Enough's Enough: ESPN's Skipper Says Net Will Dial Back Its Coverage Of Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 10, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So much for no coverage, they led first take this morning with Stephen A. Smith show casing the highlight of tebow coming in for the one play that was blown dead as an example of all the Jets problems.

blame tebow for last night LOL , good times...

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I thought this was an interesting tweet from an insider who has knowledge that most of us do not (even though I do not like him..... like most Jet fans) that somebody posted in the Jet forum

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McElroy is expected to be the guy, but organization is concerned with potential fallout for passing over Tebow. Never a dull moment. #Jets

It seems a lot of people in this sub forum thinks the opposite, which appears to be Tebow is not starting because Ryan is scared of a fallout (or hurt feelings) with Sanchez and other players.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

What fall out? jets fans almost universally hate Tebow.

That is weak if true. Start McElroy.

4. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Who gives a crap about some fallout? The season is in the tank, and Jets fans are pissed off as hell at the state of affairs surrounding this team. The nuclear winter is on its way regardless...

Is there anyone out there who thinks Tebow will still be on the Jets roster come training camp next year?

5. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Its possible.

Either Rex or Tim will be there next season I'd bet.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I am pretty sure he is gone and it will be couched like this "Tebow asked us to be released and we did him the favor of granting his wishes" etc. but everyone will know he was cut.

7. vanpelt4prez

vanpelt4prez New Member

Tim is headed to the Vikings. Back with Percy. Run some read option with AP. Looked great on the astro turf last year.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Agreed. It seems obvious to me the jets don't want him. Even a lot of Tebow fans seem to agree with that.

This is why I find it odd that people on this site are in disagreement as to why Rex doesn't pull Sanchez for sucking but seemed willing to do so the one week Tebow was unavailable due to injury.

They didn't even pull him last night when Rex appeared so disghusted when he walked past Sanchez, he didn't even acknowledge he was there... still no real Tebow time. He was even WORSE than against Arizona.

9. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

and I still do not understand why you think 32 TD's in one and a half NFL seasons is worthless. It's almost 3x as many as Sanchez accounts for this year.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Well... good. So who is about to take those numbers and sign him then? Who will go all in?

The numbers speak for themselves, do they not?

There's gotta be something. Teams just don't pass on really good players like this... unless they don't really think they are that good.

Only 2 teams offered as much as a 4th. Kevin Kolb, Jay Cutler, and Matt Cassell all went for multiple picks that included first rounders and a huge payraise for the player.

Yet Tebow doesn't. So why pass up all those touchdowns and wins?

Wanna take a stab at it? you guys keep throwing more numbers at me, but none of that explains why no team really seems to want that guy other than for marketing, and maybe some wild cat packages and punt protecting.

11. PayDirt

PayDirt New Member

The NFL is so conservative. I think teams are "scared" to invest in Tebow. He's not a prototypical QB. Most OCs aren't creative enough to use Tebow's skill-set correctly. That's my guess. Also, Tebow does NOT pass the "eye-test." He wins and puts up decent numbers, but it sure don't look pretty.

Even Denver was scared to use Tebow last year. They ran ultra-conservative offense for 3 quarters until they had no choice but to let Tebow loose. And it's scary as hell. He could decompensate like he did in Buffalo or he can turn it loose like he did a bunch of other times.

I'm curious what the interest will be like this off-season. There's a few teams that may be interested. If no one is calling, for Tebow's sake, I hope the Jets drop him and he goes to play in the CFL for a year. But Tebow is probably too prideful to do that. He'd probably rather be a back-up somewhere would be my guess.

12. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

I don't think you understand football very well. There are a lot of variables that go into success for any player. if I played football in a different system, or a different team, I would not have gotten scholarship offers. If the school I went to had players at my position, I might have never gotten a chance to play. And so on.

This is not the right situation for Tebow. I blame the Jets, because I'm pretty sure Tebow
    showed up with the intention of contributing, and the Jets evidently never planned to use him.

Now whether Tebow will get a chance to prove you wrong, or where, who knows? Depends on many factors more important than the opinions of ppl like you and me on the internet. But I sure hope he does.