Start over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Dec 17, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The O-line is really not as bad as people suggest. Sanchez had all the time in the world to throw his four interceptions. The run game has also improved as well.

As for the wide receivers, that's a bigger problem. However, they're not terrible. They're adequate enough to win this club football games.

The defense did more than enough for us to win a game. Scoring more than 14 points should not be hard.

Without Sanchez and with a QB with any reasonable red zone intelligence, we would have won 10 games this year.

And that's with two of our best players out with injuries.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the o line has been OK...not great not terrible...its an issue with issues at RG, LG and RT due to age or inexperience.

Our WR group is sub par at the NFL level.

Our defense is aging beyond belief except for the D Line. Our LB group is in flux, and our #1 defensive player/overall player is coming off a knee tear. Plus one of our safeties is ancient...

I don't feel as positive about things next year as you do.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

WR group...sign a couple of free agent wide receivers.

As for defense, get some linebackers that aren't 50 years old. Revis will have a full offseason to work out that knee.

I really think that if we just replace Mark Sanchez, we will be a contender at the earliest next season and at the latest the 2014 season.

4. vanpelt4prez

vanpelt4prez New Member

Get rid of the GM. Get rid of the OC. Bring in Alex Smith. Perfect game manager QB for Rex Ryan. Not sure I'd give up on Rex yet.

5. lakersmetsjets49ers

I agree with you on everything. Preferably norv turner as the oc, especially if they bring Alex in. He was the 49ers coordinator in Alex smiths 2nd season and he showed a decent amount of progress with a 49ers team that was terrible. After that and a new offensive coordinator every season and mike Nolan being an idiot Alex smith started falling apart but he had a decent 2nd season under norv. He would be the ideal offensive coordinator.

6. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

I'd like to see the Jets do what the Mets did: bring in a legit fundamentals person and do full top-to-bottom reassessment of the team. The Jets are in that 06-08 Mets phase, with the win-now mentality; coming close, but not quite making it.. Determine who stays on board, who's worth building around, who needs to be jettisoned. If parting ways with our best player means acquiring great young talent or some high draft picks, do it. Alderson has been making some really sound moves to contend in a few years. I'd like to see the Jets do the same.

7. vanpelt4prez

vanpelt4prez New Member

Could always fire them all and start over as the title of this thread. Would most likely lead to sucking for 1-2 years.

Rex is a great defensive coach. Not sure it's his time to go quite yet. I wonder how much say he has on player personnel. Defense is still good but doesn't seem to have the talent as years past.

I'm a Bronco fan and openly admit I read here cause of Tebow. Would love to see him get a shot but Alex Smith makes the most sense especially if Ryan stays HC.

Both Tebow and Gmac should both get series the next two games IMO.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'm sure Norv will look to the Jets OC job as the place for him. Especially after Rex said he'd have won a SB with the talent on the Chargers if they'd have hired him as HC.

Besides, Norv was a really good OC when he had Smith, Aikman, Irvin, Novacek, and that monster O-Line. He called the same zone block running play over and over and dared teams to stop them. There was nothing earth shatteringly good about what he did there. He just had all the horses he needed.

9. vanpelt4prez

vanpelt4prez New Member

Norv would be a solid OC choice. Really not sure what Rex was thinking with TS.