All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Jets New Look Offense: 2012

I have not seen a thread of this sort, but I could be wrong. Mods feel free to merge this if need be (many threads get pushed back).

I've been getting tired of seeing all the negative Tebow crap. He is a member of this team, we have no choice but to move forward with it. But is it really that bad? Granted we have some holes to fill, RT and WR, Tebow does give us a lot of flexibility. 1 guaranteed good thing out of this whole situation is, we will never have to see Sanchez drop back 60 times a game. Tebow, for now at least pushes back our immediate need for an additional RB giving us flexibility in the draft. He will take a lot of pressure and work load off Greene which could only benefit him. I understand Sanchez is going to be under an immense amount of pressure to perform, in other words play well or lose your job. Why cant that be a good thing? He has responded well to pressure in the past. I also see this in a different light, Tebow could take pressure off Sanchez as well. If our offense sees a 60/40 run:pass ratio, that is good for Sanchez. Now he doesn't have to make ALL the plays. Tebow is also EXCELLENT with the media. Believe it or not, in NY, that is also a big deal.

I think most of us agree Tebow should never be thought of as a starter. But, if people start accepting the fact that he is a situational player, or as someone else mentioned a 'utility' player, we really could create a powerful offense. Rex is a defensive guru (some may disagree), he must know how difficult it will be to prepare for Sanchez and Tebow, sort of like Vick. Rex has stated he could see Tebow playing as many as 20 snaps, IMO that is way too much. Somewhere along the lines of 15 would be good (run/pass). While Tebow may not be the greatest at throwing a spiral, he still has the ability to throw, which will also keep defenses honest. If he sees 15 snaps, Id like to see somewhere along the lines of a 10/5 run:pass.

I see everyone panicking, but do you really think there is nothing good that could come out of this trade?
    What are your thoughts? What other positives do you see from Tebow and what would you like to see from our new look offense?

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Bump. For nostalgia.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Have to amend the equation to include one terribly inept Offensive Coordinator. :)

4. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Hah funny I went back and read this thread earlier today.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Tanny will have to get fired tommorow. Otherwise this has been dead on.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Schotty's gone

7. sunbeam

sunbeam Banned

I hope that somehow Tebow gets a release or trade. This whole thing is pointless.

My personal hope is that an NFL team decides to try the spread all the way, and signs Tebow to run it.

No compromises, no back peddling, run the spread (and not New England's version). Almost never throwing from the pocket, and read option after read option.

Sign a couple of quarterbacks (a dime a dozen coming out of college now) and run it. I'd like to see 20 to 30 runs a game from the quarterback position.

Plus everyone should be happy. He will be gone, and all you Jets fans can do... whatever it is you do, I really haven't paid attention to this franchise since Parcells left.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I wonder what dumb team would think it's worth it to revolve your whole offense around a project. Maybe Jax

9. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

Wow.. just wow.

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing.

11. Potzer

Potzer New Member

It was a hell of a first post. :rolls eyes:

I'll have whatever he's drinkin.

12. sunbeam

sunbeam Banned

I don't think you understand what I am talking about. I would like to try a full implementation of a running spread in the NFL. You saw a few plays like this last year with Denver. A very little with Carolina last year as well.

I haven't kept up with what the Panthers have done this year, and not too much with the Skins either.

What I would like to see is a run oriented spread along the lines of what Urban Meyer runs, as opposed to Chip Kelly or Rich Rodriguez.

If I were the coach/gm I'd pick up a guy like Optimus Klein, along with trading for Tebow. Probably look for some very mobile veteran qb's that are thought of as journeymen as well, like Seneca Wallace.

I'd carry four quarterbacks, four (maybe 3 rbs). I can tell you ahead of time that the qb is going to get a lot of carries. Basically run Tebow's college offense in the pros.

And no, I'm not making up an offense just to make Tebow look good. He is an individual that can make power runs from the qb position. Klein is another one.

And the pass isn't going to be something you shelve. But the passing game is going to be nothing like what the Jets have been running, or what Denver is running now. Virtually every pass play would be a roll out with an option to run.

Every pass play in the book is going to have a run option. If you don't have single coverage on your primary target (which is going to be very likely with an offense like this), check down. Don't have it there, run it.

And the read option will be a true read option.

My personal belief is a running quarterback won't be hurt anymore than a running back, and maybe less than a guy that lives in the pocket.

Basically I think an offense like this can take away the defense's ability to double cover receivers permanently, since the qb is ALWAYS going to be a running threat.

I want multiple qb's in case of injury, and I would plan to play two, maybe three in any game if they are all healthy.

I don't know how much you guys are really into football, but the NFL is a stagnant, copycat league. Maybe it is because nothing else will work, or the league office wants guys like Aaron Rogers with big passing numbers. Or maybe it is because they are all afraid to try something different.

From where I sit though, there is a lot more going on with schemes in college than the NFL, and more in high schools (particularly Texas) than in college.

Maybe it won't work, but I have my reasons to think it will. I'd like to see someone try it. I think that will happen regardless, but as of now I think it might take until someone hires Chip Kelly for an NFL job.

Tebow probably wouldn't fit into his offense, but the spread is a pretty big grouping. There's more than one way to run it, and a power running quarterback is a valid way to do it. I've seen nothing in his career to doubt he can.

There are a ton of super athletic guys coming out (and already in the NFL) that can play this style: Newton, Vince Young (yeah, his career might have been different in a different system), Kaepernick (sp?), a ton of guys, and more all the time.

My belief is you can get a quarterback and a system that forces the defense into "simple" coverages, negating the need to have some 6'5" guy with a rocket launcher and positronic brain to stay in the pocket.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I want to see it tried. Also note, that while I expect the qb to throw, I'd imagine the career of a qb in this system would be more like a rb's than the normal qb career (which for most is maybe a starting shot, and hold a clipboard on the sidelines when that doesn't work out).

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Probably not what I would do, but don't feel like you have to explain yourself to these guys.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Be interesting what Tebow has to say about all this drama. People said Brady Quinn was the 2nd string QB last year.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And maybe play the games on Saturday too?

16. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

The Jets did it for 4 years :)

17. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I would love to see it as well, wont happen with the Jets though. Jax would be the perfect situation for something like this.

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That should tell u what people think of Tebow. He garbage and not worth it. Lol