2-0 in preseason WITHOUT chad playing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsrule128, Sep 2, 2006.

1. jetsrule128

jetsrule128 Banned

0-2 with chad in preseason

should we look into this?
    is it a sign?

game 1 - k clemens 10-14 92 yards
    game 2- b bollinger 10-16 69 yards
    game 3- c pennington 11-20 125 yards
    game 4- k clemens 7-10 75 yards

#1 jetsrule128, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

come on man not fair. Think about the teams that we faced... I mean the eagles today for instance didnt have McNabb, Westbrook, or even the defence on at all.

3. jetsrule128

jetsrule128 Banned

i like chad was rooting for him to get starting job

but it's just weird

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahaha, what a ridiculous thread. Yeah, they got killed tonight,,, then came back in the second half with all the tenth stringers in. Big win without Chad, hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

5. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

no offense jetsrule, but do you think anyone on this board is going to change their mind about our QB situation because of the preseason? start ramsey then, he looked pretty good today.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I guess Smith should be the starter under those criteria.

And Ramsey looked great on that reverse to Smith against the Skins and the QB had a lot to do with Washington's KO return.

Watch the games first please.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I have to say I was very excited about Clemens with the rumor about his big arm and quick release. After getting a chance to see him play I no longer believe in him. He looks small, he has nervous feet and the back up QB for both Washington and the Giants looked to have a better arm the Clemens. Chad is a JAG at best but at least he can operate the O and see what's going on. I have serious doubts about Clemens ever being a big time QB, it isn't the performance as much as his stature and general demeaner.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

This coming from you is pretty surprising...

I guess you can grade a guy after watching him play 4 games not even taking 30 snaps right?:breakdance:

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You means another 2nd round draft pick down the tubes?

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Yeah, after 4 pre-season games:rofl: :rofl:

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

I wasn't impressed last night either, but I'm chalking it up to playing behind the second string line with no real weapons at his disposal. Definitely needs some polishing, but I'm not giving up yet....

12. jetsrule128

jetsrule128 Banned

i watched all 4 games from start to finish

13. winstonbiggs

I'm an old timer who believes that the QB should be the biggest weapon on the team. The QB is not some game manager he is the guy that blows up the other teams D even good ones. I grew up watching guys like Johny Unitas, Joe Namath, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, Terry Bradshaw. These guys could go 1 for 10 with multiple INT's but they were still cool, calm their feet weren't nervous and they were the most promenient guys on the field from the first day they stepped on the field (except for Bradshaw). I just don't see that in Clemens. He looks like a wallflower out there not a guy who is going to step up and take apart a great defensive team in a big game once he gets the experience. The first day I saw Carson Palmer in the NFL against the Jets in a game he didn't play that great in and lost I thought he had the potential to be one of the greatest NFL QB's in the history of the game. I don't see that in Clemens.

14. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

I watched the games. And I don't think Chad was impressive at all. We'll see how he does in the regular season.

15. winstonbiggs

Chad wasn't only not impressive he was awful. The fact is he still gives us the best chance to win. He also went up against some very good defensive teams first units with a very vanilla game plan. Chad at least can run the O and my gut tells me against most of the teams we are going to be facing Chad will do much better than what we saw. He is also mentally capable of running a complex O which is hopefully what we are going to see once the season starts

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm an old timer also, and I respect your opinions, but it is waaaay too early to reach the conclusion you have reached. Nobody in the NFL takes preseason games seriously anymore. They are used to evaluate the bottom 10-15 spots on the roster. You are also comparing Clemens to HOF QBs. You correctly point out that Bradshaw struggled early in his career. You conveniently left out that Palmer started that game against the Jets in 2004 after riding the bench for the entire 2003 season. Some QBs also look good early in their careers and then never pan out. Rick Mirer had a very good rookie season. How about Browning Nagle's 5-0 preseason and impressive first game against Atlanta? I thought Nagle had that swagger you talk about, but he was horrible. Let's give Clemens a chance to adapt, learn, and grow. We won't know for 2-3 more years what we have in him. You can't judge him on one meaningless preseason playing in front of an offensive line that is also trying to find itself.

17. winstonbiggs

You can't teach the size aspect he just looks very small to me. At best he is going to be a smart QB game manager with an average arm.

Carson Palmer may have sat but he has more evident talent, size, arm, speed ability to pass in the pocket than any starting QB in the NFL from the first day he walked into camp.

#17 winstonbiggs, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  18. Chadwick747

Chadwick747 New Member

Preseason man... it's just preseason.

19. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

no sign, let it go, forget about it, i know its said alot but its true, PRE SEASON MEANS LESS THAN TRAINING CAMP

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

What was Vinny's record in the '02 preason? :wink: