I spoke to Sean Salisbury in Vegas.RE:NYJETS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ROCKJET, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ROCKJET

ROCKJET New Member

hi.. i was in las vegas last friday and apparently sean salisbury has a non-televised fantasy football show.

he and his partner (don't know who he was) talk mostly fantasy football but then he opened the forum to Q & A and many people asked about their favorite teams. i didnt get called upon, but during a 10 min break, the wife cringed as i pulled her along to go up to speak to him.

i introduced myself and my wife and said "sean, just tell me something positive about the jets"

without hesitatation, he pounced and exclaimed "i'll give you TWO! those two offensive linemen they got in the draft!!" "excellent selections! "

and i'll basically paraphrase the rest:

he likes mangini "he has a plan"

i asked him about clemens ..is he the real deal?
    he said that he is going to be a good one and the jets knew what they were doing when they drafted him in round two.

he said that clemens would be playing sometime this year ( i got the impression he said that because he feels that we would fall out of contention) and he believes mangini would go to him quickly if chad struggles because clemens is the future (re: mangini has a plan in place)

suddenly, his eyes lit up and he mentioned VILMA!

he says he should have been a starter in pro bowl last year and would be a perennial pro bowler from now on.

just when i thought he finished giving me a few words , he looked at the patrons standing around us now and said "'boy aren't jet fans passionate?!?!!??!"

"it' so hard to live up to joe namath! it has to be tough!"

then the best part----" i have to tell u, if i walked into a crowded room full of beautiful women and joe namath was in the room--i wouldnt even notice the hot babes . all i would see is joe willie. my knees would get wobbly.
    joe was "it" man! i gotta tell ya! when i was a kid joe was "the man"!!"

at that point i was ready to burst and i said "holy cow! me too ! if i saw joe i would pass out! (joe is responsible for me being the crazed fan i am today---probably like a lot of people on this forum!)

like i stated, i paraphrased his quotes best i remember but you get the point!

i know s salisbury is bashed a lot on this forum, but i have to say he was nice enough to give me and my wife a few minutes of his time, he had some nice things to say about the jets and , of course, the clincher was he glowingly praised my boyhood idol,broadway joe. (i'd almost swear he's a secret jet fan!)

anyway that's my story!

mike

2. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

very cool.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

good shit bro.....

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

i pretty much agree with that but most of the time i disagree with him

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Very nice story, thanks for sharing.

#5 Murrell2878, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  6. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Good to hear that Salisbury was so nice to you. It can't be easy for Salisbury having rabid football fans constantly pestering him for information like that when he is in public. It is glad to hear he was so gracious. But what I liked even more was it sounded like he has a real pasion for the game which he was not afraid to share with you.

Great story and thanks Tony.

7. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

since you were in vegas you should have asked for his week 1 picks

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yeah i think it was him on NFL Live or something that said that Kellen Clemens is the best QB in the draft. I dont agree with him right now but i hope Clemens does turn out to be a great QB.

9. jetsnvegas

jetsnvegas New Member

were at in vegas seeing thats were i am at?

10. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Nice story.

11. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Thats cool! Did you slap some money on the Jets to win it all, The odds have to long.

12. canuckgreenandwhite

canuckgreenandwhite New Member

Great post, never liked Salsbury as an analsyt though, at least someone in the media has some good to say about da jets.

13. ROCKJET

ROCKJET New Member

every friday nite at caesar's palace he is there i believe.

he said he was going to a college game on saturday(9/2)...i forgot which one.

that was my first time in Vegas. we had a great time.

i saw pete rose signing autograph$$$$ (there wasnt anyone on line when i passed by---pitiful it seemed). he was at one of the forum sport shops at at Caesar's.

i also saw mike tyson (another pitiful figure!). it seems that the Aladin resort hired him to "train" on display--they have a ring set up for free public viewing but it seems that he was taking pictures with patrons (for ca$h i presume) prior to his" training session.---another pitiful public figure.

of course i didnt stick around for any of it!

ps Caesars is a cool resort and vegas is fun,,,that was our first trip

mike,

14. JetD

JetD Member

Neat stuff there!...........I've always kinda liked Salibury and his take on things thruout the league. Yup, if it werent for Joe Willie, im not sure my Pop woulda sat me down in front on Supe III, and turned me into a JETS fan. But im damn glad he did!

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

It's always nice to see celebrities treat ordinary people with courtesy and class. Good story; thanks for sharing.

TBTF

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That was a really good read. He praised KC on NFLlive when we picked him. I think he will be a good one as well. No reason to think otherwise.

Mike Tyson....

:rofl:

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

According to Pro Football Prospectus he projects to have the best numbers of any QB drafted in the first 3 rounds this year. Doesn't mean he'll be the best but ....

As far as Sean, he was a terrible QB but he is usually pretty accurae. Now Merrill Hodge is the one I want to sucker punch if I saw him down the street. (Which is legal here in Vegas..... j/k)

18. genom

genom Active Member

Sean Salisbury is a celebrity?

19. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

I like Sean Salisbury alot. He is very knowledgeable. I know some people don't like his smugness, but it's more smartness really. I'm not apologizing for him, but I do think he is a very good analyist for ESPN's NFL Coverage.

:jets:

20. lightning

lightning Active Member

Im sorry but i hated him the since the first couple times i saw him on tv. He's nothing more than a wagon jumper, and when something happens all of a sudden he says how obvious it is.

Pretty cool that he actually said some positive stuff though.