Why doesn't S. Hill catch more balls with his hands?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Forget hands, Stephen Hill doesn't even have a brain

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think hand-eye coordination is really something that can be learned. And this is the problem here.

Sure, you can teach him better technique, like you can teach someone a better running technique, but it will only make you marginally better (i.e. if you're uncoordinated your uncoordinated, if you're slow you're slow).

Hill sound slike a great kid, and I'm really rooting for him, but jeez... his hands and his brain have no connection!

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hill is a joke who was taken way to high in the draft,who the fuck is scouting our players for us

4. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I agree, but the bigger problem is Tannenbaum who is believing the scouts...they all don't know shit about football.

5. LongIslandBlitz

I don't understand how a guy who can't catch a football becomes a WR in the NFL making millions a year,WHY and HOW

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Take a look in the draft section of this website to see how many people where ok with taking him in rd 1 !

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

How can a QB who's only completed more than 55% of his passes and never had a big yardage or touchdown year get 12 million?

8. LongIslandBlitz

Well usually the base that off what they did in college, Hill caught 5 passes in college

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

hes a rookie. itll come.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I see he was only targeted twice today, did he drop both.

Anyway he'll learn, thats what happens spending 3-4 years in college in a system not asking you to catch. He's raw very raw at that but he'll be fine. He has great work ethic

11. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Because he can't?

12. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

For what it's worth, Terrell Owens (as a point of reference) had a ton of drops in his first two years. Many thought of him as an unreliable/uncoordinated receiver early on in his career too, but he turned out ok, no?!?!

Not saying that Hill is gonna be a potential hall of famer, but I think he's got the skill set to be a very successful NFL WR. Watching replays, I think Hill's biggest issue is not looking the ball into his hands before trying to make his initial move. He has to understand that he's got to complete the 8 yard catch before he can turn it down field for a 20+ yard catch. I think he'll figure that out sooner rather then later. Rookies often try to make the "big" play which sometimes prevents them from making the "safe" play. The longer he's around the less he'll press. I still think we've got our WR of the future. For me, week 1 was not an anomaly for Hill.

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Adam Schein on SNY asked if Hill's allergic to pigskin. I lol'd.

14. TheGreenCantona

:) don't think he has much choice than to believe his scouts. Is your alternative that he would get the room full of scouts on draft day and then go by gut.

On the other hand , he should start thinking about replacing them.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Wrong again. Hill was an excellent draft pick and he will be a very good starter for the NYJ. The same morons that are dissing Stephen Hill were dissing Vlad Ducasse who is now a solid OG. Hilarious how ignorant some of the fanbase is. Gotta love the jackwagons who want to trash talk rookies. losers.

#115 AbdulSalam, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. LWC611

LWC611 Member

The same way an accountant can become a GM of an NFL Team....at least the WR played the game.

The GM had no experience in talent evaluation prior to getting his job...

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

On the Reuland catch late Hill was wide open on a slant underneath and Sanchez looked him off and went the other way. That throw goes to the slanting WR every time. It's the much easier throw and there is no chance that a corner jumps it and goes for 6.

18. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

Apparently we have not yet learned that we should take FOOTBALL PLAYERS with high draft picks - not PR0JECTS!!

Gholston, Ducasse, Hill enough already!

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Taking physical specimens with your early picks gets you physical specimens.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When teams draft in the 2nd half of every round due to some success the year before, they tend to go after guys like Hill because guys like Blackmon are long gone.