IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Then if we all 4 tie at 9-7, we are in accoridng to SI. In as the 5 seed

2. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

Not necessarily as the 5 seed, because I believe Pitt can actually win the division at 9-7, if Baltimore drops the next 2, which makes Baltimore the 5 seed and Jets the 6.

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

How can colts go 1-1? wouldnt they be 10-6??

4. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

My shift is from 9:00 in the morning until 5:00 pm on December 24th. Although I hope to get a little overtime that day.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

As far as making noise in the playoffs....a lot of ppl think the only way to go is to have a franchise 'tom brady' type QB. I'm watching the 49'rs vs NE and it's half time. 49'rs have the top defense and the Pats have the top offense. As of half time, the 49'rs are kicking the snot out of NE.

A top D with a top Running game gives teams w/o a 'tom brady' as good a shot as any. No, we're not the 49'rs, but this is clearly the direction Rex is pushing us.

6. displacedfan

IF we all tie at 9-7 it means the Colts going 0-2. A win and the Colts clinch a playoff berth I believe

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think Indy will beat the Ravens, like for real.

8. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

W/o a Tom Brady type is just about every team in the league

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Here are the scenarios that work, all of them depend on the Jets winning the last 3:

Colts finish 9-7 and Steelers finish 8-8. The Jets are a wildcard team.

Colts, and any two AFC North teams finish 9-7 and not in the divisional lead. One AFC North 9-7 team eliminates the other before the Jets come into the picture. The Jets are a wildcard team.

If the Colts win 10 it gets more complicated, because all it takes is for the surviving AFC North 9-7 team to have the tiebreaker on the Jets and they are in and the Jets are out.

In that scenario if the Jets wind up tied with the Steelers (head to head) or the Ravens (conference record) they are out. If they wind up tied with the Bengals they are in (conference record).

I think that covers all the possibilities at this point.

The simplest and most direct route to the playoffs for the Jets is they win 3 in a row (mandatory) and the Colts lose their last 2. It's hard to see a scenario in which the Jets don't get in if that happens because the AFC North teams will eliminate each other before the Jets come into the picture.

10. dgonx

dgonx New Member

the way that i look at it, and sorry if it's a repetition but the jets need to be tied at 9-7 with CIN and up 9-7 vs. 8-8 on Pitt to get in.

next week cin plays pitt, which I think cin will win as they're fighting for their playoff hopes and pitt's in a bit of a slump, which (if we win tomorrow) makes us tied with pitt at 7-7 and the bengals will be up up 8-6 going into week 17.

week 17 we have the bills which should be a win, pitt has cleveland which should usually be a pitt win but (fingers crossed) is a winnable game for cleveland. cin has baltimore which if the ravens lose to the giants next week will be a significant game as it has homefield implications for baltimore (with a loss they're the 6th and play NE at gilette and with a win they're 4th and play the colts at home).

also this: sportsyahoocom/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=home is a horrible time-waster. (had to remove stuff since i can't post links)

11. dgonx

dgonx New Member

beat me to it.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And people thought the Patriots D was fixed. Well the book is out on how to beat them again, just pass deep.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Looks like Tommy boy is having a day of his life in Foxboro today.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The Jets at no point the rest of the way through "Control their own destiny"....the only way the Jets make the playoffs is by essentially jumping over either IND/CIN/PIT after Week 17 when the season is over.

Week 16(Jets obviously need to win):
    A) IND lose to KC(Might very well not happen)
    B) PIT lose to CIN(Toss up)
    C) BAL lose to NYG
    D) HOU lose to MIN(Vikings think they can make the playoffs and Peterson is running like a mad man.....you want Houston to fight off the Pats for the 1 seed since they play IND Week 17)
    E) JAX lose to NE(Well I doubt JAX musters up a fight, just saying you want NE to fight for that 1st spot with HOU)
    F) CLE lose to DEN(You want Denver to scare both NE and HOU into fighting for a 1st round BYE. HOU and NE both hold tiebreaker wins over DEN but DEN will leapfrog NE if NE loses today vs SF so all the more incentive for the Pats to go all out, especially if we happen to get them in Wildcard Weekend)

Week 17(Again Jets need to win):
    A) IND lose to HOU
    B) CIN lose to BAL
    (Take it DEN/NE all win)

NYJ 9-7
    IND 9-7
    CIN 9-7
    PIT 8-8

If all of this happens...

(5) NYJ @ (4) BAL(Which is great, BAL is vulnerable unlike Pats who could be a fight in Foxboro)
    (6) IND @ (3) NE

Chance this happens exactly like this? Ehh but its a really good guide for you to root for basically.

#1034 BakerMaker, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  15. Br4d

The nightmare scenario is Colts win a game and Bengals win 2. No way we make the playoffs in that situation.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ok well now we can cheer for the vikings to beat houston, w/e

17. BakerMaker

Yep the team that wins week 16 in CIN/PIT HAS TO lose in Week 17 unless IND does the unthinkable and loses 3 straight to end the year.

18. displacedfan

Wrong thread.

Yeah, we need help, but next week COULD be fun

19. Br4d

Colts lost today. It's only 2 more in a row they have to lose and they have a rookie QB hitting the wall. I think they very possibly lose both unless The Chiefs tank for the pick.

20. BakerMaker

Oh I know just saying if the Colts go 9-7, it will be a monumental chokejob given they needed just 1 win to get into the playoffs and were at 9-4.

JAX COULD beat the Titans, they did it once before and they play in Week 17 and I don't know how that works but KC could still get the 1st pick despite winning Week 16.

KC took out what is now a somewhat hot team in the Panthers, who were responsible for the Falcons 2nd loss this year. That has to mean something. I figure the Chiefs will have that "Play for Romeo Crenell" type of game like they did last year vs the Broncos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.