Thanksgiving game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mr nyjet, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I was going to have to miss this one live anyway. Thankfully it doesn't matter.

2. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Most other teams have a decent future that their fans can look forward to

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

While this is a really bad/inconvenient day to go to a game, most people(those who aren't insane enough to go shopping that night) are sitting around drinking and digesting food by the time the night game goes off - perfect time for football.

I hope that the Jets can crush the hated Patriots on Thanksgiving, but I think all of us in the reality based community accept that it's not likely. If , as Adam Schein predicted, Woody is waiting to roll out Tebow against a national audience to keep some sort of interest into the Mark-Sanchez-led disaster that the Jets have become, then it will be a good Thanksgiving.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

What a loser mentality.

5. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

Hahaha, listen to yourself!

So maybe if we all got really outraged at the team losing, we can turn the Jets' fortunes around. We have that power as fans! What a joke.

As fans with zero impact on the outcome of games, a "winning mentality" doesn't change a damn thing.

If you're such a winner, better find another team to match your winning mindset.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the bills with fitzpatrick almost won in foxborough. even if the sanchise can actually play decent for a change, the pats offense is not the rams offense.

put up a lot of points using the no-huddle early, and force sanchez to throw then, just wait for the inevitable mistakes that follow.

we're not playing the rams, folks. :eek:hmy:

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

jets with Sanchez almost won in foxboro. I think I missed the point...

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

almost doesn't count in the win column. the pats will not play the same defense as last time. make sanchise run enough plays , and sooner or later he will f...up. the close call in foxboro was due to the defense playing well, not sanchise.

9. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Need some help for tomorrow in a bind ....our normal tailgate crew/bus is not gonna be able to make it ....are there any open tailgates tomorrow excepting walk ups. ...that have a full spread for a price? Let me know I have about 10 to 12people with me.

Thanks all

10. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Tailgate Joe!

11. TailgateJoe

TailgateJoe New Member

Yeah dude, I can help you out, I started cooking tonight, gonna be a nice spread. Menu is on the site tailgatejoe . com

We will be sold out, doing this smaller than the normal 250-350 people, lol, not cooking Tday dinner for more than 120 people. If you can't sign up all those people online I will reserve 12 spots for you if you give me your word you will be there. Shoot me an email at joe@tailgatejoe.com.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I am not going tomorrow night. I can't justify it with a house full of guests and my sons home from college.

It is absurd for the Jets to be playing this game for the second time in three years. I hope that the stadium is empty so that Woody realizes that the fans do not want to spend holidays in the stadium. I hope this is the LAST Jets home game scheduled on a holiday for a long long time. This may play in Detroit or Dallas, but in New York, with 20 + million people traveling around the metro area for a holiday meant to be spent with family and not stadium acquaintances, this game makes no sense.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Romney loses and bitches wanna seceed or Move to Canada...
    JETS struggle and dudes wanna boycott

Where the hell did all these whiny bitches come from?
    See what happens when you don't spank your kids!!

LMAO....
    I kid, I kid!
    I Will be there, eating, drinking and with Friends and Family....I'm a JETS fan...PERIOD.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Love this Game and if Woody & Bob Kraft are for it - GREAT !! Huge ratings bonanza !! Lets just hope the Jets beat the stuffing out of Brady and get themselves back into contention for the Playoffs !!! LETS GO JETS !!!!!!!

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

WTF? Lets Boycott the one game that can get us back into contention this year. That's smart. Just give up. Why even bother being a fan?

16. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Looks like its time for a few here to pick a new team and get off the Jets bus. We dont need you anyway. See yaaaaaaaaaa.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'll be at the game tonight hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

You do know that the night game on Thanksgiving is the lowest rated prime time game of the year, right? Most people are in their cars driving home at 8pm. Its a ratings bonanza for Westwood One, maybe.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

I'm not boycotting anything. Its Thanksgiving and I can't go. I have 16 people coming over to my house including my two college sons and I only have two tickets. I can't make it work.

And you or anyone else who questions my loyalty to the team or how big a fan I am can stick it way up you know where. I have been a fan of this team for 46 years and a STH for 32 years. I have attended over 250 home games. I have stuck with this team through some horrible seasons and eras and have never wavered. I have invested tens of thousands of dollars in tickets and other items. I have missed family functions and other things to attend games.

All of this gives me the right, as a fan of this team, to say that I think scheduling a home game on Thanksgiving sucks big time for STHs or anyone having to travel home tonight. Enough is enough with these games on holidays. Three years in a row now.

I am in my 50s. Holidays are for family. Right now, this team is not worth the investment of my family time on a holiday. And I do not want to have to make this choice every year.

I am not alone. There is a reason there are thousands of tickets for this game available on Stub Hub and elsewhere for about $15 a ticket. A Jets home game on Thanksgiving is a travesty, not a building tradition.

20. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Why be such a whiner? This will be the largest (by far) audience the Jets have played in front of in years. Thanksgiving night and the only football game on prime time. Every TV across the country will be tuned in and the ratings will be through the roof. This is THE determining game of our season. Win here and we will win enough of the last 5 to make the playoffs. Lose tonight and the playoffs won't happen. Tonight is where we show the pats and America we are a contender. We don't have an opponent left on the schedule with a winning record. Win tonight and this team will win 4 of their last 5 and easily be a wildcard. J E T S Jets Jets Jets