Anyone else think Sanchez will come out next week as a new player?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Dec 3, 2012.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yep. If this doesn't fire him up, then there's nothing that the Jets can do with him, other teams might.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Doubt it - it's far too late now.

3. McFreek

McFreek New Member

So if sanchez comes out as a "new" player is it because he has a fire lit under his ass or is it because he will be facing the Jaguars and the 31st ranked defense in YPG allowed? If he does get the start I think he'll play well but I dont if it'll be because of the benching or the Jags defense.

#23 McFreek, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  4. NFL

NFL Active Member

I meant come out and played well because of the benching. Pretty much because of the fire under his ass. And not only perform well against the Jags, but perform well against the rest of the teams that we'll be playing.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

do you really think sanchez issues stem from "not having enough fire/motivation"?

because i really cant see how thats the case.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah he was a cocky little fuck his first two years, they let him throw the ball deep he had a lot more options. That has all fallen.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

its not that his problem is lack of motivation, but rather a situation like this will either bring out the best or worst in him. there was a lot of criticism that mark never had to earn his job. well, now he does. hes been benched for the first time in his career, and to a player there is no clearer a sign that you are not playing well besides getting benched. he now knows that he has hit the wall, and he either needs to rise above or be passed over.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Motivation isn't going to fix an inability to complete passes under pressure.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I hope so, this should be Sanchez's last chance. Like when Reid benched McNabb.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sanchez will come out as a player against the Jags (like he did against the Rams after that pathetic trashing we got) And then the following week throw 4 INTs to Chargers DB's and get blown out

11. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

What is sanchez' qb rating this year?
    What is sanchez' career qb rating?
    Which sanchez comes out next week?
    Is there a difference?

12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

How many times have we asked if Sanchez will play great next week after a horrible performance? Over 4 years, it's been a a lot. He's been given every opportunity and he has failed.

The reality is that we don't have an NFL-caliber QB on the roster, and the outlook for help on the way looks dim. It's a pretty weak draft for franchise QBs, and FA prospects look pretty bleak, both in terms of players and available money.

Bottom line - Our team is going to suck ass for a while, and we need to focus on trimming the fat off our roster and building through the draft as part of a long term strategy. That way, maybe we can compete by the time Brady retires.

13. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Every time Sanchez would take the field or start of the season I would tell myself he's going to be electric and really take a huge step and be our guy, but I'm kind of done with that.

14. BookEndTackles 72&79

Sanchez and only Sanchez played himself off the field. Hopefully he never sees another snap in a Jets uniform again.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Basically, no.

He can hold McElroy's gloves and talk life with Tebro.

16. JetsVilma28

It got to the point that every time I hear the words "Sanchez drops back to pass" or I see with my own eyes Sanchez drop back to pass, I cringe. Needless to say, I'm glad his act in the circus is over.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

Insanity is, putting Mark Sanchez in the next game expecting a different result. That is crazy.

18. JetsVilma28

^Yea it's like running into a brick wall and then trying again at a different angle.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

With Mark I can't say for sure that he'll come out motivated. It's not that he isn't trying, it's just that he sucks.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

so, essentially, your position is based not on reality, but your own rationalization for Sanchez's poor performance, and your own made up personality for him.

sorry, I don't find fantasy a very interesting cause for discussion. if this is your argument, it is as worthwhile as saying that you think that the reality check of his benching will cause him to grow 4 inches, tower over the line of scrimmage, and with that greater field of vision allow him to become the best QB in the league. oh, and maybe he will get faster and become an extremely elusive scrambler. fuck it, the benching will turn him into Andrew Luck.