Rex should resign

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 22, 2012.

1. The Commish

The Commish New Member

Fireman Ed deleted his twitter. This is too bad.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Hopefully, somebody from outside the organization. The Ravens assistant GM Eric DeCosta should be considered. Whoever assists Thomas Dimitroff in Atlanta should be on the list too.

The Packers have some GM candidates in their front office in Eliot Wolf, Rob Davis and Brian Gutekunst.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Captain Jet burned his plane hat...

4. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Being a "player's coach" just does work. The coach is more on a fan of his players than a superior. Rex I'm sorry but you either need to take a more militaristic approach or get the fuck out.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think you'd agree with me that this position has to be the First position (GM/Pres) addressed within the organization if any turnaround is possible within a reasonable timeframe. This team needs vision and a multiyear plan to implement it.

I also agree that it has to be someone with a solid resume from OUTSIDE JetNation as what passes for upper management at Jets HQ can hardly be described as competent.

#125 Cman68, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am crestfallen.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I remember talking about it in the game thread from our last AFCCG in Pitt. I knew it was going to be a long time before we got there again because of all the key guys we were losing after that year. In Indy the year before it sucked,bt it still felt like the beginning of something.

8. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Hire a new GM and then let him hire the coach he wants to work with. Not the other way around.

9. Massena

Massena New Member

The JETS problem is its front office. Changing the coaching staff now would be a mistake. We need players, good players. The team has not advanced in player quality in two years and that's a lifetime in pro football. It shows on the field.

The PATS rebuilt a juggernaut in the two years we were losing AFC championship games. They did it through the draft mostly, with some smart free agent moves. We should be able to do this once we get past Tanny's cap wreckage.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, absolutely.

In my opinion there needs to be major changes made in early January.

I want Tannenbaum and Ryan fired. I want the new GM hired from outside the organization. That individual would then hire the head coach. I am hopeful that at least three of the four head coaching candidates I mentioned up thread get interviewed.

11. Cman68

If you're not improving, you're falling behind. The Jets certainly have proven that to be true.

12. rpetrulsky

rpetrulsky New Member

The military saying goes..

When you get orders to go to a remote assignment. The military says there is a woman behind every tree. The problem is that there aren't any trees. Rex says that Snatchez is our best chance to win but their aren't any wins.

13. Cman68

I really don't want this FO/CS combo to have anything to do with this upcoming April draft. Reason being that the pick should be a decent one and you get the feeling that they would fck this pick up. Too bad their contracts gives all of them cover until 2014.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You are right.

I felt the same way. Ryan's best team was actually the 2009 team. That would have been a 13-3 or 14-2 team if Favre came back. That team was 9-7 due to rotten QB play and the defense blowing multiple games on opponents' final drives.

The 2010 team won more but wasn't really any better.

Ryan had more success with the Mangini core than he has had with the Ryan era core. That is pretty sad. The team is supposed to ascend in a head coach's 4th year. Instead this team keeps getting worse.

Oh, certainly. Tannenbaum will be fired. That move will then take care of Ryan too, unless the new GM is a spineless yes man for Woody Johnson.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Agreed. Although Rex Jets are incapable of competitive football, this team's problems go beyond the HC. Get a new GM or President that knows what the heck he's doing & has experience OUTSIDE Jets.

My hope is that Woody would get some young executive who's worked with some experience on the scouting side or worked with scouts. Also coming from a good organization like: Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Pats, etc. Hire this executive & give him full control.

Let Rex convince a non-Tanny GM why he's still the man for the job.

16. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

They should both hit the door together. Time for a change. Bluto has to go

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

definetly agree. and were not even just bad,this is like a circus side show at this point. I still can't believe that Mark ran into moore like that,it was like something Peter Griffin would do

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, it is utterly ridiculous now.

I began to compare Ryan to Kotite a few weeks ago due to the pathetic stuff he says at press conferences. In addition to Ryan starting to sound like Kotite, his team is now beginning to look like Kotite's teams.

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The Jets need to go in another direction, Rex's style worked when they had a top running game and a top defense. But since Tanny and Rex have depleted all talent off this team and he's left with a joke and circus he created.

We need a new coach that will bring respectability back to this team with execution ad professionalism. And the players all just need to STFU, talk when you win the Super Bowl, until then act like damn professionals.

#139 dr.velociraptor, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is a very good thread with excellent points by many people . I was not as upset as I usually am after losses as I expected us to get spanked but never did I think it would be as comical as " football follies " ,,,,,,very sad that it is time to blow it up but that's what it has come to. The definition of insanity is " mark gives us the best chance to win " .
    I could care less how the next 5 games go ,,,,clean house and start over,,,,,play all the backups from here on out and see what if anything we have talent wise.