Braylon Edwards is a Jet, Again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 9, 2012.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

IF Hill is done for the season (that knee injury looked brutal) why not bring him in this week!? Gates SUCKS. Gillyard, meh, Schillens? Please. They don't even give Jordan White a proper shot.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If Hill is out, the Jets seriously don't have a choice but to bring in Edwards.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The Jets FO can't worry about its image... it'll be dog shit without signing Braylon Edwards.

The Jets need to throw a hail mary on this one and bring in the one guy that there's a logical chance has an immediate impact on the passing game.

Don't put it all on Sanchez. Play to win. Give him a weapon.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He has to be more productive than Gilyard or Gates or White or Schillens. Try it, why not. He just has to run a slant or in a straight line and catch the ball

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

While he certainly couldn't do worse than our current dreck the only thing about Braylon people have to remember is he isn't coming back with the same system, as it were. He and Sanchez can do a few streetball plays but that's about it, too late to really learn the whole playbook in Week 15.

6. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

I would literally cries sweet tears of joy if they sign Braylon. On twitter woody johnson's wife retweeted someone who asked her to tell woody to sign braylon. She said she'll 'pass it on' hahaha one can hope!

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yep, absolutely. I liked what I saw from the little sample size of Gillyard, to be honest.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

In case anyone's interested... the difference between the Jets with Braylon Edwards and without:

With:
    Regular Season: 17-11
    Playoffs: 4-2

Without: 17-16

Including the playoffs, percentages:
    With: 62%
    Without: 52%

There are obviously more factors in play than Braylon Edwards with those numbers, but it seems silly to me to not see Edwards contribution as a major factor considering how the passing game has dropped off without him.

9. NewYorkEveryThing

The chemistry they had with holmes together was really good. Even holmes was playin like
    crap half the time last year.
    So the chemistry thing could work with the fact that sanchez and holmes are locked up next season. Why not bring him in?
    I know holmes would not mind.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm all for bringing back Braylon, whether it be now or for the 2013-14 season.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Exactly! Thanks for posting this!!

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If the Jets are serious about a playoff run, or helping Mark they need to swallow their pride and at least bring Braylon in for a workout.

13. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Its certainly not impossible, but he'd be a four. Essentially a backup, waiting for a dude to get hurt. Schillenz really wouldn't be seeing the field on Sundays if it weren't for Tone's injury.

I dont think Bray's ego can handle that, and I don't think it's worth the circus.

BUT I'd be comfortable with an Edwards/Holmes switch. I always liked Edwards better anyway, plus Tone (in my speculation) will not do great with his rehab. He smokes more pot that I do, he really only shows in big games. I cant see him putting in a lot of work when the cameras go off.

If we could pull it off I'd be cool with 1.) Hill 2.) Edwards 3.) Kerley.... Chaz/Somebody/Somebody.

Otherwise not really....

14. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Wasn't Braylon Edwards waived due to injury? I remember seeing he was "waived/injured"

EDIT: found what I was talking about (link)
    The "waive/injured" tag likely means that Edwards did not pass a team physical on his way out the building, and the team might reach an injury settlement with him. But this is clearly more of a move about Edwards' ability than injury considering he played last week. The team signed him as depth when Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin were hurting, but everyone is healthy now. Golden Tate has finally stepped up as a playmaker.

15. Sanchito6

Sanchito6 Member

^^

Then he tweeted that he has been healthy and making plays in practice everyday. reason why he was stunned.

16. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

If the Jets front office believes we can finish 9-7, then Braylon would / should get a call.

17. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I guess it depends on your philosophy.

A.) OKay, season's not over til the fat chick sings. Give your team the best chance to win.

But are we really going for that long shot? Make the playoffs in the last wildcard spot. Just to get embarrassed by Denver.

B.) Tank? Make Sanchez look bad. Secure a top ten draft pick. Move on.

Tankings gay (offensive?) retarded (offensive) stupid (might as well say retarded, synonyms and all), for pussys (offensive?)

C.) Dude, we're on a two game roll. Our D can carry us. Playoffs look bleek, but we just won. It's late in the season, roll with what we got.

The only way Edwards make sense is if you're an A.

Im a C.

18. Cynic

Cynic New Member

This shuts up any haters on Braylon's game. Even the Jets thought he played very well here clearly.

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

It's time for tanny to swallow his pride and make the call.

It's Time for some B-B-B-B-B-B-Braybach Music

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Making the fucking call Tanny.