Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Cman = only black man who likes snow

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Very funny jon...Cman is a real snow lover thats for sure.

Not much has changed....Sat night a light mix of rain and snow...then, light rain Sunday. A slightly stronger storm Monday/ Tuesday..again..mostly rain.

Then Wednesday...an even stronger storm that could be a mix...or just rain...and then next weekend an even stronger storm that could be snow...but as events get closer the lack of real true cold air has changed the forecasts to mostly rain..so we shall see.

The bottom line is, as I mentioned before, with this train of storms coming through...not until the first storm gets going tomorrow night will the models truly pick up on whats going to happen the rest of the week. I expect by tomorrow night after midnight, when all the models come in, we will know what these storms will actually do.

Wouldnt surprise me in the least if one of these ends up being a decent snow dump...I will update tomorrow night around 1am.

3. jaywayne12

Ok...if you read back to page 93...a little tooting of the horn shows you that when I REALLY like something..I go out on a limb.

This pattern we are in now is the beginning of a major change. While I thought there was a chance for this next weeks storms it quickly showed too warm.

With that said..Im going out on the first limb of the season. A day or two after Christmas...if luck enough...late Christmas night...a huge snow storm will happen.

There. ( I actually made myself chuckle) but Im sticking with it...after that storm...below normal temps and above normal precip for the rest of December until almost the end of January.

4. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Enjoying a tropical deluge in singapore at the moment

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay ,,,I will wait for further updates until I gas up the snow blower,,,,but I am ready when u are :grin:

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You should have saw me on the ski slopes when I was younger.. Had the best falling down technique you ever saw.. :grin:

7. jonnyd

hahah I think I learned the same technique

8. jaywayne12

Yes...wait...lol...this is going to be a tough winter to forecast. Still looking like a major storm for someone right after Christmas..but for others..huge rain storm.

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I'm getting sick of all this rainy weather Jay... I still haven't used that snowblower I bought last year. Snow would be a welcome change. I'm moving to PA most likely, maybe even as early as Feb. Still house hunting. Gimme that snow baby! Fock LI and LIPA!

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

Where is the snow man?

My kids want snow in Christmas. Make it happen please :)

11. jaywayne12

Its coming Tbird...its coming. If you look back in this thread I mentioned the 15th as a chance for a storm..well that storm is bearing down on the midwest now and they will get clobbered.

Its coming..the trend will begin to shift in the next 7 days.

12. jaywayne12

Sorry Brook...crazy time of the year. Here is an update and its a real busy one.

First off we have a pretty powerful storm coming through this Friday but it will be mostly rain. Now..it could start as snow and some areas could get a dusting to as much as 2 inches before we see heavy rain during Friday...so close..very close..but no cigar. It could be followed by snow showers on Friday night and Saturday. This storm will produce very windy conditions overnight Thursday and Friday with a possible wind advisory for late Thursday night.

After this storm comes through it turns very cold.

Then Christmas Eve night looks interesting for not a big storm..but a possible quick hit with perhaps an inch or 2 overnight which could be cool.

Then THE CHANCE that winter kicks in a couple days after Christmas...with a very significant storm but again...rain or snow? Very very very close call..if its snow..it could be a great hit.

Then all signs point to a very significant New Years Day storm...its possible but again...where does it track?

So..its starting to get busy!

#2552 jaywayne12, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  13. jaywayne12

December 26th and 27th continue to be the best chances we have had of a nice snow storm for quite a bit.

Latest models show a true noreaster...but the track will play a very important part here.

And again...keep an eye on New Years Day on or around...24 hours either way. That storm could also be a biggie for the NYC metro area.

14. jaywayne12

Todays models agree on a couple things...but still...a ways out.

1. Christmas Eve will have an Alberta Clipper storm come through and might..might whiten the ground for Christmas day for an official white christmas.

2. The storm for the 26th and 27th continues to show in a big way..again..rain or snow.. I would lean towards snow west of NYC at least..and some people in Central..Eastern PA might get over a foot...and that number might slide to the east in to Jersey.

3. The storm for New Years Day is still showing up big time..but for the day after..the 2nd.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Man, We just got a crazy amont of wind gusts and it started pouring...wrf...

in NNJ

16. jonnyd

It is a MISERABLE scene here too....PURINGrain and 60 MPH winds. Suicidal over here.ugggg

17. jaywayne12

That was a hell of a storm..down trees by me too..hey Jon...if you read above..I did mention it...you must read through these posts to protect yourself buddy:

Post 2552
    It could be followed by snow showers on Friday night and Saturday. This storm will produce very windy conditions overnight Thursday and Friday with a possible wind advisory for late Thursday night.

After this storm comes through it turns very cold.

I never point things out like that..right or wrong..but cant y help it with Jon.

Ok...here we go...its about to get very interesting over the next 30 days.

Storm for the 26th and 27 is on and someone from central PA, or all, could get over 8 inches. That will iron itself out by Sunday night.

The storm for New Years day on or about is still on..and looks like a huge hit.

And then the gravy train continues..with storm after storm every 4-7 days. Plenty of cold air in place and the big question will not be snow or rain but does the storm get north enough into the NYC metro area with all of that cold air.

More updates tonite.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

My flights ended up going good yesterday... apparently I sneaked into and out of Chicago as the storm was converging on the city. Bit of a bumpy ride, but we had no delays. Enjoying the sunshine in Houston today! :)

19. jaywayne12

Wtg Jetzz...Houston? Love that state.

Wanted to add another thing that is pretty important. Models show a band of snow setting up off a clipper type storm the runs through the state of P.A. and then through NJ. Not much to the north or south but that will be watched.

Bottom line? This happens on Christmas Eve and Christmas..so many will get their white Christmas after all. Possible 2-4..perhaps 3-6 inch event.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

flying out tonight to Turkey then to India...hopefully the weather is better in that direction