2012 Week 14 New York Jets @ Jacksonville Jaguars thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This. I'd bet on Mark Sanchez having a career game on Sunday.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I see a game between 2 crappy teams that should at least be way more entertaining than last week...... and being more excited about tailgating with my family as I haven't been to a JETS game in a few years. :jets:

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Why though? No seriously, why?

That's what you want to happen. His back against the wall, and he comes out and has a game where it will leave us saying "McElroy who?" .

If Sanchez cannot perform even half-decent against the Jags, he deserves to ride the bench.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Why, you ask? Because the Jags have one of the worst defenses in the league, and Sanchez almost always plays well against bad defenses. He will also be motivated and doesn't want to get benched again. Extra motivation plus terrible defense = Sanchez success. This is the perfect game to play Sanchez, and Rex knows it. It will help him gain his confidence back. You let Tebow or McElroy start, Sanchez is done. I mean, why even bench somebody if it's not used as a motivational tool? There's no reason to think otherwise, but yeah, if he doesn't play well this Sunday, it will probably be his last game.

Of course its what I want to happen and any legitimate Jets fan should want the same. We have a lot of money guaranteed to Sanchez next year, the best outcome for the team as a whole is for him to turn it around and snap out of this funk he's been in. Otherwise we have wasted tons of money and have to look elsewhere and it will hurt the team when we have to use money on another QB that could have been used to provide weapons for him that he's lacked the last couple years.

#44 Barcs, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Remembef Dwight Lowery? He played well for them for a year and got paid. Then he packed it in.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The thing with Sanchez is that under any other coach, he would have been benched a LONG time ago. The fact that Rex is mollycoddling him is not good for his development. I hope that Sanchez actually learns from this and becomes better.

If Sanchez plays poorly in the first quarter against Jacksonville, would you bench him?

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's been hurt for almost half the season this year.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

#48 TurkJetFan, Dec 6, 2012
  9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez will go 17/28 for 219 with 2 tds and a pick. We win 28-21

Lets see how far off I am Sunday evening

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, you were right with your gut feeling for the Patriots game.

I think we win by a bit more than a touchdown, tbh. We shouldn't even need Mark Sanchez.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Jags have 31st ranked O and D. We must cockslap them... I can see us winning with either of the 3 QBs starting. That's how big a mess the Jags are.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Some of those games have low yardage, though. He's thrown for 350+ a few times. Sometimes the TDs don't always add up because of rushing TDs. He has thrown for 4 TDs before. I think it was early 2011.

I think he'll have a similar game to the Bills game. Around 70% completion, 300 yards (unless it becomes a blowout and we start running it like crazy or the run game just dominates like with the Colts), 2-3 TDs, no turnovers, 100+ QB rating. I'm not getting into QBR because it depends on come from behind / clutch touchdowns and if it's a blowout as it should be, his QBR will not be as high as it could be.

What if I wagered a Sanchez jersey youtube burning? A lot of folks on here would absolutely LOVE that. What would you wager to counter that? I'm saying he has to be close to his best games, not that he will definitely have his absolute best game of his career. So if the comp% is 68 or yards are like 280, or if the running game dominates that could easily change Sanchez's numbers (and it could because their run D SUCKS) but absolutely on the zero turnovers and 100+ QB rating. Let me know what you want to put on the line and I'll get back to you on whether I agree and what the exact terms are.

13. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

we win 35-3 - sanchez goes 18/23 - 290 yd 2 tds

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Jets lose 6-3 if sanchez starts and plays whole game

Jets win 10-3 if he doesn't

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

if we can agree on the measuring point if I win you don't post until the Superbowl and visa versa. we can already agree on one bargaining..that sanchez WILL turn the ball over.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ehhh, that stipulation isn't really any fun. I don't want ya gone. How about this. If I lose, I won't say a positive thing about Sanchez until next season. I'll pack it in and give up my support. Any Sanchez conversation I have to be negative. If you lose, you aren't allowed to say anything negative about Sanchez until next season. If we are talking Sanchez, you must express your manlove. Could be pretty funny, either way.

Here's some criteria. The bet should be something like 3 categories out of 5. If Sanchez posts higher #s than below, I win, except of course turnovers which would be less than.

TDS: 2
    Comp%: 70
    Yards: 300
    Turnovers: 1
    QB Rating: 100

Something like that.

#56 Barcs, Dec 6, 2012
  17. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

Jets win 17-6

Our defense played fucking great against zona. I can't believe some of you thinking that the jags will score 20 points.

Regardless of who starts we ground and pound them just like we did in the rams and colts blowouts.

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

You could also get someone to make a pro or anti Sanchez signature or something. I'm kind of interested to see what happens in this bet now.

19. kerley11

kerley11 Member

Shorts is now officially listed as out according to jags beat writer Ryan O'Halloran. I really cannot see the jaguars moving the ball at all. I honestly feel like they may have more trouble than the cards did, if that's possible. Cro is going to eliminate Blackmon and they are down to a 4th string RB. Almost all of their other receivers were signed within the month. Henne is better than Lindley, but I think their offense is going to be in real trouble. Only way I see them scoring is on a pick six or fumble recovery. Please Mark, just take care of the football.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Adam Schefter just tweeted Cecil Shorts is out. Rashad Jennings is questionable with a concussion.