Anyone else think Sanchez will come out next week as a new player?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 3, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Nope. While McElroy rode a strong run game and didn't show much, I'd rather see McElroy now that we made the switch. See what he has. I was against switching because I'm afraid this offense might setback the QB we switche to, but sparano tightened up his playcalling with Greg there. Hopefully he does it again. Remember with Sanchez in ne on 3rd and goal from the 2 we want shotgun twice I believe. Here we ran, ran, pa bootleg that always has someone open

2. BookEndTackles 72&79

I'd take it a step further that if Rex goes back to Sanchez this year then Rex should be done as well. Sanchez is just too much of a symbol of futility and he can't lead at this point due to his failure. Tebow or McElroy at a minimum at least bring an element of something to rally around.

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

on the whole, i'm glad sanchez was benched and i hope they dont play him any more.
    but, if he does start again, i'd like to see him - for once - just let 'er rip. on the one hand, i think sanchez is a skilled but ultimately mentally unfit qb.
    but i also see a handcuffed player - probably for good reason. but i would like to see him with no radio in his ear. i wonder how the offense would look if he made all the calls. just once. it'd probably be a disaster, but i'd like to see it.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

There is only one sanchez

no he stunk as a rookie, stunk as a second and third year player and stinks now

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't think he will respond by stepping up big and becoming a "new" player. If he could do that, he would've done so already from the Tebow acquisition and training camp circus.

Before the season I thought maybe the problem was the head on his shoulders and that maybe he would react favorably, but now I don't think that's the case.

At this point you have to feel it's not a lack of focus but a lack of ability. Sanchez has been struggled for quite some time with turnovers and if it was just an attitude thing, he would've corrected it by now. I don't think its a matter of him not wanting or caring enough to turn things around- he just can't. He's trying his best to right the ship, but that's not going to help him thread the needle or keep the ball out of the opponent's hands.

Benching him isn't going to help him or hurt him either way at this point IMO

6. McFreek

McFreek New Member

call me a pessimist or whatever but besides "pride" what do we have to lose? Start McElroy. I'm actually hoping we finish 5-11 so we can get a higher draft pick, b/c if we get into the playoffs or close we're going to get bounced in the 1st round. I'd rather have a terrible record and get a high draft pick rather than get to playoffs and get bounced in the 1st and get a mid-round pick

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^If we make the playoffs we will have won 5 in a row and will be one of the hottest teams in football. There's no reason to think 1st round exit. We don't play series in the NFL, it's one game and we almost beat the Texans and Patriots. Denver would be a tough one as would the Ravens, although their offense has stunk it up since that blowout. We'll see.

I hope this motivates him. We sure need him to. This benching could be the best thing that ever happened to him. Remember 2010, when we started struggling and Brunell started taking some practice snaps from him? He started stepping it up again and beat Pittsburgh. This could be the perfect motivation for him. We're against the Jags though. Not like they are a powerhouse on offense OR defense, although Henne has looked decent lately. I think they will start him and if he continues the slump on his first drive (maybe 2nd drive at most), McElroy will be back.

#47 Barcs, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

New player, as in finding new ways to embarrass himself?

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The jaguars defense is nothing special so it won't surprise me to see sanchez have a good game

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Can't see it.

12. McFreek

McFreek New Member

I do agree that we'd be one of the hottest teams, but this team isnt anywhere as strong as the previous teams that made a run. we play JAC TEN SD BUF, not exactly the strongest teams but like you said we'll see

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't know what's more pathetic. The actual "buttfumble" itself, or that that fatass actually went and paid to get that on his shirt....

14. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

I just think Sanchez's confidence is shot at the moment. Whenever he is about to throw an interception, he takes too long to decide and pumps the football where he's going to throw it. I don't know if it's lack of faith in receivers or if he can't see over the D-Linemen or what, but he's unsure of himself, unsure he's going to complete a pass and he hesitates.

If Rex is smart, McElroy starts next week. If McElroy lights the world on fire, great. If he crashes and burns, then nobody can complain (much) if Rex goes back to Sanchez. If Sanchez starts, the first butt-fumble or INT that happens there will be calls for McElroy and that'll happen every ugly play on offense.

That said, I think Rex is going back to Sanchez. That's my gut feeling.

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I absolutely do

He's gonna write the shit out of that clipboard

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

My friends were all laughing at Sanchez with the clipboard saying he's doing color by numbers, or saying he's writing, "I will not throw terrible interceptions" repeatedly ala Bart Simpson on the chalkboard.

This game will unquestionably be Sanchez's last chance to turn it around. If he stinks it up early, he's done for the year. His benching in the last game drove that into his head. I'm sure that affected him and he would love nothing more than another chance. Hopefully he breaks the funk. This may be his last start ever as a Jet, but I do feel he will get his last chance.

17. Combustible Rextible

No. There is nothing in Sanchez's performance this year to give any hope that he will turn it around. Give him a clipboard and a visor for the rest of the season.

18. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Those new jerseys aren't so bad looking I noticed. How are the replica jerseys compared to reebok?

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It's Mcelroy's turn. Let him play the rest of the season and QB battle at training camp start of next season.

20. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The shirt has nothing to do with the Sanchez Thanksgiving play.
    That's actually the guy's name.