The "WTF did Rex Ryan say during the Press Conference" Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mute, Dec 19, 2012.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Anybody just listen to his PC just now :rofl: ? The reason why all three QBs weren't dressed was because Clyde Gates was injured... And then he went on and on about Tebow being a good competitor and that is why he wont get a start :drunk: I know hes trying to save his ass but these PCs are becoming extremely comical.

[​IMG]

" I think that I dont and therefore when I do you guys all do so then nobody does."

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why Tebow is not getting the start couldn't be more obvious. if you start Tebow, you have to run a completely different type of offense, and an offense that Rex has zero interest in long term, so it serves no purpose to play him. with McElroy you get to see how he plays within the frameworks of a traditional offense, and whether he has the ability to possibly be a solution at QB, so playing McElroy is the only reasonable decision for Rex. anyone who is trying to make it out than anymore than that is either an idiot or dishonest, because it is as clear as day.

and that was the flaw in bringing Tebow in to begin with. who gives a shit how well he can play in a spread option type offense, which is what he is successful at not the wildcat, if that isn't the type of offense the team runs and has to completely change to do so.

3. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I dont understand why he didnt just say.."well Mark is struggling and deserves a break to get his head straight...and since we are not playoff bound its a good chance to see what McElroy can do." That would be honest, respectful and telling the truth but he had to spin it to make no sense at all.

I'm at a loss why.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Herm developed this great method of keeping the NY media off balance. He'd say something that was wildly entertaining from a kind of cornpone angle and then he'd come back with what he really wanted to say, which was often a bit hard to digest or understand because on technical issues Herm was not a good communicator.

The net effect was that he didn't get called much on his occasionally circular logic or the details that didn't quite add up or the outright foot in mouth moments that his press conferences produced on a regular basis. He got a pass on things that other coaches wouldn't have because he made people laugh before hand or just after and they had something to write about.

It all broke down in 2005 because the Jets broke down and Herm got almost surly with the press and his trademark sense of humor, often self-directed, went missing. His cover vanished with the one-liners and the press really became very much the hounds that year not giving him much respite from the endless barrage of criticism that the Jets horrible season was producing.

How do you say "Chad got hurt for the 3rd time in 4 years and the backup was like an egg back there also and Brooks Bollinger should be selling cars for a living" and still sound funny and upbeat?

That's what sank Herm in NY with the media and essentially with the Jets.

Rex is going to have to find his own way of communicating and satisfying the beast as the Jets dangle over the precipice or he's going to get eaten alive by the media at this point. Keeping his sense of humor is important but it's hard to do that and even harder to show it when the team is not playing well. It's going to be a tough row for him to hoe for the next year or two if he's here and if he can't manage the trick he won't be here much longer.

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

He's not going to tell you what you want to hear. Why people can't understand this is beyond me.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rex simply doesn't want to say publicly what is obvious. Tim Tebow has been so bad in practice he can't possibly put him in.

7. Mac Redstrum

Mac Redstrum Member

The only reason they brought Tebow in was to bring in a good character guy when they saw how the locker room was crumbling with a bunch of turds at the end of last season, Tebow was never brought in to challenge Mark for starting qb

8. jack handy

jack handy Member

what is it that I want to hear?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

OMG. Press conferences change everything!!!

10. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Ok, so pardon my assumption if you didn't want to hear that "Mark Sanchez isn't playing very good right now, we think Tebow can't cut it, and we have nothing left except for the third stringer in McElroy." I've made faulty assumptions before, so my apologies in advance if this is one.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

they have become somewhat delusional. rex should run for the senate

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

This post pretty much nails it.

McElroy who has been here longer, has a much better handle on the Jet's offense. Tebow runs the spread option. Sparano designed an even more limited version of it for Tebow than what Denver did. He limited to Wildcat only. Tebow has 5-6 plays and probably not even enough for a full game. Especially this late in the season.

But that's why it makes the trade decision even more stupid. Tebow runs the spread option. Why trade for a spread option QB then if that's not what you believe in?

You wouldn't make Brady run the spread option. You wouldn't turn RG3, Wilson, Newton into pure pocket passers. Wouldn't do it with Vick or Ben either. Why would you try to do it with Tebow?

Even if you could, it's a waste of talent. You design it based on each QB's abilities.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I get it, I got it, but its pretty damn funny. Read. Hes always been like this but its becoming worst and pretty damn funny.

14. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Someone should tell Rex that his "gut feeling" reason stopped being meaningful and was probably lost during the liposuction. This is the 2nd time he's had a "gut feeling" this season. The first was Mark. Your gut sucks Rex.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I believe there is a major disagreement in the front office and Rex is trying his best to hide the issue without pointing and his bosses. The hiding attempt doesn't work very well, obviously.

16. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

They basically panicked when they didn't get Peyton Manning. And compounded that by extending Sanchez contract and adding Tebow.

17. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I sensed some of this too. There probably is some crazy stuff going on on this team and we don't know the half of it.

18. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

19. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

That performance just adds further to my doubts of Ryan being an effective NFL HC

20. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

OK, if this is all true, WTF would he suit up Tebow as the backup QB during a season on the line game? Why would he dress Tebow as the backup all year if he has no intention of playing Tebow and Tebow can't run the offense? It makes no sense why McElroy wasn't the backup all year if you what you're saying is true.