Jets rip Tebow according to Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Diddy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

That same defense had the chance to ice the game and come away with a victory. They had Tebow 95 yards away from the goal line, all they had to do was stop him from gaining a first down.

I seem to recall that he went through them like a hot knife through butter, and when they turned around, he was galloping 20 yards for a winning TD.

:)

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

well, we all knew this was coming.the media just kept pounding the tebow angle so as soon as things went bad players were going to spout off.hate the anonomous source part but glad its happening. no sense delaying the inevitable.now it can blow up and they can get to work trying to figure out how to fix this.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

I don't care what his skill set is, you DON'T bash anyone wearing your same uniform to the media like this.

Rex needs to be fired as should anyone who made comments to the media like that.

Shit...

4. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

This team is a joke.
    Please sell this team.:mad:

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the part that scares me is that a high ranking official brought up the receiving group... that is an excuse maker and that type of bullshit thinking will end up with us having marky mark start through this year and into next year. and shows that they are sanchez apologists and not realists.

but hey at least we cant use the excuse that the locker room didnt support the cheeseman.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The reality this morning is that players are ripping a back up QB who has never said a single negative thing about anyone or anything .

It's ok, let the Jets players unite under the " I hate Tebow banner " maybe if they have one common enemy they will play better .

I am sure Tebow will be fine with it as he is a team player that does not complain and does whatever is asked of him.

7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

It's true. This team is stuck in a permanent loop of Ground Hog Day madness. After all the nonsense with players deriding Sanchez last off-season, we get another dose of it now with Tebow hate.

Note to Jets: If you see Manish Mehta entering the locker room with his tape recorder and he starts to reference your quarterback issues, clam up.

I am not a Tebow fan but, I almost feel sorry for him. The Jets are just pathetic. Throughout the pre-season the Tebow Package and Wildcat was under tight wraps and security so other teams we would be completely befuddled when the season began.

However, the truth is there never was a single trick play worth a dam.The only befuddled team is the Jets who consistently look like a fire drill every time Tebow comes in. This team has probably garnered more penalty yardage than gained yardage from these brilliant Tebow substitutions.

#67 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I got really upset with Mehta last January when he broke the "Sanchez team mates think he is coddled and lazy" stories. This is more of the same. Anonymous sources ripping one of their high profile team mates may make good fodder for the presses and sell news papers and hits but it really does not belong in sports reporting.

First of all, there's no way to verify the sources and make an accurate determination if their input is useful. With the Sanchez stories last year if you'd told me the rippers were Plaxico, Holmes and that VP the Jets canned after the season I'd have said "So what? Consider the source." If we knew that it was LT, Mangold and Revis obviously the input is a lot more important. Not knowing makes the input not valuable, just destructive to the team.

Secondly, no team is a soap opera until somebody makes an attempt to turn them into one. Stories like this create soap operas. If I was interested in watching soap operas I'd be doing that on daytime TV not watching the Jets on Sunday.

The media has the power to create and manipulate perception. Their job is to sell papers, hits and commercials on the air. For many of them in what is a heavily contested environment in which media companies are failing left and right there is no fine line to draw between what is good journalism and what just sells ads. "Headless QB in topless locker room" may do that but it is harshly destructive to the subject being covered at the same time.

I said last January that if I was Woody I'd ban Mehta from anything but official communiques from the team. I'd make it very clear to the employees I actually had real control over, in the front office, back office and coaching staff, that he was off limits at the threat of losing your job. I'd spend a lot of the limited capital that owners have with their players letting them know that people who speak poorly of the organization, and this is speaking poorly of the organization, hurt everybody involved and that the Jets would act appropriately if they discovered anybody ripping team mates through the press.

Freedom of speech is a real concern but there's nothing that guarantees you a pay check if you open your mouth in ways that hurt the team. There's no whistle-blower law for personal interactions in the NFL CBA.

#68 Br4d, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Every year they find a way to look like more of an ASS TEAM.
    Good job.
    Well, when the Rams beat up on us next week, Rex will say, "We need to get better and Mark is our man".

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

You cannot blame the players for sounding off on the ridiculous move that Tebow was....everyone in football knows why he was brought in....you cant sugar coat a turd and sell it as a twinkie regardless of how many times he quotes the Bible and says the nice thing...

Bottom line is he is a gimmick player and that gets you nowhere in the NFL

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

O lord, I honestly cannot believe that he really wrote that Tebow "single-handedly" led the Broncos to a win against the Jets. So the defense didn't do anything? The TE didn't dive for the poorly thrown ball in the last drive? I seriously am out of words right now.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Great post as usual from you ..........

13. catfish

catfish New Member

good response, I agree with your line of thinking, Manish is getting infamous for his "anonymous" sources

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hope U will be around in like 10 years when maybe it will be fixed :sad:

15. Uniondale_Tom

Uniondale_Tom New Member

I would love if they did that to Mehta. This isn't government whistle-blowing, this is football and anonymous sources are invalid to me. But boy does he love these anonymous sources. What a journalist?! The second time in a year he's written an article like this, and causing a shit storm of media attention again. But I'm to believe they are real sources? Hope he enjoys the traffic on his Daily News site.

And for all the bravado an shittalking our team does, they aren't brave enough to talk shit about Tebow and put their name on it. And they talk smack on the receivers? I'm that much closer to tapping out on this team. As stupid as Cromartie and Slauson sound, I give them credit for not being cowards and putting their name on it.

16. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I agree to a point but this a textbook "don't kill the messenger" case. I can't blame Manish for reporting what should, but obviously isn't, being kept in house. If players, anonymous or otherwise, want to go off on a teammate of their own free will to someone they obviously know is going to put it all out there, then the fault is on them (and a FO that allows it to happen), not on the guy who is doing his job.

And the fact that they haven't put a muzzle on Manish after the last damning piece he did just proves all the more that Woody just wants press - good, bad, or indifferent. He's more afraid of irrelevancy than mediocrity.

17. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Roll on January- March when we trade him

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yeah cause Tebow is the reason the Jets are 3-6 , hopefully they cut Tebow today , maybe the Jets can turn the season around and win out if that happens .

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The sad part here is since there is no such thing as bad publicity, Woody is probably rubbing his hands with glee. All this Tebow bad-mouthing will probably manifest itself in more Tebow Jersey sales from the die-hard fans supporting their fallen warrior.

Mehta makes Cimini seem like Santa.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ers-say-tim-tebow-skills-improved-report-says

Here's a link.

I love how the one supporter Tebow had who spoke up went to the same old cliche.... "He's a winner." Even he felt Sanchez shouldn't lose his job now.

Sorry Tebow fanatics. The guys that see him every day think he sucks. Almost a quarter of the team spoke up about that and few spoke up on his behalf.