Manti Te'o.....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by b.reyes16, Dec 4, 2012.

1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Manti Te'o is the kind if player that can turn a franchise around. With the kind of disunity lack of leadership that this team has had this and last season, this guy can really help out. I font think I've seen the kind if leadership ability he has since Ray lewis came out. When you think if some of the greatest defenses of all time, the one position that seems to always be above and beyond is inside linebacker.

You think of guys like Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus, Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis, etc.

All of them have anchored some incredible defenses. If Manti Te'o is available and we don't take him, the Jets are really going to regret it. Don't relive the Sapp draft.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Sadly He'll be gone before we draft, unless we lose like 3 or 4 of the remaining 4 games, but at worst we'll go 2-2 and miss the playoffs and miss out on the couple of special players in this years draft.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

There is absolutely no way the Jets pass up this guy.

But we wont ever know. I see him going top 5 easy, top 3 most likely.

Barring combine disaster or injury.

4. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

Yeh, he'll be well off the board

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hey may just end up going 1st overall, this draft is ass

6. 1968jetsfan

I doubt he goes number 1 or number 2, just because the top two teams in the draft, or at least the Chiefs, are desperate for a QB. Quinn is viewed as a stop gap. Living in Kansas City I don't see any way the Chiefs go any way but QB with the first pick, at least not if they want to avoid riots at Arrowhead.

But it is possible the Chiefs might try to bluff in to a trade down to get someone to overpay for the slot.

That said, Inside linebackers seldom go in the top 5, but in this years draft he may very well.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Not ass, just not many good QBs.

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm calling it now. he WILL be a Jet. I don't know how, but he will.

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

We wont even sniff him unless we traded up. He'll be a top 5 pick with ease.

10. 1968jetsfan

Personally from my point of view, if Teo, Jones and Warmack are off the board, trade down if someone is willing. Heck I'd even trade down maybe if Warmack was on the board if the offer was at least a second rounder. There isnt' much I like for mid to upper first round this year.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Not many, if any teams will want to trade up to where the Jets will be drafting. After the top 5-8 , the quality drops significantly.

12. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Don't see any way possible he is on the board by the time we get to pick.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Unfortunately you're right, the Te'o hype (Heisman Candidate) and love has taken over the country.

If Te'o isn't a top 5 pick, those 5 teams GMs should be fired immediately.

14. 1968jetsfan

From a draftnik point of view your right, but there are always teams that Covet certain players, or types of players, especially if the draft is thin at a position and they really want it. You could use the Jets as a good argument here. I think we'll see more pick trading now that there's a rookie salary cap in place. We saw more trading last year and I think we could see that again this year. honestly as deep as the middle of this draft is I'd settle for a couple extra 3rds along the way.

15. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

im not entirely sure hes a top 5 pick or even a top 10.

dude literally goes from 0 picks to 7 this season. ive read that his coverage skills are suspect. i also read that luke kuechly was more talented and he went 9th overall.

i wouldn't 100% rule out manti being on this team, only 90%

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Kuechly was also in a draft with a top of top end talent. Te'o does not have that problem. Andrew Luck, RG3, Richardson, Matt Kalil, Morris Claiborne, any one of those guys would also go in the top 5 or 6 this year. Only Star and Te'o challenge then from a pure talent standpoint. This year Te'o could go much higher than you expect a MLB due to both a weak draft at the top end and the salary slotting system that is in place.

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah i guess you're right. this draft has no standout QB, WR, or RB. it seems like its filled with more defensive talent.

i know this is a manti teo board, what lets say hypothetically it comes down to jarvis jones and manti teo (which i know it never will), who do you pick?

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That is a very hard decision. From a purely football standpoint I take Jones because the Jets need an edge rushing OLB in the worst way. The problem is his spine issue. I have only been able to find conflicting reports on how it will affect his NFL future, Some say it could significantly shorten his career, some say no big deal. Jones is the ultimate wildcard for me that way.

All said, Te'o is within the top five or six players of this draft and I would not mind at all if he becomes a Jet.