Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Lol joe flacco

2. lakersmetsjets49ers

Stopped reading once I seen the part that said the team would be 10-6 with flacco as qb.

3. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Not a Sanchez apologists, but thought I'd weigh in. The jets 8 losses: 2 to patriots, at pitt, SF, Hou, Mia, at Sea, at Tenn

Of these there are 3 games I could see a Peyton Manning winning, first pats game, hou, and Tenn. Manning would have won all of them, Flacco none...in fact, I actually believe we'd be worse if we had Flacco.

4. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

But Flacco is elite

5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Why? With our ridiculously easy schedule 10 wins should've been basically a given. Even with Sanchez's horrific play we should be 7-7 or 8-6 right now with SD and Buffalo coming up.

You need to look at how easy our schedule was, I mean it almost took work to not get 9 wins. We needed buttfumbles, bad snaps, dropped passes right in the chest (Hill), ridiculous plays I've never seen happen before to not be a 9 win team.

#4605 dr.velociraptor, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Who said Flacco is elite? Jesus Christ some you guys need reading comprehension skills.

Talking about Flacco was basically saying if we had a poor QB just not historicaly bad and worst in the NFL we're in the playoffs this year. It was a knock on Sanchez more than any vote of confidence for Flacco.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nothing but an elite QB would have been able to carry this team as it was constructed and with the injuries that occurred.

It's nice to think that we're just one position, the QB, away from being a good team. However the last real playmaker drafted by the Jets on the offensive side of the ball was Jerrico Cotchery in 2004. That's a long time ago.

8. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Br4dw4y5ux, unless you want to claim that opposing teams played down to our mediocrity, and that they would have played better had we done so as well, even a marginally competent QB could have had us at 10-4.

In the first game against the Pats and the game against the Texans, Sanchez didn't do anything spectacular, yet at the end of the game, we had the ball in our hands with a chance to score a TD for the win, and Sanchez gave the ball away both times.

Against Seattle, we were driving down for a TD that would have been a big momentum gainer and would have given us the lead at 14-7, and Sanchez throws an INT.

Lastly, the Tenn game. No need to even describe that one.

That's 4 games easily identifiable at first glance, without even taking a closer look to see how Mark's awful play might have cost us other games as well (such as the game against Pitt and Miami.)

9. Br4d

The only teams that have allowed 2,000 yards rushing recently and still made the playoffs were mediocre teams that just squeaked in and teams led by great QB's.

Since we obviously don't have a great QB I think it is reasonable to assume that we'd have been a mediocre team that just squeaked in with a better QB who was not great.

Could Denver have gone 10-4 through 14 games last year with an average QB instead of Tim Tebow? Think about it. Yeah they obviously could have done that with Peyton Manning.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

MIA, SEA, TN. Those are the three games I say they win with a better QB, maybe...possibly HOU, but the rest is a crap shoot. Teams' gameplanning/playcalling wouldn't be the same if they new they had someone to fear across the sidelines.

11. Demosthenes9

No, I don't think Denver could have gone 10-4 through 14 games with an "avg" QB, with a good one, yes. With Peyton, definitely.

Difference is, for the most part, Tebow didn't lose the games, which is something that Sanchez has done. Tebow had 6 game winning, come from behind drives iirc. Sanchez had drives like that in the past, but this year, when push came to shove and he had the chance to go down and win the game, he farked it up and folded like a cheap suit.

Again, against the Texans, down by 6, just under 2 mins left, ball on the Jets 40 yard line, Sanchez took a sack then threw an INT to end the chance.

Against the Pats, down by 3 in OT. Ball on the Jets 40 yard line with plenty of time, Sanchez with a sack/fumble to end the game.

As with the Tenn and Seattle games, these games were close and winnable, without any kind of heroic or stellar effort by Sanchez. An avg QB could have had us in the same positions at the end of those games, and they probably would have come away with victories in each.

12. Br4d

Tebow definitely lost games for the Broncos last year. The 7-3 loss to the Chiefs was ALL him. He just blew chunks the whole game and the Broncos could not score.

Not turning the ball over is important. Completing passes and making yards on passing plays is just as important.

There were other losses on Tebow last year also at the end but the Chiefs game is just a glaring example that even the biggest Tebow fan cannot ignore.

13. Demosthenes9

yeah, the Chiefs loss is on him. Only other game that you might put on Tebow would be the Bills game, but that one is questionable.

That said, as I pointed out, Tebow had 6 4th Q comebacks / Game winning drives last year. When Sanchez was in that position this year, he folded like a cheap suit.

Anyways, this isn't a Mark V. Tebow argument as there are enough threads for that already.

I stand by my point, which echoed the thoughts of others, that a competent QB could have had us at 10 wins right now.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Sanchez had plenty of game winners in 2010. It doesn't matter. Tebow sucks ass and so does Sanchez. Lets get a QB who can win us games and not just prevent us from losing most of them. 4th quarter comebacks make for good ratings but when you are literally the worst QB in football for the first 3 quarters then who cares. If Tebow even resembled a decent QB he wouldn't be cut in the offseason by the team that had one of the worst starting QBs all year.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There's only a couple people who still want Sanchez starting. Junc and Hobbes I believe although I may be misinterpreting their takes.

16. Demosthenes9

Three points. First, I did say that Mark had done better in the past. Second, I'm not the one who made this about Tebow and actually, I tried to steer it back on topic. Third, you know the main reason why Rex's decision doesn't bother me a bit ? It's because, after following the team closely this year, I'm convinced that almost none of the coaches on the coaching staff have a clue when it comes to player evaluation.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We would have found another way to lose.

C'mon...we're the Jets.

18. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I was going to try and challenge this statement but then I remembered who our offensive coordinator is.

19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

8 moves to bring us back!

1. Send Sanchez back to Pete Carroll and the Seahawks for Matt Flynn

2. Hire Norv Turner as OC

3. Trade for the unhappy MJD or CJ2K

4. Let Greene go and sign Mendenhall to back up either MJD or CJ2K

5. Draft Manti Teo with 1st round pick (trade up if necessary)

6. Sign BOTH Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings

7. Release Holmes, Tebow, Scott

8. Sign Osi Umenyiora

#4619 Rockinz, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You left off convince the NFL to raise the salary cap to 200 mill.

Now get back to your madden game where stuff like this can actually happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.