Rex on the Michael Kay Show 5:15

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 18, 2012.

1. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I missed it, what did this CLOWN say this time?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nothing. The man said absolutely nothing. Susan Rice should have taken lessons from Rex Ryan. Michael K did press him and the questions were excellent. Rex has become very adept at avoiding controversial statements.

3. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

NY Media does not play around.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Seriously, the one place Rex has really grown as a coach and gotten better at is controlling his mouth and actions.

4 years ago Rex couldn't say "hello" on the air without thrilling half the people who listened to him and mortally offending the other half. These days he's just very measured in everything he says. It's as if he gets that his words have real weight both positive and negative and he also understands that he's not very good at figuring out which way anything controversial will bend.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You did see the look that he gave Sanchez at the end of the game right?

By the way, does anyone have a GIF of it? Or even a picture?

6. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

What do you really expect him to say? It's easy for us to say this stuff because we don't answer to anyone in the NFL. We make it seem so simple for these guys to say controversial stuff as if there's no recourse.

7. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I noticed this as well, walking away from just having thanked the opposition coach, Rex didn't notice that he and Mark got on a collision course. When noticing this with a few feet to spare, Rex consciously dodged out of contact's reach to the right of Mark and then went around him with a sense of disgust smeared all over his face.

Body language at it's finest.

#67 Swedish Ale, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I heard the whole interview but maybe I was distracted,,,,,did Rex talk about how this is the "best " or " most talented " team he has had here ? The qb moves are astonishing,,,,,I mean Greg Mc wins us a game and is then in street clothes for 2 weeks but is now the starter ? Tebow is dressed with broken ribs when there is no intent to pay him at all ? Then Sanchez gets the starts but for whatever reason , no matter how poorly he is playing is not pulled from games ? Blow this thing up from top to bottom !

9. milo

milo Well-Known Member

For anyone interested, here's the direct link to the press conference he gave right before the Kay interview:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-a...nce-Call/8f7ba87b-53e0-498e-b7cd-7a85c394e8b4

I find it hysterical that every time this organization has something bad to say, instead of having a normal presser they have a conference call and then attempt to bury it in the back of their website.

Sorry Woody. We're not a stupid fanbase. We know what a shitty QB looks like and we know how to find the "audio" link.

10. mudclods

mudclods Member

I noticed that live and was thinking the same thing. Like running into someone you want to avoid. I'm sure Rex wished that was the last game & didn't have to deal with all of this for two more meaningless games. But, "you play to win the game"!

11. benhamean

benhamean Member

Easily summed up by the following phrase:
    LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY.

(Apply this to the failure to manage primadonna bitches like Holmes, locker room yapping, outing of private business, tolerance of substandard play (mainly Sanchez, but others as well).

Rex created a culture of Wild West. It is devouring him now.