Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

Before vick.The guy made aveage QB's look like studs. How can you say he is overrated? He lost Jimmy Johnson and his team got old. His fault was the same as rex. He gave mcnabb too much time.

2. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

He would make an OK general manager and he could possibly make something out of our QB situation as a QB coach. As for OC he is a pass, pass, pass guy. He once said he would throw 100% of the time if he knew he would win.
    Knowing how Andy operates, TT would not be around for long if he was indeed hired.

3. NewYorkEveryThing

Rex does talk to the media like when a mother tells there child. Because I said so!..

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And the media deserves nothing more.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don't think he gave McNabb too much time. until a QB declines you keep him and expect that he will continue to perform. as soon as McNabb declined Reid got rid of him without any concern for loyalty or appreciation for his past accomplishments. the difference between that and Rex is that Rex continues to stick with Sanchez despite the obvious inability to perform. Reid would have already benched him.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Who else should start? Tebow throws like a girl. Rex wanted Stanton to be the backup but Woody forced Tebow on him.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

15 years is a long time to be a head coach for the same team without winning a Superbowl, I honestly feel bad for Reid he lost his son to a overdose and it obviously had a big effect on him. If i were Andy Reid i would just step down as head coach.How can you be focused on football after something like that happened on Eagle property,He probably blames himself and all that.But at the same time you would think this would rally the team around Reid, it speaks volumes to how the team doesn't belive in him anymore

#207 LongIslandBlitz, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  8. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I know right - he clearly has no use for a QB that can run.

9. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

ROFL - do yourself a favor and read more.

http://www.nfl.com/player/drewstanton/2495748/profile

If this is your dream QB good luck with that.

10. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

WOW...I hope so !!!

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Didn't Cowher turn down the Jets last time they were coach hunting? When Rex took over this team had some talent but that's not the case now. Old players & JAGs all over the starting lineups. Few top players & all of them are commanding top salary for their positions. Revis is gonna ask for $10M+ also.

Unless it's one of the highest contracts ever for a HC, I'm not seeing why Cowher would use this Jets team as a chance to get back into coaching. He's got the name & the rep so he can be picky.

12. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Rex is flava flave, we need chuck d!

13. Cribb

Cribb New Member

I struggle admitting this, but after reading Mehta's story this morning that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Mike T and Rex need to be replaced. The team lacks institutional control. Fantastic for the NY back pages. Terrible for fans that want Ws.

14. McFreek

McFreek New Member

If I remember, Cowher wanted a face to face with Woody and Woody was out of the country and wouldnt come back for the meeting so Cowher basically said "f off"

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: So a story that's pure speculation and could be made up is why Rex should go. Some people are desperate. If you want that wholesome country folk vibe, follow another team. This is the New York fucking Jets. But yeah, anyone who believes "anonymous sources" as absolute fact really needs to get their head checked.

16. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow is going to join the ranks of Paul Hackett, Pete Carroll, Herm Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and Brian Schottenheimer as the next scapegoat du jour.

The franchise needs to be sold, purged, and rebuilt brick by brick.

17. richnle

richnle New Member

There is some discussion on the Patsfans forum that if the Jets fire Rex some fans would love to see Rex come to the Pats as the defensive coordinator. Wouldn't it be so typical if this happened and Rex fixed the Pats defense giving them another Superbowl or two. Hopefully this disfunctional organization can straighten things out and keep Rex as the coach at the same time.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOL, you're such a sycophant. I bet you think Sanchez will turn everything around and lead us to the Super Bowl, don't you?

Shit...Slauson was fucking named as a source. You obviously cannot read.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I hope that Sanchez will turn it around, although I'm not really expecting it this year. Slauson didn't say anything about Tebow being terrible. He called him an athlete because he's jack of all trades type guy. It's funny how people ride this crap like it's verified and proven, game over. I get accused of being a homer because I don't think Sanchez is 100% to blame. HOLY CRAP what a ridiculous statement! I forgot that our offense is chock full of pro bowlers! :lol:

#219 Barcs, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

We don't give our guys a chance to be Pro-Bowlers because Sanchez turns the fucking ball over every chance he gets.

Do you not understand that? We had a minimum of 12 points wiped off the board because of redzone interceptions. We had God knows how many drives ended because of SANCHEZ fumbling the ball. Yet, people still defend him. Yet, some fucking mouth-breathers on our team bash Tim Tebow. Yet, some people make excuses for him.