What will you remember about Tebow as a Jet?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 3, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I don't hate him at all. I just hate hearing about him all the time. All the Tebow fans keep saying just give him a chance,but he hasn't earned a chance and he just not a NFL QB. Even Denver players are saying that today.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I'm sick of people saying, he is a poor practice player. He has to become a better practice player if he is ever going to EARN an oppurtunity to start. It is not fair to any other player on the team if the main Guy you are starting isn't doing the little details in practice.

I do feel for Tebow because he did show flashes of being a descent QB, and accomplish things when he was given a chance. But the rest of the league he is a gimmick. Completing less than 50% of your passes in unacceptable at the NFL level, heck in college it is unacceptable.

It is a what have you done for me lately world, and for Tebow, it is not much.

Also most of the Tebow haters don't hate him personal, they hate the attention he gets. I agree, though I think RG3 gets too much attention and endorsements as a rookie.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I have no problem with RG3 attention and endorsements. He went 2 over all in the draft plus look what he doing as a rookie. Compare his # to Tebows first 12 games. I didn't look it up but I bet there a hell of a lot better then Tebow.

4. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

2056 passing 14 TD passing 5 int 678 rushing 7 rushing TD total yards 2734

2660 passing 17 TD passing 4 int. 714 rushing 6 rushing TD total yards 3374

Pretty close with only 53 yards more a game and he throws a lot better, but I got to tell ya I watched the game tonight and I love the offensive scheme that they run with him. It is bad ass to watch. Does anyone know the scheme they run, I'm not to good with schemes and such?

5. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

#25 hutch2426, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

They are running spread-option offense+west coast offense. The interesting part is spread-option offense which is considered gimmick by most established NFL experts. BTW Tebow is at his best when running spread-option offense. He must be dying to have a chance to play for Skins offense system now. He can run those option plays while sleep walking. Few players can hand over/pitch better than him. Sadly nobody in this coaching staff has a clue what's happening at Washington.

7. jetsqueen

jetsqueen New Member

The fact is Tebow has not been given a fair opportunity on this team!!!

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The fake punts, and that sadly we couldnt find a use for his talents on offense (even if it wasnt at qb).

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Why should he get a fair chance? Before u start throwing out stats look at Sanchez has done for the jets.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Actually, getting a look at all IS getting a chance. He simply failed to convince the coaches that he is indeed a better option than Sanchez.

That's part of Tebow's job. Tebowners seem to think giving Tebow the starting job is some sort of a birthright for Tebow and he's simply getting screwed. Lots of guys don't get starting time. Why? Because they weren't good enough to convince the coaching staff they are more deserving than the guys on the roster ahead of them.

Maybe his third team in a year might take a chance and put him in despite what they see EVERY FUKKIN DAY on the practice field.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How dare u say that about Tebow. Lol. Look at what did in Denver. Lol. He so good he got to the playoffs at 8-8. Lol

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I will remember Rex being stubborn.

13. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I think he was 7 and 4 or something. He wasn't great but no need to insinuate that he went 8-8. I'd say that isn't to bad for not starting the year with the team, I'm not seeing the LOL, must be at the 4th year QB with a crap load of starts that got pulled last game? Right?

I don't think Tebow will ever be a starter, but no need to lie.

14. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

hutch I don't think #1JF actually intended to lie. I've noticed lately that he appears to be in the early stages of MSU. You know that old folk disease called Making Stuff Up.

SF

15. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I enjoy reading the debates about him as it keeps me occupied and its fun to see where he goes and does. There are some smart folks on both sides of the debate. What I don't like is pure B.S. like the made it with and 8-8 record when he only started 11 games. I understand folks don't like him and some to much, but it's outrageous.

It's the same as the stats I looked up and post about RG and him, I was interested in looking it and he has to more touchdowns the Tebow in his first twelve games with an offense tailored to him. That's a little over 1 more point a game, I found that very interesting, also that he only averaged 50 yards a game more.

I enjoy the factual good or bad, but putting a degrading comment with a lie is absurd. I do enjoy the fact finding things like the Broncos were 30th in T.O.P., before Tebow and 5th with him. Interesting things out there and fun to look up. I hear about the 3 and out stat. Anyone have the site to look that up? I'd like to break that one down too. Makes a boring day a little better!

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The offense would have to be altered a little bit to be better for Tebow. The offense creates a lot of 1 vs 1 matchups which favors Tebow, but Tebow would need to be consistently accurate to run it to the same success. Tebow doesn't seem to have RGIII's speed but he can obviously take hits better so that evens out where when RGIII has to slide he can pick up 3-4 yards and not worry the coaches about getting hurt.

Add in Shannahan can turn any RB into a 1000 yard rusher.

17. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Maybe Jets can get a 4th or 5th round from Skins by trading Tebow there. That will be a win-win-win situation for everyone.

18. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

19. ozrodmd

ozrodmd New Member

My idea exactly. Could not stop thinking that Tebow would be a better backup for Redskins cause he could do the read option stuff. Cousins is not as mobile so 1/2 of the offense would be discarded. As for the main topic I would say the only deep pass he threw out of wildcat. Nice throw and spiral alas not caught. Tebow couldn't have played worse than Arizona's QB maybe they would want him. He does throw a good deep ball ask Pittsburgh. Fitzgerald might get a catch.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How come u left out the QB rating and comp %? When u looked up the stats?