IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Sounds like us in 2010-2011 or the Giants/Broncos last year. That's all you need

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

cowboys coming back to win and the way our schedule is set up, this has a 2009 feel to it.

not going all in yet. just saying

3. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

We are going to know a lot more about our playoff chances before we even play our game against the Titans.

4. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

It does have a 2009 feel except for one Major thing we had a Much better team with A lot more talent then.

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Denver is so vastly overrated it's not even funny. They've been feasting on the fucking Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders and other sub .500 teams for weeks. We have a good shot against them.

Houston is really banged up and we played them closer earlier in the year.

Baltimore is garbage. They're defense is terrible and their offense is inconsistent. The way our defense has been playing of late I'd like our chances against them.

The Patriots are tough but we should have beat them the first time and division games are never a sure thing.

Stop bitching and have some faith.

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

With hill hurt and us 1 game behind from #6 spot we have to go for WR, TO, Edwards or even chad Johnson........I doubt we go far if we even make playoffs but atleast put players on field who can catch

7. General Fan

General Fan New Member

Also, if there is a three way tie of 9-7 teams, we would win the tiebreaker based on conference records. However, if it is just us and Pittsburg at 9-7, we are fucked. Indy is pretty much in after today imo. I think they will lose to Houston twice but losing to awful KC probably isn't going to happen.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

oh look, rex and co leading the team on the cusp of a playoff berth deep into the season

fans really need some perspective. once we get to the dance, I promise you we are the team NO ONE wants to play.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yea,thats why i am not there yet.

won't be surprised if we are tleast tied with pitt at the end of next week

10. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I totally agree. I think the only winning team Denver has beaten was Pittsburg on opening night. Baltimore appears to be getting weaker as the season goes on. Houston and NE are good but we could take them on the right day. The sad thing would be if we miss out of the playoffs based on a tiebreaker with Pittsburg.

11. General Fan

General Fan New Member

If we get to the dance......yes, no one would want play our defense. But being at 7 losses is killing us. If we were 7-6 the whole world would look different to me right now.

12. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

The team also had a lot more upside in 2009. We had a rookie QB and Head Coach. We were happy win or lose because the team was trending upwards. Fast forward 3 years: the defense is aging. The offense lost a lot of talent, and the QB we perceived to be our franchise QB doesn't even deserve to start in this league. Oh, and we're stuck with him for another year. Oh, and the team is winning and hurting our draft slot. Oh, and there won't be a clear franchise QB in the draft for another 2 years, although there is some promise to the QB's this year.

This does not feel like 2009 at all.

13. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

You can't be serious. We would be the team that every playoff team would want to play. Our offense is horrible, and our defense is good but nothing special.

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

The linebackers are aging however in 2009, the d-line was ageing and you see how young and explosive they are now. The safeties are pretty damn good, and if the team was able to sign a relatively young 3/4 linebacker (Connor Barwin) and draft one and have Revis back the defense is in pretty good shape.

Unfortunately the offense needs lots more talent to be infused.

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, no wide receivers, mediocre running backs, mediocre QB, no pass rush to speak of, slow linebackers. The Jets really scare the good teams.

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

when it comes to playoffs, it's about experience and defense. Sanchez is a back 2 back AFCG qb and our D scares guys like brady.

trust me, if we get there, we are gonna be feared. I'm putting 1000 bucks on jets if we make it to he playoffs

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This forum forgets that we are a 7 loss team because the good teams beat the Jets like a drum, but somehow they will be afraid of the Jets in the playoffs.:eek:hmy:

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I know. 14 weeks into the 2012 season, we've beaten one team (The Colts) with a winning record since the start of the 2011 season.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Playoffs are unrealistic this year. The Jets are not as good as they were in 2009 even. Further, it would be highly uncharacteristic of Pittsburgh to drop two at the end of the year.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

So many people said the same thing in 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.