to think of it, all of the half dozen plays they allowed him to play were predictable. The defense knew who was getting the ball. Unlike Sanchez, they didn't have to color code the plays, how did that work out for the butt fumble king? Fast forward to yesterday and who would have thought that Kerley, a WR would pass the ball. SOB a play designed as it was supposed to be rather than putting a QB in to run a wildcat. Add to that, the fact that the Jets had Tim bulk up by 30 lbs. to be a blocker and you effectively hamstrung him as a runner. You try running around with the equivalent of two bowling balls in your pocket and see how well you do. You would suck as well.

11. danangmarine68

You cannot mention the Unmentionable One over there, you should know that by now. :grin: I firmly believe that they have a script running which counts the number of times his name is mentioned and when it hits the limit the thread gets transferred.

#171 danangmarine68, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No doubt I would be much worse than even Tebow without bowling balls.

But I'm not surprised you blamed everyone else for Tebow sucking. Not surprised at all.

13. danangmarine68

How do you equate him complying to whatever was asked of him by the coaching staff, however illogic, it was as blaming everyone else? I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed man here.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you didn't just blame the coaching staff for using "idiotically designed plays"? You didn't blame the Jets for asking him to bulk up? I must have just imagined those things as I was punch drunk with the high quantity of "wit" in your post.

:rolleyes:

Tebow blows and it ain't the Jets fault.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

He's getting paid $2 million to do whatever the team and coaching staff needs. Up until last week, he'd been a good soldier, even though many would say he hasn't been used effectively or given his shot.

If it's true that he quit the Tebow package upon not being named starter last week, he will be really lucky to get another legitimate shot in the NFL. Deciding when and where to play is not his call. It's the coaching staff's, no matter how stupid or inept they may be.

16. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Maybe Tebow realized that the best way to help the team win was to not play at all.

17. Itsjustme

Itsjustme Member

There were 2.5 million reasons for Tebow to suck it up 2 more weeks, and continue to pretend to be a team player. He didn't. His reputation should take a hit for that - he quit on them. Football is the epitome of a team sport, and he put himself before the team. Whether you applaud him or dislike the move, it ultimately doesn't matter, because there are 1600+ NFL players who saw his selfishness - and that DOES matter - when you're a niche player, that is not a good thing.

Since it was reported that Kerley had practice reps, obviously the story has some truth to it - and Kerley racked up more completion yards with 1 pass than Tebow had all year. Because of this latest firestorm, that'll be noticed, too.

Maybe the Jets did misuse Tebow this season. And until yesterday, I had sympathy for him. But, you don't act like that much of a spoiled brat and quit on your team. The reality is he's one of a bunch of guys passing through the league whose future success or failure has not been written yet, and this is some negative baggage that he will have to carry with him wherever he goes, and depending on future results, for an indeterminate amount of time. With out young QB's out there, floating from team to team, and not refusing to play, no matter how angry they are about a real or perceived wrong, it makes him a harder sell.

So, Mr. Tebow, if you don't want to play, don't play. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, and enjoy the bench in Jacksonville - IF they even want to sign you now....

18. jack handy

jack handy Member

to all of the posters strongly believe that he should just play because he is paid or a professional..... Do any of you think that:

• the Jets will keep him next year?
    • he will play enough downs this year to change the perspective of people that are going to hire him on a different team?

If No then what actions would you suggest he take?

19. jack handy

jack handy Member

forgot one

he can help the Jets make the playoffs this year?

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

HAHA! :rofl: That's something most of us realized a long time ago