Not one pro-bowl caliber player on offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 12, 2012.

1. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

Not one!!!!

We are competing with the likes of the Chiefs & Jaguars for the super bowl of offensive ineptitude.

How could a team that only two years ago fielded a triple threat of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes & Jericho Cotchery come crashing down so fast and so far to where we stand now; incapable of scoring an offensive touch down in 2 consecutive complete games!!!

Sanchez is the least of this teams concerns, and i say that not to vouch for him as this teams long term answer at quarterback(i dont think he is) but rather, we should be more concerned with the rest of the team and the absolute lack of talent.

Mangold has regressed (no longer probowl caliber)
    Brick has regressed (no longer probowl caliber)
    The other 3 clowns on the line, need i say more?

Keller-Probably: the least dynamic or explosive of the so-called dynamic/explosive hybrid tight ends ever drafted. When was the last time this guy made a game-changing play? He's essentially become the chaz shilens of tight ends.

Hill/Kerley: Potential is there for both to be pretty good players in the future, kerley im sure of, hill not so much. Nonetheless the receiving corps is depleted. With or without holmes this was a weak unit entering the season.

The sad thing is hundreds of thousands of Jets fans across the tri-state area could have fingerpointed the glaring whole at WR going into the 2012 season, yet the braintrust in Floral Park chose to completely ignore or where incapable of seeing the WR's for what they are-Raw, unexperienced & overmatched.

Which finally brings me to SHONN F'in GREENE.... That's right theres a new guy around town who deserves the F'in moniker, replacing our old pal wayne hunter. A team that is built on a ground & pound philoshophy, who's entire premise is based on managing the clock, eleviating pressure of the quarterback & opening up the play-action game absolutely cannot accomplish such goals with a player of SHONN F'in GREENE's caliber. There where three sweep plays ran yesterday, that were so perfectly blocked, a convoy of lineman leading the way, where SHONN F'in GREENE managed to pick up 5 measly yards on, when 95% of starting backs in this league would have picked up more than 20 before being touched. SHONN F'in GREENE does not belong in the NFL. He had one good run as a rookie cleaning up games for Thomas Jones. He's been an absolute albatross since.

Tannenbaum is in over his head on the player personel front. Start fresh in 2013.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Mangold is a pro-bowler. He's the only one good enough to even be considered though. He has regressed but he's still up there amongst top C

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What your not impressed with Sceillenz???or Jason Hill, Stephen Hill's ball catching ability resembles a man with no arms trying to catch a watermelon in a snowstorm

4. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

Stephen Hill and Jason Hills baby wouldnt be a probowl caliber player.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Mangold is still playing great. And brick has been his usual self, he's been damn good.

Problem is skill position wise, there are no one who can help break a game open.

Hill is too young and raw, I feel Keller isn't good enough to be that type. Kerley is a very good player but he's a complimentary piece.

RB there's NO ONE. Greene is more of a Michael bush type. McKnight is the closest we have and he has yet to take that spot over...either way he's not good enough.
    Powell is more of a Mewelde Moore type back than anything.

Sanchez is the type of QB that needs guys around him. He's not going to make other guys better.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

True. Every body bitched about the receiving corpse and the back up running back situation, Tanny did nothing and now it's biting us in the anus.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I disagree on Brick. He hasn't been the same since Faneca left.

He whiffs at least once a game. I think covering for Matt Shitson is affecting his play.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

yeah our Guards are the biggest problem on the line

Mangold covers for Moore and Slauson, Brick covers for Slauson and then Howard has his lapse every now and then

Plug in some maulers who can go 1 on 1 and our line is fine

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'd say Mangold still is pro-bowl caliber. But, yeah, point taken: our offense is a collection of mediocre (or worse) players at their positions. You can't win that way. I still think our biggest need is a good feature back. Of course you need the line to give them space but if we had a real top flight RB (like a Foster or Rice or someone that level) I think we're definitely a much better team, playoff bound at least. Although we also need upgrades at WR, QB and almost everywhere else if we're going to compete for a SB.

Details, details.