Sanchez will start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetiron

jetiron New Member

100% agree. The way Sanchez is coddled and pampered despite horrific performances suggest only one thing, he is very good at kissing the hands that matters - coach and GM. I always find it unbearable to hear Sanchez post game corporate-like garbage regurgitation on how everyone must get better, as if the weekly post-mortem script he pisses off is suppose to win support from most of the fans just because his dumb mgmt Rex+Co buys it.

#361 jetiron, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

this is the same kind of stubbornness that got his dad fired in both Philly and Arizona. they know defense but are clueless on offense. suckchise couldn't even play with lindley last sunday. McElroy comes in with NO first team reps and should have put up 2 TDs on the scoreboard.

what a mess. if j-ville wins, watch out, woody! :mad:

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

When you have no good choices you make bad choices.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

sanchez played right with lindley, if not better. the only reason lindley didnt have more ints is he was so inaccurate the ball wasn't catchable by anyone. he literally had no idea where the ball was going when it left his hand. mark,by comparison, was only off by a foot or two on each throw.

that said, he is on a very short leash.the first benching is the hardest, rex will find it comes much easier now

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

dance with the devil you know

6. titan999

titan999 Active Member

The season is over. They had nothing to lose by sitting Sanchez's a$$ and seeing what they might have in McElroy.

7. Br4d

The season's not over yet. Another loss or two and it will be but it's not over yet.

The Jets need a total reboot on offense next year to make things better but that's not going to happen given the cap and the commitment to Sanchez. It's depressing to put it mildly.

8. Br4d

That's obviously Rex's attitude at this point.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the fact that tannybum and soprano wanted suckchise to start proves that the fans and woody were right.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Dude they have millions upon millions of dollars invested in Sanchez plus a first round pick, It isn't as easy as you make it sound especially when he has already been here for four years, Not to mention the 8 million plus he makes next season

11. Br4d

No, all it proves is that the Jets don't have another NFL caliber QB on the roster.

If McElroy was any good he'd be starting this week. If Tebow was any good he'd have been starting from the bye. They both suck and so we wind up with one of the worst starting QB's in recent memory secure in his position late in a season in which the Jets actually still have an outside shot at the playoffs.

12. titan999

titan999 Active Member

Except the owner, who signs Sanchez's obscene checks, wanted him benched. Woody understands the concept of sunk cost. It's sad that Woody can see when a QB is completely cooked and gone, mentally, and the people he pays to manage and coach the team cannot.

13. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

That is the only thing he is good at. Trying to convince people and some fans with his mouth (not his play) that he is an elite level quarterback.

The guy is slightly undersized (average height is 6-3)
    He has an average arm, not a cannon.
    He doesn't have the ability to stand and move around in the pocket like big guys like Rothesberger.
    Or run over people like Newton or Tebow.
    Yet he doesn't have the speed or agility of a Vick or RGIII.
    Yet when he gets hit he's as fragile as Vick or RGIII and coughs the ball up.
    He's not very accurate.
    And he throws boatloads of interceptions.

What exactly is his strength?
    What makes him elite or even good?
    All he has is his mouth.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'm on record numerous times that I think Sanchez is a HORRENDOUS quarterback. With that said, I really think the right decision was made. If Tebow was 100% healthy I'd want him to start ... especially in Jacksonville ... buit since he's not, I can live with Sanchez.

Under no circumstances would I want McElroy starting a game when we still have a mathematical shot at the playoffs. Why? ... first of all the guy can't throw the football. I saw all I need to see with the 7 passes he threw on Sunday. If you think he has an NFL arm, you're crazy. Sanchez is as dumb as a stone and has zero pocket presence, but at least he can make NFL throws, and on rare occasions, actually look like he can play. Tebow can't throw but at least he's a leader and he's proven he can win games in the NFL. Maybe McElroy can do that too, but this is not the time to find out. As long as you're still alive, there's no way you can gamble your playoff chances on a guy with ZERO NFL STARTS.

Secondly ... what happens if Rex let McElroy start the last four games against the worst teams in the league and we actually squeaked into the playoffs? Then what?? He'd be stuck going into the playoffs with a QB who's started 4 NFL games against lousy competition. Are you telling me you'd be confident going to Baltimore, NE or Denver with him as our QB? "Nice job kid ... now go down there and take care of those Ravens!" Do you think ANY coach in the league would sign up for that?? At least Sanchez and Tebow both have playoff experience. It would be a different story if McElroy started playing 4 or 5 weeks ago ... and maybe he should have ... but it's too late now.

Sanchez sucks ... but we're stuck with the guy. If they refuse to play Tebow, then the best we can do is hope he can "un-suck" just enough to get us through the rest of the year.

15. Mindtornado

Mindtornado New Member

Wow. There is such a thing as a rational Jets fan.

16. jetiron

jetiron New Member

Yeah, Sanchez starting is probably the right move because we've beaten terrible teams with him this year although Sanchez nearly single handedly blew that last one. If we were up against a top team at home, I really think McElroy would give us a better chance to win because mentally weak Sanchez would fold up and crumble like a cheap suit when he hears the boos from the home crowd.

The QB situation is made worse because the coach and gm did not bring any legitimate noteworthy backup with real possibility of displacing Sanchez if he sucked for this long. The fact that the organization picked up Tebow and try to paint him as some viable backup is crap and all the talk about bringing competition to Sanchez this year from Rex is b.s...I said the happiest man in camp when Tebow was signed up should be Sanchez.

But even Rex probably didn't think Sanchez will be that bad, but now reality sets in and QB choices are stark and dire, so Rex is left making delusional speeches about how great his QB situation. Sure, start Sanchez this week, that is probably right choice by default because that is the way they set it up from the start. Why they want to protect Sanchez from real competition and give him boat load of money for extension is beyond me. Sanchez must be buying lots of steak dinners for Rex.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Let me ask you this....if the Jets wind up the 6th seed by hook or by crook, who'd you rather have playing? Someone who's 'been there done that' or someone who was born with a noodle arm who's never started an NFL game in their entire life?

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'd honestly play the noodle arm McElroy. I have the feeling he won't be trying to throw the game away.

19. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen New Member

this is just freaking hilarious, I can't even get mad at this stuff anymore.

its not even about the "he gives us the best chance to win", its the fact that he has done absolutely nothing to earn it. McElroy did in fact earn the start, but regardless, Sanchez has not shown any reason he deserves to be out there. This just downright stubborn and its hilarious this organization refuses to admit mistakes until its too late.

Hopefully Sanchez plays well, but it's still a joke the way this organization operates.

#379 IWillPeeGreen, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I hope this is motivation tactic Mark, Rex is trying to ignite his fighting spirit. Instead of getting reps to Tebow/McElroy, he actually benched him.

It did work for a game last year after the Jets got Tebowed last year and Sanchez threw 4 TDs the next game against the Bills after Rex took snaps away from Sanchez in practice. Heck it worked when Fox took first team snaps away from Tebow before the Pittsburgh playoff game after Tebow shit the bed against the Chiefs at home.

Guess we find out how much mental strength he has. Even as a fan of Tim, I hope Mark does well, 4-2 in the playoffs is no fluke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.