Tebow's New Destination

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JetsDfc, Dec 19, 2012.

1. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I want to start off by saying I wish Tebow would have succeeded here and that the Jets with him at the helm could have won tons of games together. I used to like rex a lot before this season and am a fan of quite a few jets now.

Unfortunately things did not work out that way and it looks like Tim is on his way out.

So fellow TGG posters pls post

1. Where do you think Tebow will go and why?

2. Where do you wish he could go and why?

p.s shout out to all the Pro AND anti tebow guys on this forum. We all seem to argue a lot, but we wouldn't come back and keep posting if we didn't enjoy it. We don't agree on much, but I think we can all agree that we have all had at least a little fun together, even if it was at each others expense :).

#1 JetsDfc, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

1. I think he will either end up in Jax since there is vacancy there, the owner wants him and the whole hometown stuff or in the CFL since he wants to start.

2a. I hope He goes to Jax, because that is where we have the best chance of seeing him start in the nfl.

2b.If not Jax send him to the Steelers to learn behind Big Ben for a yr or two and take over for him once Ben is out of gas which might be soon. Both like to extend plays so the pitts offense is used to it. Ben is better at passing, but Tim has the edge in running. Pitt always has an above average defense to help the Tebow system. Big Ben also gets hurt at least once a season, so Tim will have a couple chances to start while he waits.

#2 JetsDfc, Dec 19, 2012
  3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I've been saying this ever since Peyton Manning first landed at DIA to talk to Elway. Pitt would be the perfect place. No QB controversy, and a QB who's skill set matches what Tebow's needs to become for him to succeed.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Tebow wants to play QB above all else and he wants to play full time next year. I think he wants that more than he wants to be in the NFL.

I think he winds up with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers next year as the starting QB.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I hope he goes to SF or WAS. Probably won't start, but could be the best thing for his career.

I think he ends up going to JAX and and his career tapers off.

6. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Though I wouldn't be a big fan, I can see the Pats picking him up. They'd put him to good use and there would be NO qb controversy. They're one of the few teams that could take him in without the circus.

Edit: and by circus I don't mean as in us fans, specifically the ones on this board... I'm talking about the media driven circus. We'll still be on the Pats forum annoying that fanbase too :)

7. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I'll be very, very surprised if he's in the CFL next year.

My best guess is Jacksonville, and I'd say that's a darn good bet, especially now that they've got to be thinking that this Gabbert thing isn't really working out and Henne is who we knew Henne was from his time in Miami, nothing special.

Shahid Khan, owner of the Jaguars, said after he bought the team that he 100% would have drafted Tebow. He chose not to overrule his idiot GM Gene Smith this year when Tebow was available, but Gene Smith will be looking for work here in a few weeks, and I'd be very, very surprised if Khan doesn't take the plunge and bring Tebow to Jacksonville and build the team around his offensive strengths. This makes by far the most logical sense, Tebow being a hometown boy and all. I don't care if Jacksonville is full of Seminoles and Dawgs fans, there's an awful lot of Tebow fans everywhere, especially in his hometown.

8. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Yup if everything worked out ideally they would have Big Ben #2 except this one would bring a positive image to the franchise and would run over the occasional Db for a first down.

#8 JetsDfc, Dec 19, 2012
  9. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I hope your right man, I live in Florida and would prob go to a game or two.

At the worst case scenario, UF alum would fill up the stadium, they drive to Gainesvillle all the time for the gator games.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'm expecting Tebow to Jags for a 5th rounder.

11. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Montreal Alouettes

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i am hoping jacksonville.they are the only ones who might give us a draft pick

13. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

The jags perfect place

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

well the Montreal allouettes took his signing rights away this year in the spring..(the patriots of the CFL) they are QB'ed by a retiring 40 year old who is the all time leader in passing in the CFL. They are coahced by marc Trestman his personal QB coach.

maybe you should research it more. :wink:

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I hope not the Jags. I don't like the Jags. I don't even feel like wishing the Jags well. If Tebow went to the Jags, my fandom would be caught in a paradox -- like a piece of jelly toast strapped to the back of a cat. You drop the cat, which side will hit the floor? The jelly side or the cat's feet?

16. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

You just invented a perpetual motion machine.:)

17. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

You guys realize that the CFL has a bigger field and is twice as pass-heavy than the NFL right?

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The Jaguars are the ideal fit for Tebow. Always have been. Hope he ends up there and finds success, considering we did him dirty this entire season.

19. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Minnesota. They had interest in him in 2010. They were going to draft him with the 30th pick and let him sit behind Favre for a year a possibly two (you didn't know how long Favre would play). However McD moved up in the draft and effed everything up. The instant Tebow was off the board, the Vikings traded out of the first round. I don't know what they think of him after the last three years but they're the best fit imho.

Ponder is hardly solidified at starter and their running game would be out of this world with AP. They also happen to have the best spread option player on the planet in Percy Harvin (they barely use him in the many ways they could). If the organization bought in to Tebow, they'd be a formidable offense at least through the rest of AP's career.

20. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Trestman could really help out Tebow if he decide to take the CFL route