Where do you rank Mark Sanchez among starting QBs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DarkKnightXIII

If Sanchez was cut at the end of the season, which NFL team would he start for next year?

The Chiefs probably. Maybe the Cards. Anyone else? I don't think so.

And that's not even factoring in the upcoming 2013 draft.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

And the last time they played, Sanchez beat Romo.

I know you meant to add this bullet but just forgot.

3. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Was this one on one football matchup televised? I think I would remember two guys all alone on a field playing 1 on 1.

WINS AREN'T A VALID WAY OF MEASURING QUARTERBACKS, THEY ARE A CRUTCH FOR IDIOTS WHO DON'T HAVE VALID ARGUMENTS. THE WIN OR LOSS OF ONE GAME AS A WAY OF COMPARING QUARTERBACKS IS ONLY FOR THOSE SO MENTALLY DEFICIENT THEY HAVE DIFFICULTY TYING THEIR SHOES.

#83 Cellar-door, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  4. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

True. By that measure, Tebow is a better QB than Big Ben.

Romo is a better QB by both stats and the eye test. Romo makes boneheaded decisions at times, but his overall play is very good. He doesn't wither when the pocket breaks down--he improvises and tries to make plays.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he likely wouldnt be signed until midseason when someones QB got injured and they needed depth.

no one is brining in a turnover machine to solve their qb issues

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

did sanchez beat romo or did the jets beat the cowboys?

7. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Your Typical uneducated hate here.

So when they win Sanchez plays no part in it, but when they lose it's all on him.

Lemme guess his playoff wins don't count either, cuz he sucked in those games too, right?

8. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Actually it is entirely educated.
    Neither wins nor losses are entirely on a QB, and evaluating a QB based on record is stupid. QBs should be evaluated on performance, wins are far more a product of the other 51 guys around him than anything else. Ask Archie Manning, he was a terrific QB on the least talented team in the league, he didn't get a whole lot of wins. In fact he had less career wins than Elvis Grbac who sucked, or less than half of the number of wins that Kerry Collins had.

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Unless you read his brainless bashing of Dirty in ALL of his posts, you wouldn't understand my comment.

10. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

see it's this type of thing that makes people laugh at Jets fans...how can anyone even begin to respond seriously to this? it's the type of thing only a 10 year old or a blind homer would even think

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is problem throughout fandoms, not just the Jets.

12. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Some of you Sanchez supporters has to wake up. Sanchez hasn't done enough on the field to get the backing you guys are giving him. He is a shitty QB that should remain on the hot seat as the starter.

Most of you guys are probably Sanchez fans for one reason or another and not even big Jets fans pre-Sanchez. Ok... back to back AFCC games but that's not because of Sanchez.. Just look at his struggles during the season. There is a reason why we weren't elite in 09 and 10 and that is because of Sanchez. He is at his best when he does the least and to me that's not a QB deserving of starting for the Jets or in any team in this league.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Romo has a career rating of 95.5 and has one of the highest completion percentages in the history of the sport. Sanchez has a career rating of 73.3 and one of the lowest completion percentages in the history of the sport. How is this even an argument?? It's Romo, and it's not close.

Does anyone out there seriously think that there's even ONE GM in the league who would pick Sanchez over Romo? NO SHOT

#93 truthbtold, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  14. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

im not going to make a case for either qb, but romo has been throwing to one hell of a group of receivers throughout his career... hes also singlehandedly lost a shit load of games for the cowboys.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think the problem with Sanchez is he's tying up too many resources. If he were to cost the Jets say 5 mill a year (cap hit) then we would be able to get a better OL and a better RB or TE. But he counts for 13 mill next year! For that amount of money he has to produce more!

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree. Those kinds of posts are totally ignorant, showing a lack of undestanding of the fundamental nature of the game of football.

OR

They are trotted out as worthless arguments in support of a POV becuase the poster ain't got any other shit to support their POV.

17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

To those of you who made "Brown" comments:
    Browns recieving core sucks, this is factually correct. Oh, and this just in [Breaking News] Trent Richardson in a running back

I had to fix it for you, but you were real close.

Notable changes:
    Peyton Manning is in my opinion the greatest QB to ever play the game. So just for that reason I have to put him ahead of Brees. Besides he's still clutch as they come.

Matt Ryan, I mentioned clutch... yeah his name is Matty "Ice". This guy is amazing at closing out a game. I know he had a poor game this past week but he has been nothing short of amazing this year.

Jay Cutler proved that he was instrumental in that team being 7-2 while trying to lean on a very good backup QB in Campbell.

Matt Schaub is a top 10 QB and has been for quite a while. They just don't have to lean on him as much with the emergence of Arian Foster and their top ranked D.

Josh Freeman is a baller! He's doing big things with the youngest team in the NFL, under a 1st year head coach. He's 21/7 in TD-int with a 94.6 rating. I wanted to bump Romo out at #10 to put in Freeman but Romo's history proves he's a top 10 guy, maybe next year.

RGIII... WTF is he doing so low? C'mon man!

Russell Wilson was the 3rd string QB in training camp. The Seahawks, like us have a patchwork WR core (though Rice is good when healthy) and Wilson still has a 62.1 cmp% and a 90.5 rating.

18. 624

624 Banned

Clutch quarterbacks go 0-3 in the playoffs?

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ Matty Ice. They've been calling him that from day 1 and it has nothing to do with being clutch

20. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I wouldn't put Sanchez 31st. He's better then Matty Cassel. But is he down near the bottom of the list. Yes, yes he is.