Tebow fans: What's worse?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jetsetter34, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

hahahaha he passed him an 8-8 team that lost all 3 games they needed to win to actually WIN the division not get it handed to them on a technicality, he was also handed one of the worst offensive teams and lowest scoring teams in the NFL. But lets not mention that. And he won a single playoff game... oh wow! How did the next week go? Oh I remember one of the worst games by a qb in a long time.

2. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

funny... no mention of which one you hate the most.

because I know in your heart you wished Denver failed, Manning got hurt and Tebow somehow became the starting qb in NY. I do this merely because you guys deserve it. You came in here guns blazing talking up tebow like he was jesus himself, denegrating the Broncos and making predictions of doom and gloom in Denver. Talking about how the Jets and their fans had no idea how great they had it with Tebow on the team, how his leadership would fix the lockeroom and his awesome work ethic would rub off on his teamates.

Well not a single one of your predictions is true.

Denver may get the #2 in the playoffs could finish 12-4 or even 13-3, tebow hasnt started shit in ny, the team is still a mess on the field and in the lockeroom and 99% of the fucking stories about MY JETS are about your hero.

So yes, I do take pleasure in your misery! I love it in fact. And I blame you and Tebow for making my Jets even worse.

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Shouldn't you be watching your team play?

Oh look... A Sanchez turnover...

4. Jetsetter34

Jetsetter34 New Member

I am and god i hate that ferking guy!

5. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Something we all can agree on :beer:

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I guess they couldn't simulate the Jets D good enough in practice last year. He would have looked REAL good considering what he did to them.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No no no no no.

Don't even try it, man. Tebow took over at 1-4. He does not inherit the Pre-Tebow losses. Nice try.

He handed Peyton Manning an 8-5 team that won the division and a playoff game. Considering the Broncos were one of the worst NFL teams before Tebow took over, that is quite a feat.

8. Potzer

Potzer New Member

The talking heads gushing over the zone read offenses created for rg3, kaepernick, newton. That's the only bad part of this.

I ponder how the jets would look, if Tebow was used the way we were guessing/hoping in training camp etc. Back when the Tebow/Wildcat was thought of as a weapon. Instead of merely being Tim up the middle for 1 1/2.

#48 Potzer, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  9. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Umm, doesn't really matter to me, apparently you've never read my post. Tebow shouldn't be a starter, but good try none the less. Pretty good fail though, so option 10 is the best.

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Jacob Tamme is a play maker, and he was not with Denver last year.

But lets be honest, Manning could get Tamme-esque production out of just about any tight end in the league. Look at Dallas Clark for example. He was a fucking rock star under Manning, and has been essentially nonexistent this year with only 340 yards receiving and only 4 TDs in Tampa, despite Josh Freeman having a career year.

So your point is still very valid. Manning is getting top 5 offensive production out of the same team that was 2nd to last in passing under Tebow.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Look at 2010, he made BLAIR WHITE look like a good receiver. Manning can make piss into wine.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Peyton Manning is a HOF QB and arguably one of the best to ever play the game. I would hope this was the case.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Besides one guy in another thread, nobody is comparing Peyton to Tebow. Clearly Peyton was going to play better, it was just interesting to see how the neck affect his play, and clearly it really hasn't

14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Jacob Tamme has helped, and so has Brandon Stokely. It might not show from a production standpoint for him personally, but I think anyone with a clue would say that he's helped with the rest of the receiving corps.

What many fail to understand/realize/remember is that Decker and Thomas were both inexperienced 2nd year receivers last year. Prior to the start of 2011, Decker had a grand total of 6 career receptions and Thomas had a whopping 22. Just for comparison, Stephen Hill has 21 receptions for us this year.

That said, let's look at Thomas last year. He was injured most of his rookie year, and he got injured at the beginning of 2011. When he finally was cleared to play, he was out of condition due to the achilles injury. He really wasn't in "game shape" until the 12th game of the season.

So, let's look at his stats for the last 5 games with Tebow throwing the ball to him. He avg'ed 5 catches per game, for 89.6 yds and 0.6 TDs per game. Extending that out over a 16 game season would give him 80 catches for 1433.6 yards, 17.92 aypc and 9.6 TDs. That's with Tebow.

BTW, these stats DON'T include the playoff game against Pitt, so they aren't skewed by that phenomenal performance.

Now, let's put those stats into proper perspective. I would presume that everyone here is familiar with Victor Cruz ? here are his stats from last year:

82 catches, 1536 yards, 18.73 aypc, with 9 TDs

Again, Thomas' stats:

80 catches, 1433.6 yards, 17.92 aypc and 9.6 TDs

BTW, if we extend Thomas's stats out for this year, with Manning passing to him:

91 catches, 1473.23 yards, 16.17 aypc and 9.85 TDs.

As you can clearly see, what kept DThomas from being a highly ranked receiver last year was that injuries kept him out of a lot of games, and it took him while to get into "game" shape when he came back. It wasn't because Tebow was his QB.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

^Yes lets say that 5 games with Tebow is the same as 13 with Manning

This is the problem with you groupies. You try to act like a small sample size is indicative of sustained success.

Just like we all know Tebow couldn't maintain a 7-4 winning % over the course of a career, we all know Thomas would never have a 1400 yd 10 TD year with Tebow at the helm.

OMG Guys! Tebow went 7-4 if we extend that out to 5 seasons that means he would go like 50-30 over 5 years!!!!

#55 BeastBeach, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  16. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I've never in my life seen a group of people so desperate to validate a shitty quarterback that they in turn constantly embarrass themselves.

Tim Tebow is a terrible quarterback, and has failed to win the starting job from arguably the worst quarterback in the league. He would never have saw the field last year either but Orton conveniently played himself out of a job.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tebow sucks, but is he worse than Skelton/Lindley?

18. General Fan

General Fan New Member

technicality? you mean like the standings and division wins?

and what is your beef with a playoff victory? there are about 15 franchises that haven't won a single playoff game in the last ten years. Tebow and his fans should rightly be proud of what he did.

19. General Fan

General Fan New Member

I have never seen a group of small people who travel around internet message boards to harass and denigrate others based on their fandom of anything. And you think Tebow fans embarass themselves? From what I can tell, you're a Bronco fan with some weird axe to grind....but yeah, continue explaining how fans of a football player are weird.

20. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

I've never in my life seen a group of people so desperate to tear down a young quarterback, that they constantly embarrass themselves.

Tim Tebow is a young quarterback, and was never given the opportunity to compete against arguably the worst quarterback in the league, because Mark is Rex's guy. He would never have seen the field last year either, if it were up to bigoted, "fans" who hate Tebow for nothing to do with playing football.