17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Usually that's my play -- the sad fact of the matter is that MetLife just isn't a very nice place to watch a game.

But I do like to get to at least one game a year, and the sad state of the team made it more fiscally responsible than usual this week.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

1748 left

upper ez 25.75
    upper sl 27.98
    upper pr 30.00
    lower ez 39.98
    lower gl 49.00
    lower sl 70.00

nice cheap tickets this morning before you even leave for the game.

3. 316ROW13Seat20

316ROW13Seat20 New Member

I scored some coaches club seats because it was cheap and had to knock it off the bucket list. Not all it's hyped up to be food was meh and the "fans" were horrible. Felt like i was the only one that knew anything about football when they were yelling at the end of the game why don't they score. half the section was on cell phone's or just sitting their talking. My girlfriend who had never watched football before she met me and is just starting to get it turned to me and said it felt like she was the only one actually watching the game.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

how much did they sell for

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've seen this many times before in the better seats. The more expensive the seats, the less knowledge they have about the game or the team. That's because they're there for the "experience" and to text others and take phone pics to say and show they were there and how great the seats were.

It's not about football at that point, it's about impressing others and really jerking themselves off, IMO.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the most energetic the stadium's been since ... ever.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i cant say i blame you... although you really needed distractions from watching that shit show yesterday!

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I didn't think the game was that bad yesterday for a 7-6 game. The jets were moving the ball, just always turning it over. Prior to Manning, when the Colts were in the East, the Harbaugh Colts and Jets used to play 9-6 type games ever year, those were the worst. Look at 1992-1993

--

12/05/1993

Indianapolis Colts 9, New York Jets 6
    11/14/1993
    New York Jets 31, Indianapolis Colts 17

12/13/1992

Indianapolis Colts 10, New York Jets 6

10/11/1992

Indianapolis Colts 6, New York Jets 3, OT

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Cmon now when the Colts were in our division the only team that had anything was Miami as the other 4 teams just plain flat out stunk :sad:

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Sucking and playing 9-6 games are 2 different things. Just because the Pats sucked also doesn't mean they were not entertaining games. Just ignore the facts Champ, I know, you know everything and I wasn't there.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

1. Did anyone get that survey to fill out today about how likely you are to renew your season tickets?

2. No McElroy. WTF?

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 ,,,,survey about renewing ? It's not april fools day is it ? I would love to read all those surveys that are actually filled out,,,,could be some funny stuff there:breakdance:

13. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, there is a survey for season ticketholders arriving in their email, but I for one am so disgusted that I don't know what to do with it.

Do I respond favorably, in order to kiss their asses, and tell them all is well and I love paying $5250 for 4 seats, including 2 worthless preseason games, that are a half mile up and so far from the fucking action that I need a Hubble Space Telescope to read the numbers?

Or do I tell them the truth and jeopardize my very existance as a season ticketholder, which is to tell them I want Row Ones and no Preseasons and give us the Yellows already, free of charge. And while they're at it, seal off the fucking rain in the UD for good.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I ripped into them pretty well in the comments section. Other than that it didn't say a thing to me about "will you renew?" but maybe that's because I'm a PSL holder.

I still may not renew.

Sue me!

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

I filled mine out twice. First time I was a wiseass put I was on the fence and put crappy ownership in the other box lol.

Second time I was more honest. Told them I'm content with my seat location but that ticket prices are absurd. I told them I felt seat prices should drop or preseason eliminated. Should be both but I know that won't happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see another price drop upstairs though.

I know you probably prefer a sideline seat but first row (says row 5 on the ticket) where I am has probably an extra foot of leg room. For someone who's had two leg surgeries it's been great extra room and I can use the ledge for leg room. While I'm pissed at the ticket prices reality is I probably won't give them up for the comforts.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

I know you'll be back.

17. championjets69

Facts R the facts so if U do not believe me look it up. When the Colts were in our division we, them Pats & Bills all stunk & that's maybe why pretty boy Dannie racked up sll those passing yds :sad:

18. championjets69

I just deleted mine since I deemed there is no value in it. The only thing every NYJ fan should be doing is bombarding WJ Twitter account telling him how terrible his minions are handling the team. Complaining here is totally, utterly useless IMHO:sad:

19. Section 227. Row 5

I totally agree. Complaining to the Jets Front Office or responding to their survey emails is like talking to a telephone pole. Their surveys have been freaking worthless, IMO, from day one and all the way thru.

So I'm afraid the ONLY message they hear is when thousands walk away from the UD and even the Lower PSL Sections. Just walk away. Which I guarantee is going to happen this spring. This franchize is a bigger mess than we ever imagined it would become.

Here's what I tell the office the next time I call for an upgrade: "I want to know when and how this management team plans to make us a winning football team. Until then, I won't pay for anything less than Row One Sideline Uppers, so move me now or I'm gone."

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Champ, all I was saying was the jets/colts games were horrible back then in comparing last Sunday and I backed it up with 3 of 4 games in a 2 year period. That's all I was saying. Where does Marino and the quality of the division come into it. You missed my point. Are you saying Marino was good because our division stunk?