GMAC 2012 vs Tebow 2011

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah, Tebow got screwed, blah, blah, blah... So do a lot of QBs, I'm over it.

Just wondering what took so long. Would have been interesting to see if GMAC would have pulled a Tebow this year and took them to the playoffs. The Jets, as bad as they've looked may have made the playoffs with Trent Dilfer QBing this year. But now GMAC is starting with nothing on the line season-wise.

I don't see GMAC coming in and winning the last two. The Alabama hater in me is predicting 0-2, just based off of the dysfunctionality of the team, and probably bad stats to boot. But... I wish the kid well and hope he goes 2-0. Just because my guy didn't get the start doesn't mean I wish GMAC to fail. It's not his fault, and he seems to be a good guy and not Rex's fool.

For all of Tebow's "good teammate" characteristics, I think McElroy did something last year that Tebow should do. He called out the Jets locker room at the end of the season. It's a different type of leadership than Tebow, but I respect it. I think the players will respect that also. Tebow needs to learn that he can stick up for himself and say things that are not always popular/positive, so long as it is respectful, true to the facts, and in a professional manner. I don't think it would be out of bounds to say that he has had success in the NFL and bring up what he has done in interviews. He doesn't need to bash Rex Ryan, but he doesn't have to go out and say how much he respects Ryan and thank him so much for what he has done for him, which is what he'll probably say.

Good luck GMAC, don't waste the opportunity.

#1 Backup QB, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I doubt Tebow will be putting anything out publicly about his time with the Jets until some time way down the road. But I'd bet my right arm that he will talk or write about it at some point. My guess is we'll also get to hear about some of the things that went on in Denver that have not been made public to this point.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

At least some Tebow fans have some class. Yeah, don't get caught in the trap of rooting for failure to those who got the job instead of him.

There are still "Bronco fans" (as they call themselves) on some sites who are openly rooting for the team to fail because they are STILL angry about what transpired with the Tebow trade. Maybe just a trolling effort, but there really are those out there that are so emotionally invested in the kid from fighting the good fight for the last couple years.

4. Potzer

Potzer New Member

It think its quite possible.

Sanchez has been a dumpster fire losing games for the jets single-handily.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

On the Broncos country message boards last year there were Denver fans openly rooting against the team every week Tebow was QB...must be the water in Denver.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Everybody says that if Tebow comes in and wins the two games Rex would look like an idiot. But the same can be said for McElroy, trust me if he won 7 of 8 games this year here it would be a Linsanity/Tebowmania movement again.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

They should have made the switch sooner -- there was a chance to save the season and make the playoffs. Go to McElroy if that's what you want.

For some reason, Tebow makes people become attached to the guy in front of him. In this case, Sanchez. Last year, Orton. I've never seen such bad quarterback play defended so vigorously as when it was Orton and Sanchez.

Tebow comes in -- gets ripped in criticism. No long leash. Which is often how it works with QB's -- but not if their playing in front of Tebow.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Rex had pressure from above to try to get Sanchez to work. Or maybe he knows more than us of the inner upper management and knows his job was tied to Sanchez working out and if Sanchez failed he failed? Who knows, but the situation is weird.

9. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Not just QB's in front of him, every other QB on the roster! Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Adam Weber, Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy never got so much love and propping up in their careers as when they were on a team with Tim Tebow!

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I agreed, Tanny knew if Sanchez didn't work out he was gone, period.