Everything considered....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Holmes is a huge pain in the ass, but the Jets shouldn't get rid of him. He's unquestionably our best receiver, and coming off of a bad year and a season lost to injury, he has zero value.

We're better off trying to reincorporate him into the offense than trading him for 5 cents on the dollar.

2. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

I would love to get rid of Holmes. What a cancer he is. Ugh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

Holmes and Kerley are legit......hill and gates we keep for depth but we HAVE to add a big time receiver in the offseason or at least a legit #2. Kerley is a slot guy and Hill has proven right now he shouldn't be starting. Bring in another guy and take some pressure off of Hill

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

LMAO at this thread. Build around Clyde Gates? Dude can't run a fucking route properly. I like what I saw from Gillyard until he fucked up the route on an INC. Hill is a rookie and is made of glass. Too injury prone. The FO should be shot.

5. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Holmes isnt worth much in exchange. Probally get something similar to what we traded to get him in the first place. Biggest positive would be getting rid of his contract

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets WR's are one of the weakest areas of the team and that's when Holmes is healthy.

The DL and the DB's are the only part of the team that are potentially championship caliber. We're almost a full rebuild away from sniffing a deep run in the playoffs again.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

For those talking about trading Holmes, you can't do it unless you bring in an adequate replacement. It is clear as day how much our passing game suffers without him. You don't trade that unless it's for an establish receiver that's equal or better. Fitzgerald isn't happy over there in Arizona. I bet we could swing Holmes for him in some kind of package. Sanchez and Holmes to the Cards for Fitz. That would solve a lot of problems.. I think.

#27 Barcs, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Wrong. The OL is higher caliber than you credit them for and I know this is hilarious but we are 3 winnable wins away from the playoffs right now. Strap on your seatbelt, here we come Tennessee !! :metal:

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i would trade both holmes and sanchez this offseason if somehow it was financially possible. and i wouldn't think twice about it.

10. TurkJetFan

i hope the jets can get out of TENN with a win...it's going to be a tough one.

Both TENN and BUFF play directly into the Jets weaknesses.

TENN - CJ is the type of back the Jets have struggled to stop recently. Plus Locker is a mobile QB which could make things difficult. This is going to be a tough game.

BUFF - CJ Spiller is now the starter with FJAX going down. He is very capable of gashing us badly. He's fast and quick which the Jets struggle against.

Yes, both are winnable games, but I'm really worried about the Jets winning them from a matchup perspective.

I'm going to BUF Week 17 so on top of my normal hoping, I'm really hoping it matters when I get there.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I hope it matters too Turk!

Yes, its difficult to win games in the NFL and Tennessee has good talent and guys that are playing for their jobs too. The NYJ need to improve this week and get ready to go down to Music City and execute and win the football game. We will get the Titan's best shot. There are challenges and the Jets will need to overcome those challenges - But thats football. Man up, Strap it on and Get R Done !!!

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The problem with the oline is that to be a run first team we need to be dominant at the point of attack, not just good. In '09 and '10 teams knew we were running and we still did, with success. While it is still a good line, to be a run first team in today's NFL we need to up the talent along the front.

13. TurkJetFan

I'm all for it man!!!

14. Professor Frink

Why on earth would Arizona make that deal?

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't disagree w/u Harp. We need to up the talent on the OL - BUT - it often takes OLs a while to really gel. It seems like our OL is starting to do that. They seem to be improving and playing more together like a unit. I think Moore will likely need to be replaced at RG in '13 - but maybe he has another yr. Vlad has definately improved too from being a raw player he is becoming a decent home grown product - his development may very well continue to the point where he will earn a starting spot. Howard has done pretty well.

I think the Jets priorities will be in the LB area before OL.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Definitely, but OL needs to be addressed especially if ground n pound is our strategy. I wonder if Vlad is gonna start next year, looks like that's what they are positioning for.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

theyve done pretty well????Our recivers are bums who rarely get any kind of separation and the entire NFL knows it, We need to get rid of all of them except Holmes and Kerley , and I guess Hill hope fully he gets better after year 1, Im running out of patience with our rookies and young guys, you see all these players coming into the league and killing it in there first year we have never had anybody that good

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

As long as we don't let Chris Johnson run all over the place we should be alright, They lost there starting TE Jared Cook for the season and they aren't that great offensivly. Hopefully Rex can draw up a good defensive game plan

19. Hill doesn't get alot of single coverage on high routes. As a defense you have to respect Hill's long speed/size. Truthfully his route running has been impressive. He gets off the jam & uses his body well. Unfortunately a little too well. He's a bit of a body catcher. You hope he gets better with this by attending hands camp this off season & bulking up(Which he has the frame to do).

Catching the football immediately makes Hill a legitimate weapon for the Jets O for a long time.

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I'm not as optimistic on the WRs as some.

I love Hill's potential and the Kerley:Cotchery comparison is pretty spot on.

But Gates, Gillyard and Schillens are JAGS.

Holmes is overrated and a pain in the ass.