Release Sporano today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Not really. The fact that we won doesn't change anything. Sparano is trash

2. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I loved the 3rd and 17 draw up the middle, BRILLIANT!

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This. The guy is still a MORON.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Two bad teams met on the field today and we won. Lets not read too much into what happened out there as Thursday nite will be here before we know it. Sparano is still Sparano and his game calling looked good against a team that frankly, isn't as good as the Jets who are frankly, not as good as the Patriots or a lot of other teams. Its all relative.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Guessed you're impressed by Romeo Crennel then with a 27 - 49 record and a .355 winning percentage ?

6. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Yea well........ The second I posted this they started doing everything i was raging about. I was pleased ... Now let's keep it up next week. I finally saw check down passes . And stretch plays with McKnight... A screen that worked. It's like Sporano just woke up. And mark wasnt sraring down recievers. I don't understand how this team can come out flat one or two weeks and explode the following week. This transcends Sparano too. Because this has been a regular thing with Rex and sancho

7. Icenet

Icenet New Member

I'm fine with Sparano. I'll never forgive Shotty for too many double reverses to Cotchery and in general bad play calling.

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Say what you will about Sparano, he does not always run the sexiest offense, but when executed correctly..it gets the job done. And the guy isn't afraid to run the pill.

Sparano hasnt been great every game..,but the biggest problem with our offense has been lack of talent and horrific execution by Sanchez and some of the inexperienced WR's. Sanchez has had opportunities to get rid of the ball, make plays with his feet, swallow the ball during sacks..where he failed to do so...and ended up really hurting us.

The play calling to me, has had far far more common sense and variety than Schotty ever produced. Kinda why we kicked his ass today!!

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I like the Ehrhardt Perkins playbook way better than Schott's Coryell. We saw it rear it's ugly head today.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I have been waiting for Sparano to show why he deserved to be the OC, and have up until yesterday felt he did not deserve to be it. And even after yesterday, with that sieve of a secondary the Rams have, and a front seven taht seemed to give up after Wilkerson stripped Bradford, it's hard to get too pumped up.

But... I figure Sparano's playcalling in the last two thirds of the game mean he deserves to get a pass from me and imo other of his skeptics.

Even so, the larger lesson yesterday was execution. The Jets won because they did not turn the ball over, while the Rams did. It wasn't primarily about Sparano.

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Well executed game plan that called for more Tebow, but the OC adjusted.

I would like to know what the discussion between Ryan and Sparano was though. It was pretty heated.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Word to the wise

Creating threads about the game during the game usually makes the OP look like an idiot.

13. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

I hate to call you out but personally I thought that was a good call given the situation. The Jets D had been dominating, and that drive had stalled do to penalties and some erratic throws by Sanchez. I for one do not trust our line to hold up for 4+ seconds (time its going to take for our recievers to get 17+ yards downfield) for Sanchez. Why not try to pin them deep and rely on your D to hold the lead??

*I said try because unfortuntaly Malone kicked it out of the endzone lol

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Just cut Tebow. He's not helping. SpArano wasn't bad. He stopped playing Tebow when he realized he was ineffective. I was watching some of the play calls Schotty made last game and laughing. I thought for certain Schotty would botch that goal line sequence as he has many times. I knew with 2 yards to go, he'd call a pass on 3rd and 4th down like a jackass. The Jets should have seen that coming.

15. NewYorkEveryThing

Look at what henne did without sporano.. He threw 354 yds and 4 TD's. No turnovers's. So what is it? Tony sucks or Henne is better off without tony and his BS.. I herd that TS used to pull henne on downs to run his BS wildcat with that scrub they drafted pat white all the time. So what is it??

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I couldn't belive we called that play, I liked the roll out plays he called we need to call more of those type of plays , Sanchez is actually good in those types of plays

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Everything in life is better without Tony Sparano

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

even a blind squirrel can trip over some nuts once in a while.....:rofl:

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

has to be sporano: look at what henne did to the texans in houston.

quite a difference with a different playcaller/head coach. the same guy who used to be matt ryan's coordinator at atlanta.