Vlad Ducasse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetdic, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Anyone else notice that Ducasse is pretty good now?

2. MontrealAlouettes

Extend this beast.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He is a solid run blocker if he can ever get pass protect technique down he will be a starter. Work in progress.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

He put a beautiful block up on the 2nd Bilal TD.

5. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

he moved to the second level like he moves from station to station at a buffet restaurant

6. MontrealAlouettes

Only the finest stations for the Jets!

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Ducasse's run blocking has been beast lately.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Well, he's probably starting next year at one of the guard spots. Good to see him doing well, never gave up on him. Guy is big, strong and physical. Still isn't all the way there, but you can make the case he's the best guard on the team right now. Hard to differentiate the three.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I've been real impressed with Vlad this season. I think he plays better at LG then RG but he could probably do either. Id like to see him start at guard and pick up another guard in FA. Make Slauson a backup because he can play both guards and center. That is if there is someone out there in free agency who can play guard well.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

As I've said often,
    Vlad is a road grader. He does that well.

He is NOT and will NEVER be a tackle.
    He also needs to drastically improve his pass protection overall...

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

ive been talking up vlad all season. dude has made a lot of progress in his game and could wind up being a force in the middle next season. he needs to get better at pass protection, but he hasnt seen much action so, if his run blocking is any indication, he should get better at it.

12. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Vlad equals pro-bowl!!

13. Icenet

Icenet New Member

I've been more impressed with Jason Smith. He plays with an attitude and always to the whistle.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No he's not Dave Herman but still, must you always go the put down gutter ball route ? ...

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Vlad has been improving steadily and is becoming a solid OL. I've always had faith in Vlad's improvement despite the yahoos here who wanted to cut him after his first pre-season game.

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I Got a pretty good chuckle out of that... Maybe if somehow we could post pictures of his favorite buffet foods on the D Linemen or Second level players he will go to the Pro Bowl.

17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

The decisions we make at guard after 2012 will be very interesting since the O-line is critical to any success in 2013 as well as the cause of failure for 2012.

Brandon Moore looks like he has lost more than a step and I'd be shocked to see him on the team next year.
    Matt Slauson has done zilch for me, - average at best. But being able to play center helps his case a little bit.
    Vlad Ducasse - I agree with the OP and others --- his run blocking is has been very good. 2013 reasonable $575k salary, - time to take the training wheels off & let him learn.
    Jason Smith, - he'll be 27 for the 2013 season. A lot have felt he'd make a better guard, & I agree. He's an UFA after this season. Curious to see what they do with him. But he also missed time in St. Louis w/concussions, - so we've been relatively lucky with his good health.

If I were GM, I'd start Ducasse, resign Slauson very very cheap (let him go if someone else makes an offer), resign Jason Smith very short term & very cheap, but also look to draft dominant guard in 2nd or 3rd round (hopefully we trade down & pick up an extra 2nd/3rd rounder to play with). I'd prefer to start Ducasse and either 1) Jason Smith to see what he's got or 2) rookie like a Larry Warford.

#17 wewantsapp, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  18. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

I think Moore's been pretty good all year.

19. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I think if we let Slauson into free agency he will get offers. He is not bad. Better than some.

20. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I agree with you about this, if Slauson hits free agency he will be snapped up by someone. He is not bad for the money we pay him and he can back up multiple positions.

There are not too many people who can do this for so little cash. The only question is how much will he want to stay?