Tanny wants Mark to start. Woody wants GMac.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Organized Chaos, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Manish fabricating sources again. Pffft

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is the real story here. both woody and tannenbaum should have input. i have no problem with that.

what i do have a problem with is the constant leaks, it shows poor leadership by the aforementioned woody and tannenbaum. and THAT is a big problem.

3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Why does it matter who Tannenbaum wants? He's the GM, not the coach. This organization is so dysfunctional. Have you ever heard of a head coach admit to having to consult the GM on who should start any given week? Did John Harbaugh tell the media he had to check with Trent Baalke first on whether to go with Kaepernick?

The owner? He should leave the football decisions to people he hired to do their jobs. But hey, it's his team.

By the way, as much as I've bashed Sanchez on here for his performance, ultimately, Jets' fans misery on this should be laid at the feet of Tannenbaum. Sanchez is who he is. He's doing the best he can.

If Tannenbaum had only whiffed on Sanchez, that would be one thing. But instead of owning up to his mistake and moving on, after getting Heisman'ed by Peyton Manning he inexplicably gives #6 a contract extension in the offseason with plenty of guaranteed money and no escape clauses.

#43 al_toon_88, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Ill leave it to Rex to make the right decision for Sunday.Sanchez could have success against JAX anyway we just need to win this game whoever the QB is

5. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I just want to know who starts now! This is seriously equivalent to finding out what team a big free agent signs with.

6. LongIslandBlitz

No its not, We are irrelavent and need a miracle to happen to make the playoffs. No matter who starts the chances of us making the playoffs are almost impossible now thanks to the Lions and Ravens blowing it

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ryan Lindley.

That's why the move made sense in this game. Sanchez was having a terrible day even by his standards. One score might well be all the Jets needed to win the game and lo and behold it was.

If the Cardinals get a FG after the Jets TD then we're playing from behind and the whole complexion of the game changes. The Cardinals put 8 men in the box and force the Jets to beat them in the air.

Really they should have done that anyway. The aggressive defense they played helped the Jets more than the Cards. They should have made McElroy beat them.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol Manish mehta

9. LongIslandBlitz

Lindley was hard to watch, He had Fitzgerald open like 4 times and either didn't see him or threw a horrible pass caught by one of the coaches on the sidelines

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I want to know how shit like this is even revealed to the public.

11. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Sanchez has broken down so badly that at this point he almost guarantees losses for the Jets. I mean, how often do teams pull out a W when their QB turns the ball over 3 or 4 times a game? Sticking with Sanchez now would either signal that the team is giving up on the season or that they just can't admit to themselves that they should have made a change a lot earlier in the year - or both.

If Sanchez does start against Jax, they should be ready to yank him immediately after the FIRST boneheaded play that he makes.

12. redworld

redworld New Member

Kaepernick is Harbaugh and Baalke's guy. They drafted him and not Alex Smith so Baalke was almost certainly on board with it.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Woody should stay the hell out of team affairs. Unfortunately, he's right on this one - start Greg Montana.

14. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

We need to start Sanchez. We need as many losses as possible for a low draft pick that can be either taken or traded for multiple picks. Mark should have been left in last week. Playoffs, you must be kidding. One and done as usual. Been there, done that. No thanks.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Finally some positive smart thinking!

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

This......completely dysfunctional.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

See, now Rex is pissing me off.

You are the HC and make the decisions from your experience of what you've seen, shit even your gut.

Fuk the clowns in the suits!

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

All this tells me is Woody should fire Tanny!

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Rex having a team meeting with Sporano, Tanny, Woody...Wish Jets 24/7 was on

Cant get better than this witht he comedy

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

LOL all the "experts" on this forum must find themselves in a weird position. On the same side of the argument as a man who they have mocked for lacking football knowledge.