Do you think Rex refused to make a qb change...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Rex refused to make a QB change because given the other options he considered Sanchez to be his best chance to win games. It took really horrible performances out of Sanchez to change his mind.

That should tell us what McElroy is likely to do in the next two games. Rex is hoping he is not more horrible than Mark Sanchez has been.

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

And this coaching staff lacks the ability to do this. I just listened to Rex's confrence call from yesterday and its is extreemly frustrating. "In my opnion" "I belive this move isin the best interest of the team" when pressed to specifics he has no answer "this is my decision". Just pure crap if anybody thinks Greg McElroy gives the Jets a better chance to win than Tebow. There is no proof. He should be fired for this. Go down with the ship then instead of wearing the Tebow life vest. What a clown

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

As much as I don't think Mcelroy is the answer, I think he is probably better then Tebow who is complete trash as an NFL QB. We could install a spread and let Kerley run it and would get equally good results.

4. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

I find it funny when Rex says "I just feel like (insert name here) gives us the best chance to win" We know it wasn't Sanchez, is this the kiss of death for McElroy?

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow myth #246: Benching Tebow will get you crucified by the media.

Is he being crucified now because of Tebow? Is Elway? Is John Fox?

No they are not.

If anything, Rex is being crucified for not making this decision sooner, not that he benched Tebow for McElroy. You guys think there is some phantom Tim Tebow machine out there trying to destroy the NFL.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kerley in the spread is likely a better option than anything else the Jets currently have on the roster. Sanchez is toast, Tebow is a geek and McElroy is completely overmatched at the NFL level. Kerley at least is an athlete who can throw the ball well, despite being under-sized and not well suited to a standard offense.

Don't get me wrong here, Kerley would probably be a disaster as an NFL QB running the spread but there are levels of magnitude and I think the other three are all going to be more of a disaster at this point.

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Rex's biggest error in this situation was not activating McElroy the last 2 games. It completely tied his hands at the end of the Tennessee game.

8. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Cut ties with tebow and mark at the end of the season. Take the cap hit and sign Michael Vick. If McElroy performs well these last 2 games then keep him as a viable backup. Then maybe the following year we draft a qb. Sanchez should not be a jet next year whatsoever. And there's no possible way over these last 2 games McElroy can be as bad as what Sanchez was the last 5 weeks and pretty much the entire season with the exception of buffalo and their terrible defense...mark hasn't regressed...he's never had it...2 AFC championship games yes but masked by great defenses and better running game than what we have now. And as far as weapons....maybe as a rookie or 2nd year qb, receivers make the qb look good but after 4 years the qb needs to be able to help young receivers look good...Sanchez was always a joke, but it was a smoke screen for what we had as a run game and defense as a whole.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I think there is something very funny going on in the front office. There is evidence of power struggle. Here is a possible explanation of what's happening.

Woody: wants Tebow (due to publicity, general beliefs?), influences gently to keep TT in the loop.
    Tanny: wants Sanchez (due to "all-in" on Mark re job security?), can press to start Sanchez.
    Rex: restricted in personnel to dress decisions (i.e. "you coach with the people I, GM & owner, gave you"), but has unlimited power on the field. Believes TT cannot be used as QB.

Above would explain observed actions:

1. Sanchez starts again and again:
    Pressure from Tanny clinging to his decision to extend MS, desperate play for job security.

2. Tebow backup again and again, unless hurt:
    Woody's push for Tebow. His reasoning to Tanny would be: "Since Mark is the best we've got, it doesn't matter who backs him up. So put Tebow out."

3. Sanchez plays to the bitter end when Tebow is the back up:
    Rex either despises Tebow for whatever reason or honestly thinks that Sanchez > Tebow. So Mark stays however shitty he plays because crappy Mark is still > decent Tim (per Rex).

4. The only time Sanchez is pulled is when Tebow is not backing up.
    This would be the only time Rex could teach Sanchez a lesson without getting Tebow in.

5. McElroy is not active for the last 2 games.
    If Sanchez plays bad & Rex has to pull him out, he'd have to go to McElroy & around Tebow -- direct spit to both Tanny and Woody, which he is unwilling to do. The solution is to not dress McElroy so that shitting on bosses’ heads is avoided altogether. Yes, this would be internal team politics over winning.

6. McElroy is starter next game.
    Either prior agreement "I'll play ball, but only until we're still in the hunt", or Rex finally grew a pair. I bet on the prior agreement.

#29 RuJFan, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  10. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Yeah, we was gonna just run in there with no timeouts. You're delusional.

11. jack handy

jack handy Member

So the options are that rex:

is stupid because Tebow can not get it done but deactivated GM to keep Tebow as the backup even though losing a game would end any playoff chances.

is stubborn. He knows Tebow can get it done but he decided to stick with Mark even when he was losing the game without any help. That or is covering his ass for being stubborn so start the 3rd string guy.

is a dick for screwing Tebow

12. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

If they had just ran the ball every down out of the Wildcat it would have been more effective than Sanchez and they would have made the playoffs.

13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I dont know about the "Complete trash" comment...A guy who beat the Jets, has wins in the NFL and playoffs is hardly "complete trash". I can tell you what is "Complete trash"; the entire NYJ organization.

Nobody in their right mind can tell me that they can predict what TT would bring to this team. This is purly a situation where our coaching staff is completly unable to think outside the box and desing an offense for his skill set.

WHat if we had Cam, RG3, Wilson? I would wager the house that they would not be as sucessful as they are currently...why; its the New York Jets people, NOT THE PLAYER. This team has ZERO ability to be creatieve, outside of the "other side of the ball".

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The answer is simple. Once Sanchez is benched for good, the Jets move to "next season" mode. The Jets have already determIned that Tebow is not the QB of the future. Tebow didn't get screwed. He came to the Jets knowing he was not going to start and that he would be used in special packages and situations. If Tebow starts the last 2-4 games, he becomes a factor for next season. Ryan has already determined that he wants no part of that if he is here. So you give McElroy the starts to see if he is part of next years QB situation. We can all agree that this decision should have been made after Arizona and not two games later, but does it really matter? The worst thing that could have happened to this team long term would have been to make the playoffs with Tebow at QB. It's time to find the QB of the future and neither Sanchez or Tebow are the answer. If Tebow wanted a different season, he should have gone to Jacksonville. The Jets made it clear he would not start. It was the media that thought otherwise.

#34 Joe Willie White Shoes, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed none of those guys would be as successful here because our management on the offensive side of the football is clueless however all of those guys are way better then Tim Tebow as NFL prospects.

Elway and Fox couldn't get rid of Tebow fast enough even though he had wins in the NFL and apparently the league wasn't knocking the door down to get him either.

16. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Sanchez is much worse.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We disagree on this Sanchez is awful but he is miles better then Tebow.

18. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

Sanchez is the worst ever. 50 Turnovers in two years. At least Tebow has a low INT rate and doesn't fumble as much. All you need is a game manager and Sanchez can't even do that.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tebow can't run an NFL practice. There isn't a HC or OC with any shot at staying in the NFL that would tolerate Tebow as anything more then a gimmick.

Give it up already, if Rex and Soprano thought he could play he would have played.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It is clear Tebow was never wanted by this coaching staff, it is clear Tebow is nothing more than an athlete who probably shouldn't even be a back up QB let alone a starting one. Its clear this season has been rough enough and we don't need further heartache and distractions by playing Tebow and bringing the circus to town.